Running It Twice

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR has started giving the option to run it twice if you get all-in preflop in cash.

Is it profitable to run it twice in no-limit?

I assume I am always flipping some pair vs a big ace.

The more runouts the more you decrease variance. Less big wins and less big losses.

But - if you have the best hand preflop - why would you want to surrender equity?

A buddy told me to either always run it twice or never - and that would result in similar outcomes. That doesn't sound right.

When would it be optimal to run it more than twice?

The clock on ACR is so fast that I haven't been able to select this option yet.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard running it more than once is solely for reducing variance. One factor is the more $ you have to lose, the more you might be inclined to run it twice. After thinking the same thoughts as you, I decided I'd use it only if it is going to be close, like I have two pair on a possible flush or straight board. Or if I have a straight on a possible flush board. BTW, there is a radio button on the left where you can turn it on.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A buddy told me to either always run it twice or never - and that would result in similar outcomes. That doesn't sound right.
That would result in similar outcomes in a long run.

It is profitable for the Room. Let me explain.
For you, if you keep playing in the same manner, it would be neutral outcome in terms of profit. The true goal of "run it twice" is make you play all-in more offten, because it'll seems less risky for you.
Going All-In Preflop makes poker not so much of a diffrense from a roulette, which is much more profitable business for an owner.

So, subjectively I would suggest keep playing as usual, in order to take a risk as it should - seriosly.
If you have tilt problems, you can go for it. But keep in mind what I just say about the risk.

Also, direct your attention to the fact, that they add "run it twice" only in cash, but not in tornaments (I assume), where reducing variance would be objectively better option.
GL:cool:

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the option to run it twice is silly, if you're playing to win money you should run it once, don't throw away your equity, run the cards and so be it. the rake is going to eat you alive if you run it twice longterm, it's pointless. no gamble, no future.

HeshamTwix

HeshamTwix

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EG
Chips
Well, it really depends on sitations sometimes run it twice will make you win the pot sometimes not, but if u have a rare cards AA, KK. Dont run it twice because you usually have the better hand.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The true goal of "run it twice" is make you play all-in more offten, because it'll seems less risky for you.

Ah - I have noticed that players that always run it twice do so with much looser ranges.

I assume these players are undeveloped and discover that they can play more hands and go in more often and "hopefully" lose less with a lot of chops with one other opponent.

Even though they are losing more to rake with "more chops" they don't see it that way - they are having fun getting their stack in the pot!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But - if you have the best hand preflop - why would you want to surrender equity?

You dont surrender any equity by running it twice, assuming that ACR dont charge you a fee, which would be unusual. There will be situations, where you split the pot rather than winning or losing it, but in the long run the result will be exactly the same.

I suppose you mean more than once? Its optimal, when you want to reduce your variance. Reasons to do this is, that you are using aggressive bankroll management, and/or you are prone to tilt, when you lose. On the other side you might select to not run it twice, if you think, your opponent will rebuy, if they lose, and then play poorly because of tilt.

Online however a lot of bad players tend to leave a cash table, if you bust them, which is actually bad for you. So for me personal, when I played cash games on pokerstars (they had this feature for many years), I always had run it twice enabled, and I had it set to an auto decision.

M

masa11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR has started giving the option to run it twice if you get all-in preflop in cash.

I assume I am always flipping some pair vs a big ace.

The more runouts the more you decrease variance. Less big wins and less big losses.

The clock on ACR is so fast that I haven't been able to select this option yet.

I have already read more than once, and not only me, then that if they give cards, then during the hour you can play, mainly until the break or until the end of the 1st break, then the cards change abruptly, or there will be no card turnover until the break on this it makes sense to re-enter well, I have not tri

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2X. NOT

I am not a big fan of running it twice, it seems to me that when players wish to run it twice it is because of their Loose play style, i.e. shove all the time. thus running it twice is to their advantage..In live cash games I have had players suggest running it twice and almost always because they are not running well....I NEVER run twice...Old saying "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" lol. :):):)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In live cash games I have had players suggest running it twice and almost always because they are not running well

I had not considered running it twice just because of running bad.

If a player runs it twice whenever running bad - then that could be advantageous ??

The player would reduce variance when they are on the "unluckiest" part of their probability curve.

If I can reduce my variance to zero when running really bad - if I can possibly break-even when running my worst (AA getting cracked - getting rivered like crazy - etc.)

Then run it only once when running good to increase profit.

OK - for me this is a good reason to run twice at certain times.