Pokerstar chest help

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone know why I don't add points to the chest? It has a game for money and I don't add any points. does anyone know how to fix it?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
this depends how long and how much is your buyin in a tournament ou sit and go,
example in zoom $0.01 you need to play and win a lot of hands to add some points,
the zoom however it is the fastest way to gain chest because of the multi table

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my chests keep expiring. I havent opened one in ages. I used to make a bit of money playing the deal but lately I never even get a chance to play it. And Im not doing anything different than before--Im playing about the same amount and for same micro stakes.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
And my chests out of nowhere became 3 times more expensive for the same color, wth? I had 9/10 chests so I needed to earn 1 more chest and I would be moved to the next level of them, but I was tired of poker and stopped playing for a couple of days. When I came back I had only 7/10 left, so 3 more before the next level. Once I earned one chest, the next one started to cost 3 times more points lol lol lol Like, there are chances that if I earned one more chest once I got 9 and moved to the next level, I would have had to make less rake for a better chest than for the chest of the lower level I have now. just LOL

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As for the original question - are sure they don't add up? If you play cash, in my experience the points get added with some time lag. Rake taken from buy-ins added immediately, I've never experienced any problems like that (or never noticed).

Wanted to suggest you to order a playing history audit, but now I noticed that they don't show the changes of points, but only changes of starcoins balance and real money balance.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many thanks to all who took care to respond. Today is September 1 and I started adding. I don't know why I didn't join before. but I think it has been fixed. really thank you very much

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars chest rewards decrease as you climb

It's actually ridiculous that the weighted average return of a chest decreases as you climb from Blue to Bronze chests.

My requirements for a blue chest were 2500 points
Requirements for a bronze chest are 5950 points

I calculated the probability weighted returns of a bronze chest which is $1.20, which are found here: (sum of all dollar amounts x probability of outcome)
6b994554dd087ed263f7b76503bc435e.png

So basically 2500 points at blue level chest = $0.60 return
But 5950 points at brown = $1.20 return on average.

At blue level, each point is worth 0.024cents (60/2500)
At brown level, each point is worth only 0.02 cents (120/5950)

Honestly, this is ridiculous. What's the incentive to climb chest levels when rake back lessons the higher you go.

I haven't bothered to calculate the rake back for chests past Bronze because I'm not there yet currently at the stakes I play and I'm unable to obtain the personal points required to get each chest as pokerstars gives each player a different points requirement depending on their skill level.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im thinking about moving my play to gg poker that has a 65% rakeback deal through pokerstrategy.Plus pokerstrategy offer access to poker cources and videos through a tiered points system you climb via earning rake with them.I like the pokerstars software but they have killed player rewards and vpip scheme its next to worthless now.So it seems the only way to show disapproval is to vote with your rake and play else where.Ill try gg and clear a sign up bonus to see how i like it here's a link to the deal im talking about just look in the free money offers or bonus deals.
https://www.pokerstrategy.com/#u5O2FI

Last edited:
U

ussys

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After last changes in chests i began to ignore them altogether. Politics PS of bonuses it get’s worse with every years, this so sad. As a far as i know, many poker celebs to expressed negative opinion about this… but is’t anything them care.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found I got 10x to 30x the coins I the bronze chests I have earned recently.

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
The chests are dead to me as a rec, ever since they made the blue chest the minimal one, the points jumped from 260 to 800 and they removed the 2x boosts. I put the effort to get one at 800 to see whether it's worth it, but it was nothing special (~30 cents), so I don't even try now. I had one expiring at ~500/800 last month, while 56/800 is my current progress. They want me to collect the rest in the next 10 days. With deadlines like that, I don't think I'll ever see one open again, unless they give it for free. Even if I increase the volume, I am sure they'll rise the requirements to something too uncomfortable again, so what's the point?

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's how they get ya! Small rewards keep you coming back for more. People don't want to feel like they are working harder, but they can't stop when they feel compelled.