CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Concern

I am thinking much the same as Jordan. The average finish of the CardsChat League Team Event seems to hover around 20th for those who do not play a hand. Must have indeed been a wild game that day.

I don't know about alls lack of concern regarding the issue of players not playing yet gaining points, I thought the object of a League and Teams was for members of the team to Play and gain points for the team yet obviously the object of this League is just to sign up and if you play fine if not the league will reward you anyway. What is the point?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know about alls lack of concern regarding the issue of players not playing yet gaining points, I thought the object of a League and Teams was for members of the team to Play and gain points for the team yet obviously the object of this League is just to sign up and if you play fine if not the league will reward you anyway. What is the point?

There are various reasons why people don't get to sit in - could be there was an arrangement with the team beforehand - could be that the player has lost internet access - could be their cookies were not cleared and since Replay is operated through a browser, that could effect the entry to the game.

We ran into similar issues with sitouts when we played on pokerstars as well, so most of the reasons I have stated would still apply. Of course, we want everyone who has signed up to play in the League to actually play their assigned games. I don't know what else to tell you other than there are simply some issues that can occur. And of course, we strongly stress that communication is key when it comes to teammates.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are various reasons why people don't get to sit in - could be there was an arrangement with the team beforehand - could be that the player has lost internet access - could be their cookies were not cleared and since Replay is operated through a browser, that could effect the entry to the game.

We ran into similar issues with sitouts when we played on PokerStars as well, so most of the reasons I have stated would still apply. Of course, we want everyone who has signed up to play in the League to actually play their assigned games. I don't know what else to tell you other than there are simply some issues that can occur. And of course, we strongly stress that communication is key when it comes to teammates.

My team only has 2 players that can play on Friday nights martinlgs and myself as backup only if needed. He is always fearful of losing power due to bad infrastructure in his Country, I thought I would not be able to back him up so told him to go ahead and register ahead of time because a few points is better than no points at all if something does happen. Sure enough as luck would have it 5 minutes after he registered he lost power. Worse still is I made it home on time after all and could have played:mad:
Oh and it was 17th place and 16 points that Martin made so if there was someone else and they finished 13th then I would be more worried that people must have been folding to a sit out:eek:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My team only has 2 players that can play on Friday nights martinlgs and myself as backup only if needed. He is always fearful of losing power due to bad infrastructure in his Country, I thought I would not be able to back him up so told him to go ahead and register ahead of time because a few points is better than no points at all if something does happen. Sure enough as luck would have it 5 minutes after he registered he lost power. Worse still is I made it home on time after all and could have played:mad:
Oh and it was 17th place and 16 points that Martin made so if there was someone else and they finished 13th then I would be more worried that people must have been folding to a sit out:eek:

Yeah, that's unfortunate Ron and I am pretty certain he is not alone. I will keep my fingers crossed that he can stay connected in future games!

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is amazing! I will sign up to practice for sure as it’s hard to find somewhere with serious play when no money is on the line so this is something that will benefit me a lot thanks

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I wonder about the ability of players to sit out totally from a game yet still gain points, as an example on Oct 21 a player at our table never played yet he gained 24 points for himself and his team. Doesn't seem kosher to me. Other players who actually played got far less for their efforts???:):):)

Not sure why that's a concern? Must have been a really wild game though if he or she finished in 13th place without playing a hand.

Sorry CDNMAN, my comment was a little flippant. To explain - I just happen to be okay with someone sitting out the whole game. As Shells observed there are lots of reasons it may happen. I seriously doubt anyone joins League with the intention of sitting out. That seat adds a certain dynamic to the game though, and anything that mixes things up just makes it more interesting to me. Plus it gives me that little bit of extra incentive not to lose before the person who's not actually there does.

But really I have to ask why on earth everybody let the player who was sitting out make it all the way to 13th place? That's more than just luck. That's plain crazy. Somethng wrong there.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Hey guys,
I totally forgot to mention that my issue with Replay Poker is solved:)

It was quite simple: just had to download Google Chrome and Walllaaaaa... everything is ok.

Thank you very much Debi, Tammy and Shell for all the help:)
And a special thanks also to the Replay - Crew(Patrick) who was even willing to help me resolve my Opera issues although I already had Chrome up and running:icon_thum

So now I can AVENGE All those that are my opponents:p :D

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips

We ran into similar issues with sitouts when we played on PokerStars as well, so most of the reasons I have stated would still apply. Of course, we want everyone who has signed up to play in the League to actually play their assigned games. I don't know what else to tell you other than there are simply some issues that can occur. And of course, we strongly stress that communication is key when it comes to teammates.

These are EXACTLY some of the problems I was facing and HAD to sit out.
Had no other choice.
So I can understand those that are maybe facing similar problems and situations.

I don't have a problem at all.
I get more free blinds to pick up :D:D:D

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is this new "Endorse" feature for and how does it work? I'm the type to observe it early, but too timid to mess around with it if I don't know what it does :D

Attachments

• cardschatReplayPokerEndorse.jpg
    cardschatReplayPokerEndorse.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 45
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bump - anyone home? I'd rather not create a new thread just to get the "Endorse" feature mystery solved, so I'll wait here a bit longer ;)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a Fame system
You can give others an endorse and they get a bonus when they login depending on their endorsement Lvl

Check this link:
https://www.replaypoker.com/promotions/endorsements

When you receive one, there is a notification. And it shows up in your profile.

Thanks for the hyperlink and information both of you - looks like a cool new feature for the site :)

Thanks guys for doing the work for me! :D

That's a really cool idea. It will be interesting to see how it plays out on their site.

+1 and thanks for your efforts Tammy :)