RAZZ, it'll give you grey hair

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it would be 'fun' to play in a big RAZZ freeroll, so I sat down, spent the first hour trying to explain to my wife why I was raising or folding, and proceeded to build up a healthy stack.

2400 people started, I'm sitting in about 30th in chips with maybe 200 or so left.

I'm dealt A 2 3, with the 3 showing, so I complete. guy with an 8 showing calls.

Next card is a 4, so now I've started with the absolute best possible first 4 cards. He gets a 9, so he's showing 8,9 so I JAM the pot. Cap it.

next card is a A. DAMMIT ! But I'm showing A34 to his 896, so I JAM THE POT AGAIN ! cap it.

Next card is an K. DAMMIT AGAIN ! He gets a J. So even if he's perfect in the hole, I'm still ahead (I think)

Last card:

ANOTHER DANG 4 !

grr.

So I went from A234 starting, and ended up with a really really crappy hand.

ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH !!!!!

*mental note to self, don't play RAZZ any more*

Even though it was a freeroll, I'm very proud to have made it as far as I did.

:congrats:

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Out in 91st out of 2400

yay me !

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah, I love razz but it's completely frustrating to have a great starting hand that turns into junk!

Congrats on the good finish, though. :)

P

pirates66

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm in a razz freeroll on PS right now too. Probably the same one you were in.

I'm in 17th with 62 people left.

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine was on full tilt.

Nice job on the high finish.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I`ve played razz but dont really like it,, it WILL drive you nuts,,lol,,buck:D

fadeproofsg

fadeproofsg

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a scar on my knuckles from a Razz anger-induced punch... but I still love it. I wear it happily, almost. :p

katymaty

katymaty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just checked and they have razz freeroll later, might have a go and see what its like even though i havent a clue how to play lol

Its called Keplers FL razz freeroll, not sure what the kepler part means but it let me register ;)

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just checked and they have razz freeroll later, might have a go and see what its like even though i havent a clue how to play lol

Its called Keplers FL razz freeroll, not sure what the kepler part means but it let me register ;)
best hand is A 2 3 4 5,, its not a straight though, its called 5 high,, its your lowest high hand that counts,, its a puzzler.lol buck:D :confused: :confused:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kepler was an Astronomer/Physicist straight out of the way back machine.....

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's a very simple, warp your mind kinda game. When I was growing up, in the dark ages, "back in the day", we called it 7 stud lowball.