Opening new online poker room need your input for development! FREEROLL for help!

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No rabbit hunting (maybe in heads up). The hands take long enough with people wasting time making decisions. If you do allow rabbit hunting maybe let each person get 1 an hour or something stupid like that

Easy enough fix, put it in the HH. If you want to see, look at your HH after the hand is over.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please make sure that if you have checked auto muck hands (or better still, set it in preferences) and the tournament moves you from one table to another, that you are still on auto muck. Also if you set yourself as sitting out, and you are moved to another table in a tournament, that table should also automatically put you as sitting out

This may sound fairly obvious, but it doesn't happen at some sites

C

Connon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in the middle of a hand and get disconnected keep you in the hand so you are able to win what you put in up to that point; don't give the person an extra 2 minutes (or whatever it is) to come back like Full Tilt..it's annoying waiting for people every 5 minutes!

argh no! this is the biggest problem i have playing poker, a couple of times I have been in the middle of a bluff just to have the person going offline or whatever and bam, they win all the money and everyone gets to see I was holding some sort of crap.

This is a big problem though, but it should favour the people who don't disconnect, its not the persons fault that is sitting there trying to play (and I know it might not be the disconnecters problem) and it just gives the person who disconnects a chance to win even if they were donking along with bottom pair.

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
argh no! this is the biggest problem i have playing poker, a couple of times I have been in the middle of a bluff just to have the person going offline or whatever and bam, they win all the money and everyone gets to see I was holding some sort of crap.

This is a big problem though, but it should favour the people who don't disconnect, its not the persons fault that is sitting there trying to play (and I know it might not be the disconnecters problem) and it just gives the person who disconnects a chance to win even if they were donking along with bottom pair.

I guess it depends on the stakes, but I would have to agree. I have seen people talk about how, "if you want to see, but not pay, disconnect your interenet and use the all-in protection." But that's not poker. If you want to see... you HAVE TO PAY! However, I have also been in a hand (low stakes) and actually had my computer freeze up and came back without AI protection and lost a winning hand because it was auto-folded. I guess it's a hard call as to which way is better. Maybe if (on any site) each player is allowed X AI protections per (week/month) and once you used your X AI protects, you are then auto folded(?). I've seen X amounts per tournie or what not, but if someone has a POS computer that crashes more than 4/5 times a week... they probably deserve to be auto-folded until they get a new PC/Mac. And if they're disconnecting on purpose more than 4-5 times a weeks, they DEFINITELY deserve to be auto-folded.

Dewmz

Dewmz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always wanted the option to straddle online..maybe it's just me (didn't read all suggestions)

P

pok morse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how about a poker room where,there are seapate lobbies for different games so goofballs like me dont sign up for an omahah/l tourney when we dont play that game regularly. And maybey a room just for chatto keep some of thte beggars away from the tables
i could go on for hours with suggestions but i got to think a little bit more...i will deffinately post here again

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i could go on for hours with suggestions but i got to think a little bit more...i will deffinately post here again
Yes, I think we'd prefer it if you do it one bit at a time, too ;)

A

actionjmac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of all I play on both fulltilt and pokerstars. There are positives and negatives to both. Negatives for FTP are that if you want to deposit cash you have to deposit a minimum of 250 bucks. Not a very good thing for lower limts player. Lower fees to deposit. The people re-depositing or probably losing players, you don't want to suck up their money in fees. Avitars, can take them or leave them. I would love a rabbit hunt but I don't know if this would slow up the game. IMHO

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For all the FRW's out there (maybe me included) kick out any sitting out people after the first set of blinds in tournaments. Obviously if it's an entry fee tournament they get to stay but if there's no fee involved, kick them out after first set of blinds.

UB used to do that, I don't know if they still do. Haven't played a freeroll there in a few months, except the CC ones of course.

P

pok morse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow the idea about kickin out the sit outs is awesome!!one problem though,maybey the have bad connection or are busy for a few minutes . so give enm like 2 sets of blinds before gettin booted

low deposit options is another great idea!chances are if you got people depositing at low ammounts they are going to deposit VERY often(more money in the site)also it will get you alot of players who want to play but cant afford to do a $50 deposit on most of the other sites

one idea i saw on poker time poker,,they have freerolls that cost playerpoints ,but you win like $3 plus you get the player points its only for sng's but i think it would be very interestin in a multi-table game also.
something like 10 playerpointsentryand pay out a$25 prize pool with the final table dividing up the player points

Last edited by a moderator:
jaketrevvor

jaketrevvor

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's good idea - an autoseat function somewhat like bodog's but better where you can choose what stakes, how many tables, how many players per table etc. and you get automatically seated at however many tables with a custom layout so you can see and play them all with ease.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OP hasn't been back since 1/23 - might not hear from him again.

M

MSUDuster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hope yall realize rob has hit the nail right on the head, i think
he gave us less than the beer minimum of info and is trying to suck us in by saying that if we help and he gets our mailing adresses and emails we get entry into a big tourny, just dont seem legit IMO

I've sent in my SSN# and a CC# too :eek:

K_Kahne_Fan

K_Kahne_Fan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've sent in my SSN# and a CC# too :eek:

Little light on info here. You forgot your Bank account and routing #'s, plus physical address, telephone #, work address and telephone #.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest problem for a new site is not the features of the software. You can have just basic features to start with.

The biggest hurdle is to attract players and convince them to stay. I am very suspicious of new sites because I have lost winnings at quite a few. At least they were all freeroll winnings.

But if I decide to continue playing at a site, I will now always try to withdraw first. If I encounter any resistance or am unable to withdraw, I never play at that site again and I share my experience at forums.

I would say, concentrate on the marketing aspects more than the individual features of the software.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP hasn't been back since 1/23 - might not hear from him again.

lol, I guess they are busy implementing all the features mentioned in this thread.

Let me add one more: How about removing the bet button from pre-flop maniacs? If they go all-in (or overbet) more than certain number of times per 10 minutes, their betting privilege is suspended for 1 hour.:D

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
lol, I guess they are busy implementing all the features mentioned in this thread.

Let me add one more: How about removing the bet button from pre-flop maniacs? If they go all-in (or overbet) more than certain number of times per 10 minutes, their betting privilege is suspended for 1 hour.:D

Then what would us FRW's get to do with the rest of our time. :D

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I am more inclined to think that he found out that he couldn't do this after all because he had not thought through the financial aspect properly. It would take a millionaire to pull this off and even then he had better be willing to risk it all for a potential loss.

I had a good friend attempt this a few years ago before all the troubles ever started. It didn't take him long at all to figure out that it was impossible to do without a bucket full of money.

I probably wouldn't waste any time offering him new ideas until he returns - if he ever does.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably wouldn't waste any time offering him new ideas until he returns - if he ever does.
I found this a really interesting thread initially, but inevitably as a thread grows longer people just step in and post things that have already been said various times before...

M

maxima191

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AbsolutePoker has bought Vegaspoker247 so Accounts will be transferred to AbsolutePoker.:rolleyes:

M

MAX101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me just two things One remove the sit outs after the first blind raise Two I like it if the site leaves the cards up so you can still see what you folded so you can scream at yourself when you hit the full house!!:eek:

gamblorised

gamblorised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Resizable Screens

View folded cards option

View loyalty points as they are accumulating for each table opened

All depositing methods you accept must also be available for withdrawing funds

All withdrawals to credit cards or electronic bank transfers must be instant. The only delay coming from my bank being slow to credit my account. Any story from a poker site saying they need time to verify withdrawals for security reasons when the money is actually going back to the same credit card used to deposit funds originally, is bullshit!

party poker style Shootout tourneys

Chat font resizeable

Fast, Smooth software (the opposite of Party Poker)

Audible Dealer/Player voices

flint

flint

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the one thing that I have not seen in any software is the ability to play back hands (I would like to do this in real-time meaning that I could see the time that my opponents and I used in the hands).

Also I think stats tracking would be good too, but you wouldn't want to tell the beginners how much they've lost, now would you?

I think you have to get the basics down first and then start working on fancier things. Good luck.