Remuneration for poker platform failures in freeroll tournaments

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On many occasions these failures occur just when the freeroll tournaments are being held, do you consider it an obligation of the game platform to remunerate its players in freeroll tournaments? If so, what could be the most appropriate compensation?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think so. I mean it is free anyway....just play the next one and your'e good to go !!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
ACR is pretty diligent if a freeroll tourney is in play those in the money are compensated.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Firstly no the don’t owe you anything unless it was a reward for deposit or something then they should probably just schedule a new date.

Second, I was today years old when I learned the difference between remuneration and renumeration. Thanks :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People playing freerolls are not exactly the first ones, who comes to my mind as needing compensation, if a tournament has to be cancelled. But if I was to just randomly say, what I would consider "fair", then maybe something like this:

1) If the freeroll is not yet in the money, then just cancel it. If people used a ticket to play, then give remaining players another ticket.

2) If the freeroll is already in the money, then distribute the remaining price pool between those, who are still in it, like apparently ACR does.

If a poker site does neither of the above, I would not really consider it a big deal though. At the end of the day, you paid nothing, so they owe you nothing, as a lot of people have said. Even if the freeroll was part of some reward system, poker sites are not required to offer any rewards, so its basically only a matter of having satisfied and happy customers by living up to promises.

As some might know, pokerstars used to have a reward system, where players earned rake-back during an entire year (SuperNova), and they changed this in the middle of a year, when people were already expecting to recieve that end-of-year check from PokerStars. There was a lot of complaining about this, but at the end of the day disappointed players could do nothing more than take their future business elsewhere.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
We are also considering time and energy. In theory, if it is to be fair, remuneration should also be mandatory in these cases. Now, in practice, each platform sets its rules.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The key word here is "free",,, :deal:

W

wimpyfish1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I would say no remuneration.
It cost you nothing to enter and the site was kind enough to put up a freeroll.
Some sites don't

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you paid with a freeroll ticket then you definitely should get a new one. Other than that. No.

chaviiiis

chaviiiis

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When its a freroll... i dont think is fair ot get a compensation...

Atho i must say T&C are different from poker rooms...