Petition to ban Russian players that moved out of the country

M

MWill87

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but there are things recently that deeply concern me about online poker and I wanted to voice my opinion in one of the biggest community. I play NL25 to 100 and some smaller stakes SNGs mainly on Stars, playing a few hours a week. I have my days, but you would probably call me a fish that loses by a small margin, but that doesn't bother me as it's just a long time hobby for me.

What does bother me deeply however is that I always see presumably winning Russian players that moved to new countries like Armenia recently due to the location restrictions raised by most poker rooms. I can't help but feel terrible when these guys are at my table, afraid of losing money to them, supporting their war economy by doing so. I know that 50 bucks is a very small drop in the ocean, but it is not a drop I feel comfortable contributing. I am also aware that some of these players probably don't support the war, but I still keep imagining that my hard earned money ends up on Russian bank accounts hence inadvertently supporting another life getting ruined, another child orphaned, another girl violated, another community erased, another Bucha. Seeing all this horrible suffering of the Ukrainian people, I got to a point where I just don't even sit down to play in this player environment anymore.

I would very much support if the leading poker rooms that showed at least some compassion to Ukraine, like Stars and Party acted as one and stopped supporting putin's war effort by all means, disallowing Russian nationals to participate in the games, especially the ones that were clearly playing and living in Russia before the war. I didn't include GG, because the whole network clearly has the moral compass of a drunken pirate.

I can say for myself that i will not take part in any online poker until this issue is addressed. Let's put another dent on Russia's war machine!

Best of luck to everyone!

Martin

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, lets deprive more innocent Russians of their ability to earn income. At least the army is always hiring so they will never be out of work.

The west just spent 20 years in Afghanistan before leaving the Taliban with more control over the country then they had at the start. Should they be banned to? I know full well my tax money went to bombs and bullets

B

bostontaylorx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed, yes Russian citizens didn't start the war but still we don't need them playing on our sites, they don't deserve it.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, lets deprive more innocent Russians of their ability to earn income. At least the army is always hiring so they will never be out of work.

The west just spent 20 years in Afghanistan before leaving the Taliban with more control over the country then they had at the start. Should they be banned to? I know full well my tax money went to bombs and bullets
:dito:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even though I support sanctions against Russia including in areas like sports, I feel, this might be taking it a step to far. It would create a precedence, where for instance we could also demand, that a restaurant in London or Paris need to check the passport of all their customers to ensure, they are not serving a meal to someone of russian nationality, who just happen to live there. This could even be considered racist behaviour and is not a path, we want to enter in my opinion. Private companies leaving the russian market must be enough already.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No way this has a chance ever. Those sites do no more offer in russia but if these players are moving out there is not too much they will do.

The only reason pokerstars and 888 blocked russia is because of money, they can not pay them at the moment. They are basically happy that those regs switched countrys so now they can still earn the rake of those players.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yeah , ban them all , if they win $50 , this extra money will go directly to Vladimir Putin , to Russian Army . Yeah , ban them , that way Ukraine will win . Punish them , punish the small grinders and the big fish , no discrimination when it comes to sactions for war . lol...LLLOOOOLLLL :D

I just wonder ... Lets say NATO attacks in some years a country for no reason , would PS , 888poker, anyother poker room or other financial institution or company ban all NATO countries' players or buyers/consumers ?? Will the companies leave from these countries , stop their financial activities ???

lol

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Goodness gracious! Calm down on the xenophobia man.

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would support banning russian players! But I would exempt those russian who are brave and genuinely oppose putin in public~

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but there are things recently that deeply concern me about online poker and I wanted to voice my opinion in one of the biggest community. I play NL25 to 100 and some smaller stakes SNGs mainly on Stars, playing a few hours a week. I have my days, but you would probably call me a fish that loses by a small margin, but that doesn't bother me as it's just a long time hobby for me.

What does bother me deeply however is that I always see presumably winning Russian players that moved to new countries like Armenia recently due to the location restrictions raised by most poker rooms. I can't help but feel terrible when these guys are at my table, afraid of losing money to them, supporting their war economy by doing so. I know that 50 bucks is a very small drop in the ocean, but it is not a drop I feel comfortable contributing. I am also aware that some of these players probably don't support the war, but I still keep imagining that my hard earned money ends up on Russian bank accounts hence inadvertently supporting another life getting ruined, another child orphaned, another girl violated, another community erased, another Bucha. Seeing all this horrible suffering of the Ukrainian people, I got to a point where I just don't even sit down to play in this player environment anymore.

I would very much support if the leading poker rooms that showed at least some compassion to Ukraine, like Stars and Party acted as one and stopped supporting putin's war effort by all means, disallowing Russian nationals to participate in the games, especially the ones that were clearly playing and living in Russia before the war. I didn't include GG, because the whole network clearly has the moral compass of a drunken pirate.

I can say for myself that i will not take part in any online poker until this issue is addressed. Let's put another dent on Russia's war machine!

Martin

I certainly have no objection to you boycotting online poker.
icon14.gif

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just wonder ... Lets say NATO attacks in some years a country for no reason

But we all know, this is not going to happen, because:

a) Nato is a defensive alliance, so nobody can force its members to take part in aggressive action

b) Nato members are democratic countries, and democratic countries might intervene in wars, but they dont start them

Please dont trivialise Russias invasion of Ukriane by making it sound like, this is something completely ordinary, which all countries do from time to time. Because that is simply not true.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
But we all know, this is not going to happen .... .

NATO is a defensive alliance ??
This is a joke , right ??

Democratic countries ??? You really believe this ?? Is there anywhere on the planet a real democracy ???

And yes , I might not like it , but the truth is that war happens , the powerfull ( UK before WW1 , USA after WW2 ) predecide it and the puppets execute it , puppets like artist Hitler , agent ""tough guy "" Putin , this Ukraine comedian (lol) leader , etc etc .

I know this is a harsh time for Ukrainians ,they and their relatives are dying , their properties are being destroyed , they suffer . But in some years they will have clear mind to judge who was behind this war , who lead them to this end , to death and pain , for what purpose , it is not the puppet Putin , they have to search in the America continent to find the puppet master , the orchistrator , the sadistic war machine responsible for world wars for almost 100 years ....... But most of the times they put puppets in the frontline , then they come as savors , defenders of the world order and peace , lol , rediculously fake , who really believes this sh** , underage people maybe lol

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NATO is a defensive alliance ??

Yes.

This is a joke , right ??

Absolutely not. Why would it be a joke?

Democratic countries ??? You really believe this ?? Is there anywhere on the planet a real democracy ???

Absolutely yes. There are plenty of democratic countries in the world.

And yes , I might not like it , but the truth is that war happens , the powerfull ( UK before WW1 , USA after WW2 ) predecide it and the puppets execute it , puppets like artist Hitler , agent ""tough guy "" Putin , this Ukraine comedian (lol) leader , etc etc .

I know this is a harsh time for Ukrainians ,they and their relatives are dying , their properties are being destroyed , they suffer . But in some years they will have clear mind to judge who was behind this war , who lead them to this end , to death and pain , for what purpose , it is not the puppet Putin , they have to search in the America continent to find the puppet master , the orchistrator , the sadistic war machine responsible for world wars for almost 100 years ....... But most of the times they put puppets in the frontline , then they come as savors , defenders of the world order and peace , lol , rediculously fake , who really believes this sh** , underage people maybe lol

Nobody forced Hitler to invade Poland in 1939. It was entirely his own decision, and he did it for entirely selfish reasons. And the same is true for Putins decision to invade Ukraine in 2022. Nobody else are responsible for this, and nobody else "secretly" wanted it. There is an old saying "being unable to see the forest for the trees", and it seems like, you are suffering from that phenomemon. Everything in this world is not hugely complicated. Some things are actually very simple, and they are just, what they look like.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I certainly have no objection to you boycotting online poker.
icon14.gif

He's admittedly a losing player. Can we please request that he stays?
Perhaps we could boycott his chat privileges?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hey Everyone,

Martin

'gg' Martin. See you on the tables tomorrow.

PS - How bout 'No'

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
How would such a ban even work? I mean, how do you expect sites to sort between members of Russian or other ethnicities?

What should be done with people where only one of their parents is Russian? I can see so many problems with proposing such a measure, and it certainly wouldn't lead to a more peaceful world.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nobody forced Hitler to invade Poland in 1939. It was entirely his own decision ....

His own decision ???
WoW ...
LOL

This is the US BS during the great war , about Hitler and his bad Nazi gang / organization , decades later many things were revealed about who supported them , who orchistrated the WW2 , in and out of germany , as if WW1 and the Spanish flu were not enough for the pain and suffering they caused , we also needed a WW2 ....

(History repeats itself every some decades ;) Successful war recipes demised by sadistic masterminds to their successors ...... )

there is no middle ground to agree to , black and white . Don't know if you are so naive or ..... . I don't know ......

Last edited:
milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This could even be considered racist behaviour and is not a path, we want to enter in my opinion.

You are a bit confusing real racism with this case. In this case, the persecution of Russians around the world is carried out with one goal so that they would stop supporting their president in continuing the war. Yes, there are Russians who are against the war, but 70% who are for military operations is too large a number. They have a mess in the head from Putin's propagandistic ideology. They need to understand their mistake.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If Wimbledon can ban Russian and Belarussian players, then so can poker sites. And they probably should. Everyday Russians should experience some pain from this because of the atrocities the government they support is inflicting on Ukraine.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
If Wimbledon can ban Russian and Belarussian players, then so can poker sites. And they probably should. Everyday Russians should experience some pain from this because of the atrocities the government they support is inflicting on Ukraine.

Open your eyes and see who and what atrocities are doing. Look for more sources of information and think.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why look for additional sources of information if it is enough to look at Ukrainian cities completely destroyed by Russian bombs !!!

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems like something that would be hard to enforce, as well as throwing a blanket over all those players without having any idea of their allegiances.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ban all Russian Players

I am horrified and mortified with what Russia is doing to Ukraine. I feel extremely uncomfortable when there is a player from Russia competing at the table. Is the player in a tank shooting a cannon at the same time? Or in a trench on his phone between kills? Brutal.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am horrified and mortified with what Russia is doing to Ukraine. I feel extremely uncomfortable when there is a player from Russia competing at the table. Is the player in a tank shooting a cannon at the same time? Or in a trench on his phone between kills? Brutal.

Lol brah

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Most poker sites show the location of a player not their nationality. For instance I am a danish citizen living in sweden, and when I play, other people see me as being from Sweden. So if a russian citizen has moved to for instance Moldova, other players will see them as someone from Moldova not Russia. This mean, that if you are still seeing players from Russia on the site, where you play, then the site is still operating in Russia, and you could solve your problem by playing somewhere else ;)