Players beware of tropical poker

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well here is my story, I have been with tropical poker for a while now, I won 25 bucks in a free roll and by some amazement I was able to turn it into 200 bucks, actually 280 but gave 80 back, so I figure hey I have never cashed out, about time I actually get some money back, I put in for a with drawl last week, well after about a week later and another email later, they say they cannot process my request due to the fact that I did not make a deposit, ummm? well that sucks, now here is the kicker I read the terms and and get a load of this BS, in order to make a with drawl you must make a deposit in the same month you request a with drawl, what a load of crap. So for instance lets say you deposit on sept. 29th and have a happy streak and make 300 bucks oct. 1st, guess what you cannot cash out until you make another deposit for the month of Oct. What a messed up way to run a poker site, we will give you your money only after you give us a min. of 50 bucks, oh then the BS gets better even then you still have to wait 2 days before putting that request in. Now I have to time it right and deposit 50 bucks to get my 200 bucks back, what a load of crap. Not saying so much its a bad site to play on, just saying their rules suck as far as cashing out, wingows poker for instance lets you cash out anytime, whether you make a deposit or not, full tilt is the same way, just food for thought for you all.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost all sites have quirky rules....but, if you want your money, you'll make the deposit......remember these sites aren't out there to give you free money from freerolls they're out there to take your money. They are afterall a BUSINESS.

M

Madness_does

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
remember these sites aren't out there to give you free money from freerolls they're out there to take your money. They are afterall a BUSINESS.

Well on the flip side, only 25 bucks of it was their own money, the rest I won off other players, the least they could do is say ok fine and I will give them the darn 25 bucks back and give me my 175 that I earned. And by the way your right I am going to have to make a deposit of 50 bucks, and I'm going to wait 3 days and cash all of it out.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This really isn't that serious. Most sites require you to deposit before you can withdraw, and it's not like they're forcing you to play with the $50 that you're going to be depositing to be eligible to cash out. Have some patience, wait those 2 days, and take all the money you got for free and be happy.
That being said, I would not endorse "Tropical" poker, nor do I ever have the intention of playing on that site, since it seems as untrustworthy as any site other than PS/FT/UB/couple others. Sites that pop up randomly and offer you free money and huge freerolls usually end up being like this.

JacksRwild63

JacksRwild63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
almost every site will make you jump thru a few hoops to withdraw.

S

Seneku

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have to defend TP here a bit. Played there myself for a couple weeks. Did make a deposit of 100 after I won some freeroll money and build on that. Later that month I withdrew about 400-500. So yeah, their rules suck, but in my case, they did pay me and they paid me in time.