Poker Beta Testers Wanted

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You`re not wrong. I`ve played 3 MTTs so far. In the first two, I couldn`t catch any cards. I came 4th in the third one (from 2000 players). :D
man, thats good. look out for the wild west tourney, they add a lot to the prize pool.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fun is not the word. I feel like Phil Ivey playing against kindergarten kids.
Or Michael Jackson playing against kindergarten kids. Either way, you're taking advantage of them. :eek: :D

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Guys,

First of all I would like to thank you all for your positive response, and so far I have been notified of some 14 mistakes and suggestions to update, roughly half of which I have managed to get done.

With response to the previous posts here regarding turnaround time to get the codes out to potential beta testers, unfortionately I dont have the staff of partygaming - its just me here for the time being! - so it does take me a while to get to everything.

Regarding USA Players - I regret to inform you that we cant take US customers at the moment, but I sincerely hope that this situation is reverted by the first week of November - I will keep you posted, and sorry if any US players have wasted any time trying to log in, sorry guys!

Re. whether or not this is some kind of scam (as pretty much everything else on the net is!), I can not prove in any way that it is or isnt, in truth I am just giving away 20€ vouchers to try and get people OTHER than my family and friends on the site, as they didnt pick up on any of the mistakes!

I hope that you all enjoy it, and if any other non US players would like a signup code, email me at martin@mercuryin.es (i still dont really want to post a link on the group as it would (correctly) be construed as spamming).

Thanks again,

Martin Macdonald
so far its a good site. nice graphics, lots of variety, and a sea full of fish.

M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Or Michael Jackson playing against kindergarten kids. Either way, you're taking advantage of them. :eek: :D

LOL!! Im VERY glad to read that you are all enjoying the site and competition, it is a releif to me to hear!

LO-DOG - I saw your post but I havent received your email, could you check it was sent OK? If so please re-send it and I will get back to you ASAP.

in the mean time "Shuffle up and deal" (Ive allways wanted to say that!!)

cheers,

martin.

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL!! Im VERY glad to read that you are all enjoying the site and competition, it is a releif to me to hear!

LO-DOG - I saw your post but I havent received your email, could you check it was sent OK? If so please re-send it and I will get back to you ASAP.

in the mean time "Shuffle up and deal" (Ive allways wanted to say that!!)

cheers,

martin.

Show as being sent on my side. I'll give it a bit and try to re-send later if I do not get a response. Thanks for checking.

M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right then - got the signup codes out to Gord and Lodog, thanks for the interest guys.

I am going to issue the vouchers for another few hours then stop, as Im giving away the kids uni fund here (only joking, got cats not kids for now, but whiskas is getting pricey these days!),

so anyone else interested get back to me ASAP!

thanks,

Martin.

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Martin, I got your initial email, but i have not received a sign up code or link.

M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Martin, I got your initial email, but i have not received a sign up code or link.

Hi Gord,

sent it 26 minutes ago (18.40 CET Time) - should be there! If you dont have it in the next half hour let me know.

thanks,

martin.

K

kozlo6pack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Martin
I am interested as well, I have sent you an email.
Patricia

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All signed up and got in a couple orbits of a ring game. Will play some tonight and try to look for any bugs. Might have one already but will have to play tonight to verify.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I don`t know that I`d be so happy, Martin, was I you. You`ll be a marked man in six different European countries when they realise it was you invited the sharks in. :D

There`s some tasty players on this forum. Not me, I`m afraid, I still shout SNAP when I get a pair. :D

How soon do you want feedback ? I thought I might leave it until I`ve played a few days and send one report, rather than several short emails.

M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don`t know that I`d be so happy, Martin, was I you. You`ll be a marked man in six different European countries when they realise it was you invited the sharks in. :D

There`s some tasty players on this forum. Not me, I`m afraid, I still shout SNAP when I get a pair. :D

How soon do you want feedback ? I thought I might leave it until I`ve played a few days and send one report, rather than several short emails.

Hi Egon,

would be best for me if everyone could just keep a running log of anything they notice (in word or notepad) and then email it to me when they think theyve got it pretty much sussed. Im not picky though as you guys are helping me out here.

When I get all of them Ill implement all the changes I can so that you guys can see the progress of the site (guess you lot are really our "founding members" now!), and post a message on this thread with all of the accumulated points and fixes.

I will be sending out a questionaire (ill put together a decent form on the website somewhere in a private area) in a week to ten days, but to be honest your feedback and from the other users on this forum that I have allready received is probably more valuable to me in the short to medium term than any questionaire could be, so Im quite happy with the outcome!

thanks ladies and gentlemen!

Martin.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Graphics are quite easy on the eye. I especially like this one :D at the end of a SnG :

Attachments

• result191006a.jpg
    result191006a.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 59
M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Graphics are quite easy on the eye. I especially like this one :D at the end of a SnG :

LOL - bloody funny mate! :) :) :)

I only managed to play for an hour yesterday but finished in the money in 4 out of 5 3$ STT's. I normally play ring games at 1/2 and 2/4 and these scandinavian internet players do seem "nice" competition from my BB/100 point of view!

Anyone Else got any nice screenshots???

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a more serious note, I think it`s class that the site supports a lot of the less common games, like Americana and Five-Card Draw.

Not only that, but there are Freeroll and/or Guaranteed Tournaments in some of the minority games, so that you can be certain of full tables and lots of action if you want a change from Holdem. Nice. :)

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone Else got any nice screenshots???

But be careful to exclude or block out the name of the site, guys. That might be construed as advertising.

Might cause frustration also. I gather you`re not open to the general public yet, Martin ?

M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But be careful to exclude or block out the name of the site, guys. That might be construed as advertising.

Might cause frustration also. I gather you`re not open to the general public yet, Martin ?

Yep Fair Point - (he says checking your first post!) I dont intend on going fully public until probably the first of november, allthough I would be more worried about upsetting the forum administrators than announcing the site to the world.

After all this is one of the sites that I will be targetting to market through, and I cant imagine that their current advertisers would be overly chuffed at seeing a new competitors screenshots plastered all over the thread!

I have to thank cardschat.com for allowing this thread, as other forums wouldnt have been so good. Cheers guys this is being a great help!!

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rats! I was one of the first to try to play here and one of the first that couldn't get on.:(

Martin I'm gonna take you up on your offer one of these days. Just make sure it's nice and cold.:D

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey is it November yet? I still want in on this. :D :)

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear lord, i played a few $5 heads up matches.. (I know probably shouldnt have with only $20... ) But I ran into a bunch of donks.... all in every single hand.. and ran into a few bad beats.. so I was down to $5.... now im in a $1 rebuy tourniment.... and currently i have 28k chips.. second has 7k..

I havn't rebought once... I keep getting called down with my all ins.. People going in with .. dear lord.. even bad hands by freerolls standards.. Infact the second place with 7k just put all his chips into a pot on a flush draw (On the turn.. so only one card to come) The pot size was only 1.8k.... I called and he missed the diamond taking him out of the tourniment....

Don't know where you're getting these people Martin... BUT KEEP IT UP :D :joyman::joyman::joyman:

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.. now im in a $1 rebuy tourniment.... havn't rebought once...

Respect. :)

I don`t care how weak the opposition is, I never heard of anyone winning a rebuy tourney for just the one buy-in.

Xife

Xife

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect. :)

I don`t care how weak the opposition is, I never heard of anyone winning a rebuy tourney for just the one buy-in.

Dont give respect, i came in second... And it wasnt one of those unlimited rebuy's.... And i did hit some nice cards along the way ^^

Im now in a headsup match with someone that thinks its a great idea to overbet the pot (for all your chips) as a bluff.... unfortunatly he caught his card on the river :(

Edit - and he just bluffed again with an all in (Into a 100 chip pot ? ) beat my top pair... by hitting runner runner.. :( If this wasnt my free 20 pounds i might have been upset lol... I tell you lol, these donks either drive you crazy (if you have bad luck) Or make you very happy...

Last edited:
M

martin_macd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont give respect, i came in second... And it wasnt one of those unlimited rebuy's.... And i did hit some nice cards along the way ^^

Im now in a headsup match with someone that thinks its a great idea to overbet the pot (for all your chips) as a bluff.... unfortunatly he caught his card on the river :(

Edit - and he just bluffed again with an all in (Into a 100 chip pot ? ) beat my top pair... by hitting runner runner.. :( If this wasnt my free 20 pounds i might have been upset lol... I tell you lol, these donks either drive you crazy (if you have bad luck) Or make you very happy...

Keep plugging away and Im sure youll come through mate!