Run It Once

K

KierranLS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Run It Once is now live. Anyone tried it? Looking forward to checking it out later.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Silly me for thinking it would be available to US residents.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played for about 45 minutes, don't think I'll be moving sites. Can't put my finger on it why but didn't feel right.

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Galfond presents: Run It Once poker site.

I saw that today is the day the Run It Once site is supposed to be up. Has anyone downloaded it and tried it? If so, what are your thoughts?

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I am going to try it but I am going to wait a couple weeks. When something new comes out there always a few bugs in them at first.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have not tried it but seems intriging at the least.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on there now playing baby stakes 6 max hold em. The random splash pots are a fun way to get rake back. Chips will fall from the sky and add to the pot at the beginning of some hands.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
. Yes. I tried. I almost loved it !! !!View attachment 232549

Funny poker room.
b8618567fabe478e61f669a86237e6c0.png

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I haven't tried it, because I can't install it. After I click the "install" button the message "Successfully installed" appears immediately, and of course it's not installed.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And yet another poker site that U.S. players have no way of playing. Would be nice if later U.S. players are allowed, but i feel that may take a few years, if ever.
Hype for the site was like the Super Bowl, no game all talk.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I expected this for my country (Bulgaria). We have very strict regulation with few operators allowed. Even stars needed some time to break through.

Fahrenheit451

Fahrenheit451

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was searching for a poker training site where I can choose to learn whatever topic I feel relevant for me.
When I tried to visit RIO it was down.
I read about site and it looks like it is just another poker room, so I'm confused now.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For those interested, the latest episode of The DAT podcast you can find an interview with Phil Galfond about the progress of Run It Once (the final 36 minutes of the podcast).

It makes for grim listening. Galfond is open and frank about the problems encountered with building the site and software, the lack of games therefore the lack of players, and that there possibly could be an end to the capital injections needed to keep it going. He even admits if he knew then what he does now, he likely would not have attempted to launch.

It's sad because Phil Galfond is one of the good guys in poker and all this was done with the best of intentions. That said, I would not be surprised in the least to hear that RIO had ceased operations in the near future.

Last edited:
KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
Run it Once is very cool place
they have innovations, like your avatar changes depends on your success
the leaders also random show up at table, called "splash" place extra monies into the pot you playing
the software is very simple and clean... Phil Galfond one of nicest guys i ever met in poker runs it all, as a player he design much of site to be good for players
i was invite participate in the beta testing, so i end up now in account 74 pounds (its all in english monies but based in Malta)
i truly wish they hurry up make MTT and SitnGos... is just cash games yet *sighs*

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard it's not going very well over there. I don't think they gave much of a reason to play there vs the bigger sites like pokerstars and Party. I have heard Phil on a podcast talking about improvements but they don't even have MTT's yet ... lol

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is cool! I have a basic (free) membership at RunitOnce.com, which basically doesn't give me anything. Got an e-mail from them today saying:

af1b9f33ced970ecf08b2b7e039ccde2.png

I logged in and sure enough my free account had been upgraded to the $24.99 Essential account:

3dbbec6fe7a5142f7900599dc65659a8.png

Kudos to Runitonce.com! Now I just need to find some time to watch poker training videos.

Last edited: