emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
pokerstars has gone dramatically downhill, they boast they are the worlds number one poker room, hahahaha, give me a break and I do not mean a KitKat bar, they barely have 20000 players on a Sunday, guess how many GG has...150000, that is your first clue,,,I have had to uninstall PS 10 times this year and reinstall 10 times, or last year, heh, seriously? That is ridiculous...anyone else having thoughts about PS?

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that after the departure of the 0.01 and 0.10 sit Go games the number of players dropped. But they know the cost they had to maintain a grid with tournaments with such low buy ins. I think they are preparing big surprises, I still think that even with less players it is the site with the best look and feel.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
PokerStars has gone dramatically downhill, they boast they are the worlds number one poker room, hahahaha, give me a break and I do not mean a KitKat bar, they barely have 20000 players on a Sunday, guess how many GG has...150000, that is your first clue,,,I have had to uninstall PS 10 times this year and reinstall 10 times, or last year, heh, seriously? That is ridiculous...anyone else having thoughts about PS?
The only reason why GG has such HUGE numbers is that they still allow Russians to play.
If Russia wouldn't be banned there would be way more users online and would surpass the usercount from GG.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I agree this is due to the fact that Russians do not play at pokerstars and that's why there are fewer people PokerStars is better in design than other sites

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
PokerStars has gone dramatically downhill, they boast they are the worlds number one poker room, hahahaha, give me a break and I do not mean a KitKat bar, they barely have 20000 players on a Sunday, guess how many GG has...150000, that is your first clue,,,I have had to uninstall PS 10 times this year and reinstall 10 times, or last year, heh, seriously? That is ridiculous...anyone else having thoughts about PS?

Dude...when you pay $1 to enter a tourney with a prize fund of $1000, you'd prefer it if they only had 100 registrations

It's not in yours or anyone else's interests to be fighting 150k players. As long as the guaranteed prize money was available I'd happily play on a site with only 3 clients

ArmiSoo7

ArmiSoo7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Pokerstars is the best site for me. I love all these chest suprises , all these challenges and low buyin tournaments. I GG poker room is so anoying animations! I just deleted it after first tournament!

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Pokerstars is the best site for me. I love all these chest suprises , all these challenges and low buyin tournaments. I GG poker room is so anoying animations! I just deleted it after first tournament!
I aggree the interface is not my cup of tea also. But I kept it for the daily freebies and CC freerolls😁

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they barely have 20000 players on a Sunday, guess how many GG has...150000, that is your first clue,,,
Your numbers are off, but its old news, that the largest online poker site is now GG Poker. Why people should really care about this, I dont know though. If you find the games, you are looking for, on a certain site, then the size of the total player pool should not matter. When PokerStars was the largest site, lots of people played on and recommended other sites.
I have had to uninstall PS 10 times this year and reinstall 10 times, or last year, heh, seriously?
I have no such problems whatsoever. Sounds like a problem with your hardware rather than the PokerStars software?
That is ridiculous...anyone else having thoughts about PS?
I think, its still a very good site, and I play there most of the time. I am not allowed to play on GG Poker, so I cant directly compare the two.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Hopefully Stars representatives dont see your message and therefore decide to literally go deeper in shit (or in this case downhill) by getting rid of cardchat games altogether ...

S

Surveyor

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Yes, poker stars is not a very convenient platform for me, it attracts only a few normal tournaments. Their Aurora engine, because of which you constantly have to restart the PS, forcibly knocking out the program, is not very visible to them and they need to fix problems, GG is still sitting in the heart

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
it is not about preference, I have been on PS since it began, they have gone downhill trust me, but I am not a fan of GG, they are obnoxious...the reality is GG offers more incentive and PS has not done anything but get worse.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
the difference in how many players is not exaggerated, for several months now, GG is 3 to 1, I just thought PS would have done more than just freeroll us to death with silly games.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i did not consider the russian issue because it has not changed the format and process on PS, which I think matters more than you think.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
my hardware is not the issue, for having download problems, maybe the fact I disable so much of their crap in settings...when I play, I prefer not to be distracted by animations and snowballs...

RoviP

RoviP

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my hardware is not the issue, for having download problems, maybe the fact I disable so much of their crap in settings...when I play, I prefer not to be distracted by animations and snowballs...
All disabled in my game too, I don't even have the possibility of chat. I've done better on PokerStars I still think it's the best to play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not about preference, I have been on PS since it began, they have gone downhill trust me, but I am not a fan of GG, they are obnoxious...the reality is GG offers more incentive and PS has not done anything but get worse.
Maybe its more a case of online poker having gone downhill for the last 15 years or more. There is no question, that games were way softer back then, and there was more activity, and combined this made it much easier to make money. But this is not specific to PokerStars. According to PokerScout these are the 10 sites with the highest 7 day average number of cash players. PokerStars is at least still hanging in there, while it looks much more bleak for other old time favourites like partypoker or 888 Poker. Not to mention a site like ACR, which does not even make it unto this top 10, despite being one of the few options available for american players.

GG Poker - 6.600
PokerStars - 4.400
IDN Poker - 2.500
iPoker - 1.600
PokerStars Europe - 1.300
bodog - 1.100
ipoker.it - 750
PartyPoker - 650
PokerStars.it 650
888 Poker - 650

I have no technical issues with the PS software whatsoever, so whatever your issue is, its specific to you rather than general.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So a respected card room, with fast payouts and plenty of game available 24/7 is a bad poker room? What I would give to play at that horrible room you call Poker stars. So what if there not number 1. I only can wish for the day I can play on there site again but probably never will be given that option.

Maybe you should try out the options we have here?

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It becomes worse and worse. I cannot play more than 2 tables or else it freezes :(

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, PokerStars went down a long time ago. For at least the last 3-4 years, he has only been losing his leadership. In my opinion, the best site to date is 888.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It becomes worse and worse. I cannot play more than 2 tables or else it freezes :(
What equipment do you use? I have no problem playing up to 6 tables on a old and relatively inexpensive laptop.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it doesn't matter who is first, second or third. The main thing is that the site is reliable and safe. I believe that PokerStars is reliable and safe, and this is enough for me to play on it.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Well yes Pokerstars is def not what it once was...
the constant updating and freezing and issues with every single thing is utterly lame,
I have to struggle to even log in since it doesn't open half the time, the constant software issues are frustrating,
ever since the new owners it has gone steadily downhill,.... would I still play there if they let me? YEP!

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you decide to play with a thimbler, then it should not matter to you what color his jacket is.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, emk211! With New Year! I haven't any thoughts about PokerStars now... Because at the present time I don't play
on this Poker site. And, main, I don't know exactly, when I will to play on him in future yet?!. That's it! And Good Luck in New Year!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well yes Pokerstars is def not what it once was...
Neither is the weather or news media or many other things in life ;)
the constant updating and freezing and issues with every single thing is utterly lame,
I have to struggle to even log in since it doesn't open half the time, the constant software issues are frustrating,
ever since the new owners it has gone steadily downhill,....
Have you tried other sites recently and did these have more or less software issues? I have played on PokerStars, 888 Poker and ACR, and of those 3 PokerStars clearly have the least software issues.
would I still play there if they let me? YEP!
If you cant play on PokerStars, then how do you know about their software issues? :rolleyes: