Poker sites and Epassaporte

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I've read a few threads here, but I feel compelled to just ask a couple questions about depositing, because I want to know all i can before making a move.

I am a US player, and while I understand that in due time the US will not be able to hold it's anti-online poker stance (WTO rulings and pending cases against the US to impose sactions, Circuit court rulings stating the Wire act does not ban online poker) I dont feel like waiting 5-10 years ;).

First and foremost, it seems people on here love Noble poker. And after downloading the software and signing up, it denied me because I was a US player :(

I played a lot on ultimate bet, and i've heard mixed things. I want to deposit a small amount, 25-50 bucks maybe?, and just play the cent tables for a bit, work on my game. Is ultimate bet a site that has a good real money player base? I've been doing all free rolls, and the free rolls are getting harder and harder to win due to the ungodly amount of super aggressive players.

Lastly, depositing is, of course, a problem. A friend of mine is also very interested in the online thing, and tried to deposit using the direct visa option on UB first, which never went through. Second, last night we tried to do epassaporte, and it would not accept his card (which is odd, because his card is fine?). I will be depositing using a check card, usable for both debit and credit; will it work on epassaporte, and will the funds actually get to UB? I know epassaporte charges a 5$ deposit fee so I dont want to throw money on there just to try, and waste 5$ (I'm stingy when it comes to small fees ;) )

Thanks for any replies, sorry about the mini ramble =P

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
epassporte works perfectly on pokerstars, so why don't you give that site a try?

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ePassporte works fine on UB, I use it to cash out from there periodically. The onlly hassle I have w/ ePassporte is the lead time it takes for deposits to clear from my bank into their system; going the other way, it's an excellent tool for cashing out. Any time I've cashed out with them, I have my money available in uunder 24hrs.

I mostle play .05/.10 cash tables atUB, but the occasional SnGs and MTTs I've played there their sctucture is good and the competition frankly pretty soft. In truth, I keep an account open there 'cause the WAPT, of which I'm a member, hosts a game there every week.:)

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the quick replies =)

I tried depositing on Epassporte, and it gave me the same error it gave my friend. It wont let me verify my card, nor will it let me deposit; It keeps rejecting the latter and saying that it was unable to begin the verification process.

Anyone have this issue? Im using a check-card, designed to take money directly from my savings account. I can use it freely as debit or credit, and have never had any problems using it online.

Thanks

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most major credit card companies automatically decline ePassporte due to the high number of gambling transactions.

D

drizzt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great =(

any other way to deposit? I just want a legitimate poker site with a working way to deposit for US players.. do they exist anymore?

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have deposited on FullTilt before with just a regular credit card, worked perfectly.

I also have an Epassport account and love it. I used my credit card for it as well, I haven't tried a debit card yet??

I'm not sure so don't quote me on this, but I'd say Epassport will take a credit card before a debit card, because the bank don't want any part of the whole gambling thing, however I'm sure that the credit companys don't care less, they are making money, compaired to a bank that is using your money and no interest?? That is my look on it?? Could be wrong, I've never tried a debit card so I couldn't tell you.

Just use a credit card and then pay if off really quick or something??

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or just send check addressed to Vanquish for lots of moneys.

J

J.C. Harrist

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Epassporte no longers accepts any other cards but Visa and a lot of those will not work either.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So can people still link ePassporte to their bank accounts?