Please help! Do any sites really payout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

32SpittFire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question for anyone. Do any of these sites actually pay out?

Here is the case at hand!

Started playing online about a year ago. Started with a weekly bankroll of $300.00. Would play average of 2-3 tourny's a day for 1 week. Any profits from the week were withdrawn. Following week do same thing with same $300.00 bankroll. As with any game cards seemed to change not hitting to many hands taking some bad beats, you know the story. No problem, always said, theres another day. Funny thing this untold "bad streak of luck" would run until I had to make another Deposit. Hmmm....I asked myself, can you really make money at this. Figured I needed to continue my knowledge level, read more books and dont give up. After playing 6 months on partypoker and absolutely makeing zero progress I was determined to find I different site. Landed myself on pokerstars. Again, same $300,00 bank roll. Rough few days until I found myself around the site and then off and running again. Same 2-3 tournys a day and low and behold made a little money. Made a withdrawl and have fallen all the way to the bottom again for the past 5 days consecutive. What is up? Everyone is telling me, oh ya making thousands a day! I beg to differ! Thier bankrolls must be millions. I don't know whats happening, but I will say this, my game is good, I can play with the lot of them, but I do not understand how u would ever profit from this. Love to hear anyones response.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone must not have liked my comments:icon_scra

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
party poker must be the smoothest of cash-outs ever. Every time I cash out the money shows in my account the next day. No probs with them at all.

Mind you, every man and his dog seems to dislike PP for some reason.

Dont really know why, apart from the fact their min. buy-in cash tables are $25, which means inevitably 90% of the players screw themselves over with bad Bankroll Management (ie $500 bankroll needed to play lowest table) and then blame Party Poker as a site for their downfall.

Right, case in point :-

What are you playing? Any cash tables?, what buy-in level tourneys?

with $300 you should be playing the $11 buy-ins.

How are the stats looking? Are you recording results and working out ROI for touneys/sngs? What is your party ID? (you can PM if you prefer not posting it)
How much of the bankroll did you withdrawal of stars? how much did you leave as active bankroll? What level did you play at after cashing out?

Often the problem occurs due to a 'get rich quick mentality'. It is not uncommon. With a $300 bankroll, a good, diligent, experienced player could expect to make on average maybe a $40 to $50 profit a week (based on 40 hours play, single table, $15 approx buy in. Remember this is long-term averages as you will get swings). Most people would want to make that $40 from 1 hours play rather than a week. Herein lies the problem.

To make better money requires a bigger bankroll, but you cant just deposit more cash, that is not a good idea. The best way to get there is a slow upward spiral of level increases based purely on results rather than ambition. This takes time. And as a result most new players will come, chuck around some money, redeposit, chuck around more money etc, and eventually give up.

I wish you luck, but remember there is no such thing as easy money, many of us here have been carving it out on cash tables for donkeys years.

A big MTT win is satisfying and will at the time seem like easy money also, however sustainability is important, and most will donk off that money quickly. Getting regular large field MTT wins again takes time and experience.

Once again I wish you luck.

Welly

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate partypoker. The best site for cashouts and deposits is pokerstars. Has soon as i click the deposit/cashout button the money gos from my neteller to pokerstars and vise versa.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
someone must not have liked my comments:icon_scra

didnt notice theres two different threads on this and my posts were in the other one.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The sites must be rigged if your bad streaks of cards always happen after you withdraw and change after you deposit.

Otherwise, go back and see what Welly has to say above.

32SpittFire

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all for the response.

Brutus I did see yours on the other post. Reason for 2 was I was not sure where to post.

Willy - thanks for the insite. Although I do not intend for my play on any site to be a "get rich quick" program, I do a fair amount of tracking on all my play and funny u should mention the fact "With a $300 bankroll, a good, diligent, experienced player could expect to make on average maybe a $40 to $50 profit a week (based on 40 hours play, single table, $15 approx buy in.", this is a goal I felt to be obtainable.

Please note that my original concern was how the activity of the play changed on the site only after I made a withdrawl. (by the way structured enough to set schedule once a week).

I will re-look at my game and $$ management again, but clearly after 1 year of play and 2 different sites you have to admit it is a little strange.

Again thanks to all for responding, gave me fruit for thought.

T

Threesixes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heres my story, its a little different than yours. I deposited 50 bucks on Noble poker about 1 year and 3 months ago. I turned it into a few hundred and when Cardschat switched to Titan, I transfered it all there. I just withdrew my $1271 bank roll from titan when they sent me the email banning U.S. players. In between that time I withdrew and spent $3300 (mostly on my car, lol) for a profit of $4500. Never once did I have to re-deposit on titan.

Now thats not a lot of money when you factor in the time I spent making it, but I'm not the greatest player either. But you wanted to know if people make money? Yes, they do.

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you're saying 32. I too always seem to have a streak of beginner's luck when I try a new site or a new game, then it goes to the dogs. But I think it is just luck. If the sites were somehow programmed to give better cards to new players to get them hooked, imagine what would happen when one of the programmers gets digruntled and jumps ship, then exposes the "rigging". The site would go bust - or have to hire assassins.

O

OneMoreBust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know what you're saying 32. I too always seem to have a streak of beginner's luck when I try a new site or a new game, then it goes to the dogs. But I think it is just luck. If the sites were somehow programmed to give better cards to new players to get them hooked, imagine what would happen when one of the programmers gets digruntled and jumps ship, then exposes the "rigging". The site would go bust - or have to hire assassins.

nondisclosure agreement which would make it worthwhile for said programmers to keep their mouths shut ?

edit: PS I have no conspiracy theory, just half asleep and responding to posts :)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
nondisclosure agreement which would make it worthwhile for said programmers to keep their mouths shut ?

edit: PS I have no conspiracy theory, just half asleep and responding to posts :)
lol. hmmm. Smells like there's a conspiracy theory to me.........but THE MAN has edited it out from under our noses!

D

djash1000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I read plenty in this forum but rarely post, but here i felt i could write something that will build your online bankroll, cheaply, but certainly not quickly, at first. Its a bit long but i'll try and keep it as short as poss.

Ok, this works, but only if you play sit n gos. (10 handed in my case).
And as i found out, takes great discipline.
(i play only tourns on 888 btw)

Start with $60 (or start on a higher level, dependant to your finances)
Only play games, that you can afford to play 20 games, and lose 19 and still have remaining bankroll. (this is a safety net amount of games, in reality, the longest i personally have gone without any prize money is 10)

So, to start, you play $2.50(+$0.50 fee), and your obviously looking for 1st 2nd and 3rd's (although 3rd at this level only break even)

When you reach $100 bankroll, you play $5 games, (here 3rd place doubles your money, so looking initially for 3rd is your priority, then look for winning.
You will find now, you will get to $200 fairly quickly because 1st place is $25, 2nd $15 and 3rd $10, and of course $200 means you play $10 tourns.

Prize money in $10 tourns is $50,$30 and $20. So now you will find, your bankroll increases quite quickly.

This is where the discipline comes into force, if you lose a few in a row, and your balance falls below the 20 game minimum, you move to the lower level game!

(incidently the next levels are $400-$20 tourns, $600-$30 tourns, then $1000-$50 tourns on 888.com)

With this system, it is impossible to go broke, unless you are really bad!

Also, some other bits, open a spreadsheet and record everygame.
Make notes on every single player, even its just , 'doesnt play many hands'. And mark at what level you played every player- its amazing how many players i played at the top levels, who i saw again in the cheap games, when i blew most of my bankroll when i got greedy and stupid!.

Ive made 2 deposits in 18 months of play, which is about the same time as the OP has played, and both were $50, the first time i got my bankroll to $900 and blew the lot being a tit, the second im now building again!

sorry so long, but hope it helps,

ash

EDIT:typos

Status
Not open for further replies.