Poker Bots

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very interested in learning more about these evil poker cyber pests.

I have seen specific mentions about rooms weeding them out.

I was reading in another thread that recently ACR started refunding victim players.

I thought I might start a general bot thread, to share relevant info about this.

I am curious if anyone has any tips to spot them, report them, or intel about the rooms that weed them out the best , or the worst ? Any experiences to share ?

Thanks and have a great 2021 !

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You see a lot of them in some of the freerolls on 888 that are open to all players (not just depositors). The bot accounts often have similar names with sequential numbers after them (for example: abc111, abc112, abc113, abc114, etc.).

If you report them, sometimes the site will do something about it and sometimes they don't.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You see a lot of them in some of the freerolls on 888 that are open to all players (not just depositors). The bot accounts often have similar names with sequential numbers after them (for example: abc111, abc112, abc113, abc114, etc.).

If you report them, sometimes the site will do something about it and sometimes they don't.

That is a good tip , Thanks !

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you search for "buy poker bot" you find many for sale.

This is definitely discouraging information for all honest online poker players.

Here is a good recent article I found on how to detect bots :

https://upswingpoker.com/poker-bots/

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't imagine there are bots in freerolls. Someone who pays for a bot, wants to get the money back, so I assume, you find them more often in cash games.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think they are a lot of nowadays sites securities.
I think they catch them all !

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just found this cool little video poker stars put out last year

Here is more info on the best known to date AI poker player

Last edited:
P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't imagine there are bots in freerolls. Someone who pays for a bot, wants to get the money back, so I assume, you find them more often in cash games.

Agreed. And once detected the account will get banned, so why waste these on freerolls, seems highly unlikely. Low stakes is completely different as there can still be significant payouts especially if multi-tabling and more fish for a GTO tuned bot to catch. But yep, why buy a bot and use it on freerolls, seems daft.

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats the point of using poker bot?

W

wwwrrrccc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bot's

What is the chance i play against bot's on low stakes cash game? Are there poker rooms which not alow them? Thanks!:)

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think any poker rooms allow bots. And it's likely that you've probably played against a bot or two amongst all the real players you've been against. However, that doesn't mean that there are many bots. Personally, I've never been able to identify one and so I believe that if there are in fact bots (which I'm assuming there are) I don't think that there are enough that would effect anyone significantly.

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
buying accounts for bots !!!

Currently, there is a movement in Facebook groups to buy poker accounts that are no longer used by players (I will not talk about the site). These accounts are supposed to be used for scamming by means of bots. The big problem with this is that while serious players are concerned with banning and reporting this practice, other players are selling their accounts for easy money.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just for normal people it's difficult to notice them. So many poker sites run their own observing team.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to say unequivocally that there is a presence of bots. At the moment, having the right software, and the skills to use it, will give you more advantages than any bot in the world. Therefore, these suspicions, and attempts to find the bot at the table, will be unsuccessful, and if you try to write to the support service, you can freeze the accounts of both, until the circumstances are clarified. If you play microlimits, you should not allow the idea that bots are sitting around you, most likely they will be drunk or stoned fish that will love you on any two.