PokerSchoolOnline and virtual machines

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an old story but I want to ask you did you had such experience?
Long time ago (more than year) Pokerschoolonline banned me from scratch&match game add after long conversation with their support and I mean long they spitted out that I am banned because of using virtual machine and told me that they won't remove my restriction even I stop using such.
Several months later I was targeted by poll regarding 'Why I am using Virtual machine'.

So, does any one has such expirience?

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an old story but I want to ask you did you had such experience?
Long time ago (more than year) Pokerschoolonline banned me from scratch&match game add after long conversation with their support and I mean long they spitted out that I am banned because of using virtual machine and told me that they won't remove my restriction even I stop using such.
Several months later I was targeted by poll regarding 'Why I am using Virtual machine'.

So, does any one has such expirience?

Why do you play in a virtual machine, you use a linux operating system and use windows in a virtual machine? Or you play in a remote server with a virtual machine?
I am asking because was planning to use Windows as a Virtual Machine.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used virtual machine because of two main reasons:
1. Security - will not explain in details
2. Remote use - basically not to interrupt family members of using PC at the same time

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am against the use of virtual machines and tools. Online poker in my opinion should come as far as possible, without tools only the mind donates players.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is an old story but I want to ask you did you had such experience? Long time ago (more than year) Pokerschoolonline banned me from scratch&match game add after long conversation with their support and I mean long they spitted out that I am banned because of using virtual machine and told me that they won't remove my restriction even I stop using such. Several months later I was targeted by poll regarding 'Why I am using Virtual machine'.So, does any one has such expirience?
hi hi beldin :ciao:
i google "virtual machine" and i still no understand what is such a thing lol
(dizzy blonde)
is a cheater thing? why they opposed of it?
please you can explain to puzzled me?
thank you

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It basically would allow you to run a separate system within a system. Virtual Machine it is just a program it looks like how a web page looks and inside that program it looks like an entirely separate computer.

It is quite a handy tool used mostly for testing stuff on so you do not risk crashing your main system. I use it in past in work pc to run some older programs that would not otherwise work and to use some unlicensed software.

Why would some need to do this to play poker or visit a poker website I am not sure.

Maybe they are using a work computer and do not want employers to know they are playing Poker. Maybe to hide it from family members.

Reason why Poker Rooms do not like Virtual Machines because people that use them can easily multi account. While the Poker Rooms will figure them out eventually it could take a some time.

hi hi beldin :ciao:
i google "virtual machine" and i still no understand what is such a thing lol
(dizzy blonde)
is a cheater thing? why they opposed of it?
please you can explain to puzzled me?
thank you

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It basically would allow you to run a separate system within a system. Virtual Machine it is just a program it looks like how a web page looks and inside that program it looks like an entirely separate computer.

It is quite a handy tool used mostly for testing stuff on so you do not risk crashing your main system. I use it in past in work pc to run some older programs that would not otherwise work and to use some unlicensed software.

Why would some need to do this to play poker or visit a poker website I am not sure.

Maybe they are using a work computer and do not want employers to know they are playing Poker. Maybe to hide it from family members.

Reason why Poker Rooms do not like Virtual Machines because people that use them can easily multi account. While the Poker Rooms will figure them out eventually it could take a some time.

I am a Linux guy, and I want to run windows in a virtual machine, and that’s why I was going to try to use it.

Mac Poker