One Penny Buy-In, $10,000GTD @ ACR.

Y

YoloASAP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,

I don't know if you are all aware of the crashes that have been happening quite frequently at AmericasCardRoom? Well quite recently, almost 2 weeks ago now, not last weekend, but the weekend before. There were some pretty big MOSS tourneys going on and for some reason, ACR crashed hard. The CEO of ACR, Phil Nagy went LIVE on a Twitch.TV Stream when it was happening and stayed live for hours that evening. I was watching his stream, and Phil (JustSomeFish72) was going over refunds, compensation, how they were fixing the problems that were occurring at the time. Well he also decided to state how he would host numerous $10,000 tournaments for just 1 penny to buy in! He stated that he would host these for a whole week. I don't know when they were suppose to start, or if they already started hosting these, BUUTTT I noticed just a bit ago, on ACR under GTD's, there is a "Just A Penny" Announced in there. It's a $10,000 GTD Tourney, and only costs .01cent to register. It starts at 4:00PM EST. Registration starts at 1:00PM EST, capped at 8,000 entries so get in there while you can. :)

So basically I just wanted to give all my fellow CardsChat members a heads up about this awesome tournament, and there's possibly more to come. For just one penny, a chance at a $10,000 prize pool? COUNT ME IN!

Also, if any of you knew about this already, or have more info on it, I'd love to know when these started, or if he's gonna host more like it, like he promised? What are your guys' thoughts on all of this??

Good Luck On And Off The Tables,
:jd4:ason (YoloASAP90)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you hadn't started this thread , I would have , I searched if sb has a thread for it and I've just seen yours , lol :) I saw this freeroll some mins ago and thought the same , to warn CC members :) Thank you for this reminder :)

I was also playing that day a MOSS tournament when ACR crashed , I also watched Phil that night on Twitch saying that in comprehension for what just happenned , there will be this 10.000$ tournament guaranteed . Also he settled for the twitch chat a ''LAMP'' freeroll which started some mins after he announcdd it . Also there were some giveaways , I got my gift I have to say , thanks Phil :)

Some days passed , didn't see this tournament on the lobby , thought they forgot about it , but it seems I was wrong .

I don't know whether all ACR players can participate on it , or only those who played that specific day when the crash happenned . For the time being the registration is not opened . I will wait , register if possible at a blind level with 50-60 blinds , or else I will register at once if I see that many players register and there's a danger to reach the cap (if the registration is manual :)).

It's good that it's a freezout , so no add ons or rebuys for the big bankroll guys who like early shoves and loose game to build easily a stack after some attempts , that's cool :)

Good Luck all CC members who are going to play it :)

Y

YoloASAP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you hadn't started this thread , I would have , I searched if sb has a thread for it and I've just seen yours , lol :) I saw this freeroll some mins ago and thought the same , to warn CC members :) Thank you for this reminder :)

I was also playing that day a MOSS tournament when ACR crashed , I also watched Phil that night on Twitch saying that in comprehension for what just happenned , there will be this 10.000$ tournament guaranteed . Also he settled for the twitch chat a ''LAMP'' freeroll which started some mins after he announcdd it . Also there were some giveaways , I got my gift I have to say , thanks Phil :)

Some days passed , didn't see this tournament on the lobby , thought they forgot about it , but it seems I was wrong .

I don't know whether all ACR players can participate on it , or only those who played that specific day when the crash happenned . For the time being the registration is not opened . I will wait , register if possible at a blind level with 50-60 blinds , or else I will register at once if I see that many players register and there's a danger to reach the cap (if the registration is manual :)).

It's good that it's a freezout , so no add ons or rebuys for the big bankroll guys who like early shoves and loose game to build easily a stack after some attempts , that's cool :)

Good Luck all CC members who are going to play it :)

Yessir. I felt it would be nice to give the CardsChat members a heads up. I also was in the free-roll Phil did that night, "Lamps" Lol. I expected they would host these 10k Tournaments eventually, because he even told everyone watching to quote him, and clip the stream and everything. Sorry to hear you were in a Moss Tourney at the time the site crashed though. I feel bad for the guys that were like in first place, deep in the tourneys and what not... It's just kinda not really a 100% fair way to handle that I think. Because even if you're in first at the time, at a final table even, It's not possible to say you would forsure go onto win the whole thing. I think they handled the crashes accordingly. I think they need to look into the Servers, and possibly do some thorough internal fixes. Because that would just suck, Maybe buying into a tourney for $1000 USD and then the whole tournament just crashes... NOW WHAT... They gotta find some fixes.

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Canceled already. Due to "technical difficulties" . Figured it was too good to be true.

Y

YoloASAP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Canceled already. Due to "technical difficulties" . Figured it was too good to be true.

No sir? I'm currently playing in it. It was cancelled and then re-put up almost immediately.