dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
pokerstars became my 2nd room. And from the very first day on nl5 I got 17 bucks in a couple of sessions. On the second day, everything went the same way, for 2 sessions + 12 bucks. And then the trash started. At first, I witnessed many times how a fish sat down at the table with 40-50bb. .All pushes won without a chance, they always hit on the river. At first I did not pay attention to it, I thought it was funny. Since I myself did not believe that pokerstars was a scam. As soon as I won the money, I got hooked on such a fish. In 15 minutes, I lost 3 shoves with the nut straights from the flop, and a set of aces from the flop. river (when I have the nuts straight from the flop). And when I caught a full house from the flop, what do you think the bot had in a 3-bet pot? Four of a kind 6-ok of course)) And all this in ONE day! !Pros Big online - but it's slipping. Weak Field - Lots of weak players until at least NL25. The normal design of the room is not a fountain, and not bad either. Third party software - works well. Cons Rakeback - sharpened to the level of the game, the more skillful you are, the less it is. As a result, when comparing the reg and the fish, the reg pays the rake because he will withdraw from the opponent more often and more than the fish, and the rakeback gets the fish because the fish needs to score fewer points to get it. Thus, the stars quite successfully and effectively hold the weak field.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars needs to get with the program and give better rake back and reduce the amount of silly promotions it does.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Neither is the weather or news media or many other things in life ;)

Have you tried other sites recently and did these have more or less software issues? I have played on PokerStars, 888 Poker and , and of those 3 PokerStars clearly have the least software issues.

If you cant play on PokerStars, then how do you know about their software issues?:cool:
If you cant play on PokerStars, then how do you know about their software issues?........... now there's a mystery:cool:

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
id like to play on 'Stars even if the code is poor . in USA the best most of us can hope for is the US + Friends Home Game Club

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only reason why GG has such HUGE numbers is that they still allow Russians to play.
If Russia wouldn't be banned there would be way more users online and would surpass the usercount from GG.
That's not the only reason.

Asian players tend to prefer GGpoker over Pokerstars.

I don't recall the last time I saw a chinese player on PS.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's not the only reason.

Asian players tend to prefer GGpoker over Pokerstars.

I don't recall the last time I saw a chinese player on PS.
Exactly. I dont think, PokerStars even allow people residing in China to play. Otherwise I am sure, we would see at least some ;)

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Please don’t talk bad about PokerStars. Because they have set the standards for a good poker App/site now everyone and there mother has a poker site /app it’s about time. I find when Companies have Competition the Consumer wins that’s life. GGPoker is the best for now.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
PokerStars is still one of the best . I have my complaints to make , but they pay withdrawals and they have good games . What are the alternatives ? The smaller poker rooms like partypoker and 887poker !? Good but not as good as PokerStars.

GG poker is not accessible to the Greeks , so I have no opinion for them . I wonder what games they have , especially the guy one . Do they have tourneys or sngs with less than a dollar ?? The prizepools if their tourneys are what ?? I wish I could see their lobby lol

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What equipment do you use? I have no problem playing up to 6 tables on a old and relatively inexpensive laptop.
My laptop is fairly new. I have now switched off all these wicked animations. Runs a little bit smoother. But 888 poker ist still better.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, the only good thing in pokerstars is CC freerolls. i missed old times with legacy interface when pokerstars was better than other rooms in almost all ways.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played on GG few MTTs, didn't like some things, and I had deposit problems as well. Nowdays with newer updates it just not run on my laptop. So guess that's enough reason not to push myself into that poker site in the future.

Being an MTT player on PS, I always find tournaments which fits me almost 0-24h, they have reward programs, satties, mixed games, deposit-withdraw so easy, I get my money the next second when I'm asking for it, notes and replayer so smooth, bet-sizer is ok too, the throwables are funny, chat is ok, we can make deal on FT-s etc. People experience 'mad variance', so as me in a way, but you have the chance game after game to overcome them. The circumstances just really: fine! :)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
my hardware is not the issue, for having download problems, maybe the fact I disable so much of their crap in settings...when I play, I prefer not to be distracted by animations and snowballs...
I have never once needed to un-install/re-install Pokerstars.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It becomes worse and worse. I cannot play more than 2 tables or else it freezes :(

I can 6-table the ZOOM tables on an older computer (9 years old with an Intel i5-4th gen. processor), NEVER freezes on me.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can 6-table the ZOOM tables on an older computer (9 years old with an Intel i5-4th gen. processor), NEVER freezes on me.
I think, people with these issues should try to contact PS support and get some help in solving them.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never had to uninstall reinstall Pokerstars. The software works perfectly. I don't like GG interface so I don't play there.

P

PokerMaria

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
PokerStars has gone dramatically downhill, they boast they are the worlds number one poker room, hahahaha, give me a break and I do not mean a KitKat bar, they barely have 20000 players on a Sunday, guess how many GG has...150000, that is your first clue,,,I have had to uninstall PS 10 times this year and reinstall 10 times, or last year, heh, seriously? That is ridiculous...anyone else having thoughts about PS?
Pretty much agree. PS was the no1 site for long years, but they did not do anything for customers (max rob them, and let them rob), nor keeping them or find new ones. I was laughing a lot when they "employed" neymar, one of the most dividing football player, anyway it is a perfect match to PS. Overselling the real value.

dont play there at all since years. prefer GG from the 2 big ones.

my personal opinion: PS'll disappear within 5-10 years and i can't say, it wont be well deserved.