Pure play won't cancel membership?

S

SteelCity412

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've played at pure play years ago. Decided in October to try it out again and used their 2 week free trial. Didn't like the site just like I didn't last time, figured id give it another try years later. So I cancel before the 2 week trial is up and of course you have to call and they give you an email you have to contact and cancel, they did reply back saying it will be taken care of.

So my account still is active and they continue to take $25 out of my bank account each month. This can't be legal. I've emailed them numerous times and yet they ignore my request to cancel. There's no way to contact them that I know of other than that support email. I did get the money back from my bank but they are gonna continue to take it out and the bank isn't gonna keep giving me back my money, it's not on their end.

Anyone know what I can do, or if anyone has been through this similar situation what do you recommend I should do?

I'm trying to stay away from closing my bank account or getting a different debit card.

Anyway this site can be reported?

C

cursed989

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd recommend talking to your bank about more preventative tactics in the meantime. I've never dealt with PurePlay, but I'm nearly certain that most banks could put a block on their attempts (you may have to go a bit more extreme and block international purchases or something, if it even is one).