Same hand Percentages

F

Fushicho

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
When a player is all-in and called, the hands go by quite quickly and you can't pause so I'm not sure this is true, but if anyone knows then reply here.

Basically I think if the two players currently have the same hand the online site will say each player has a 50% chance of winning the hand.
Lets say one player has J10 of clubs and the other had J2 off-suit (pick any 2 suites)

The board comes KKQQ with 2 clubs.
Both players have Two pair with a Jack kicker, does the site say they both have a 50% chance or does work out the odds for the flush and straight draw.
I think it gets it wrong and say 50/50, but you don't get time to study it.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
At least in pokerstars it gives you the correct % information. I've been in a couple of those and it doesn't display 50/50.
The only scenario where I often see 50/50 is when both players have the same cards.

S

SharkFinn

Rock Star
Total posts
With the resources the poker rooms have it's fairly trivial for them to code those calculations correctly, so I'd be very surprised if it wasn't correct. I can't see why they'd take a short cut like that when it would have a negligible impact on their overall coding effort.

It may actually be more effort to put in a short cut like that, since in other situations the equity calculation needs to take account of all potential cards anyway.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Total posts
It`s been always 50-50 from what I saw in such cases, I don't know where you could see smth different, all the good sites for sure have correct programs to make such calculations

F

Fushicho

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
As an update I got told be a friend that he saw a hand where both players had the same hand but one had a (runner-runner) flush draw and the percentage were 52/48. So end of thread! :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Any card of clubs, as well as any ace or nine gives a victory to the player with J10 !!! Obviously, the player with J10 has a lot more chances !!! So I don't think the poker room can show the odds - 50/50 !!!

H

Harbringerbg

Enthusiast
Total posts
Ofcourse poker sites take into account flush draws and straight draws. This is like asking if certain poker room use cards.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands