RNG on ACR tournaments realistic?

A

ahweiss123

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I was curious what others thought about ACR's RNG (the supposedly "random" hand selection the program generates).

I play mostly small stakes tournaments and occasionally low stakes cash. I have had highs and lows, but I have noticed that every 1-5 hands, I receive suited connectors, 2 broadway cards, or a pocket pair. Also, when I receive a premium pocket pair, it seems another 2-3 people on the table, likewise, have a premium hand. I often see AAs over KKs over QQs, etc. Another thing I have noticed is that I often receive two premium hands back-to-back. One wins, the other loses (not necessarily in that order).

This does not match up to my experiences playing tournaments and cash live (although I have only been playing for a year or two).

Please let me know what you all think. I mostly play re-buy tournaments, so I am wondering if the RNG is set to trigger big hands so that people re-buy. Perhaps, I should just play the one-and-done tournaments (ACR calls them "Freezeouts")?

Thank you for your advice.

Dale Kirk

Dale Kirk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed the same thing its like every hand is meant for a all in moment. I don't think they're random hand generator is on lol. Its crazy really. Kinda statically impossible. I've had pocket AA against pocket AA at least 5 or 6 times. I wish it was more realistic.

I don't think its realistic at all. Too many great hands every hand

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JayGotTheNutz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fasho it’s a joke

Yeah it’s most definitely predetermined. I can’t seem to catch the rotation some times but when I do I hit every time this is a good & bad thing most winning players just are comfortable with the software. I like to play mid stakes cash & “hit & run” or whatever u wanna call it because if u don’t you’ll tank for sure.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play online poker, variance is going to take into affect because you play more hands in an hour than you do live poker.