Poker sites should remove timeout when game starts

M

mp3player

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't you hate it when a tourney starts and half of the people are not there so each perso gets a 60 second time out.. What's worse is when it happens on freeroll (even though i mostly play it) i am all for timeout but i just hate it when the game starts. My suggestions is have ai see who's afk and keep them timeout until they come back. Then activate timeout after the 1st round of when cards dealt for other people.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, thats its annoying to wait for someone to run their entire time bank in the very first hand of the tournaments before going into sit-out mode. And especially so if its a large timebank like 60 seconds. However the software cant detect, if people are present or not. So the only way to solve this would be to give players a smaller time bank at the beginning of the tournament.

And I certainly think, that would be reasonable. Its online poker, and people should be able to make any decision is much less than 60 seconds especially in the first blind levels, where its rare, that their stack is at risk. So maybe give each player 20 seconds at the beginning at the tournament, and then add another 10 seconds, every time the blinds go up.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi mp3plater. Yes it's annoying to me too. But it's probably because some of those players are not at the table. They have forgot or something. Anyway, GL to you

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah its annoying alright, sometimes like 4 players use their whole 1.5 minute time bank. Well dont think this is much of a problem anywhere except freerolls. So i dont see any rooms worrying aout it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I agree , first hand it should be a fold and sit out instantly , the timebank should remain untouched and unused . When the player sits in , the timebank can be activated then

. I also have the laptop open , I might have a bath or sth else , I come later afte 5,10 or 15 Min and I see 0sec timebank lol . I think this happens if the player is at the blinds , also on mobile when I change App from poker to sth else and back to poker that happens a lot . Nowadays I try to control this on mobile , at the beginning and later throughout the tourney .

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh absolutely!!!! This is my pet hate. Sometimes at ACR the first orbit takes several minutes

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree , first hand it should be a fold and sit out instantly , the timebank should remain untouched and unused . When the player sits in , the timebank can be activated then

Thats actually a good idea. No time bank to use, until the first decision has been made. As others have said, this is mostly a problem in freerolls though, and it hardly makes sense to change the system just to make freerolls more enjoyable ;)

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't you hate it when a tourney starts and half of the people are not there so each perso gets a 60 second time out.. What's worse is when it happens on freeroll (even though i mostly play it) i am all for timeout but i just hate it when the game starts. My suggestions is have ai see who's afk and keep them timeout until they come back. Then activate timeout after the 1st round of when cards dealt for other people.

I agree, pokerstar should take action in these situations.

Top 10 Games