Poker sites that dont allow us players ?

B

Boxcarbandit

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So i was watching some videos online and seen daniel n playing on gg poker although we know he lives in Lv.
I am just curious how is he able to play on there as they dont accept us players.
I have seen other pros online playing as well on sites like stars and etc that dont accept us players
Am i missing something here

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is allowed in few states, including Nevada.
Both GG and PS have the Nevada gaming license, that is required form a poker room.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So i was watching some videos online and seen daniel n playing on gg poker although we know he lives in Lv.
I am just curious how is he able to play on there as they dont accept us players.
I have seen other pros online playing as well on sites like stars and etc that dont accept us players
Am i missing something here

The only time Daniel plays on GG Poker is when he travels to Cabo San Lucas, mexico. He has spent plenty of time down there and even talks about it on his podcast that he co-hosts with Adam Schwartz and Terrence Chan (DAT Poker Podcast - a GREAT listen). Otherwise, the only site he can play on is wsop.com.

Many Americans travel either to canada or Mexico to play on non-US friendly sites, like GG Poker, pokerstars, partypoker, 888, etc.

Hopefully that helps answer your question

nick619

nick619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many Americans travel either to Canada or Mexico to play on non-US friendly sites, like GG Poker, PokerStars, PartyPoker, 888, etc.

How would those players ever cash out? Most poker rooms require ID's, bills, etc. to prove your residency.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How would those players ever cash out? Most poker rooms require ID's, bills, etc. to prove your residency.

They establish residency where they play, so they can legally withdraw money from these sites. Even though it's temporary, the meet the requirements of the specific operator to be able to cash out their poker account.