Official Replay Poker Support Thread

R

ReplayPoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

We're excited to launch this new support thread for all things Replay Poker.

Replay is the home of free, recreational poker for serious poker players. If you haven't signed up with us yet, learn a bit about what makes us different from other social poker sites.

Please use this thread to ask us any support-related issues, such as technical help, feedback on our features, or questions about our poker room or promotions. Including your Replay username will allow us to assist you more quickly.

We look forward to assisting you here on the CardsChat forum!

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Issues when playing on Replay Poker

OK, so lets get this thread rolling with a few issues I'd like to raise and get feedback on:

1. When antes start, the amount shown to be in the Pot on the table is incorrect as it doesn't include the ante preflop. This is simple math - please fix.

2. Your hand replayer is abysmal. It should start out showing the end of the hand and not play back in real time. Player should be able to click forward through the action on each player quickly. PLEASE fix this. It is so bad I just don't use it while playing in a game because it just takes wayyyyy too long to review a hand.

3. You can enter chat when someone is All-in - there is absolutely no way you should be allowed to do that.

4. Table does not open when the tournament starts...ridiculous. This needs fixing as well.

5. Break times are not the same for all players...not everyone gets a full 5 minutes...only the first table done the last hand of the level before the break gets the full 5 minutes. Everyone should get a minimum 5 minute break. Please fix as there have been times when I only get like 3 minutes of break time.

6. When you are 1 player before the final table and then someone goes out, sometimes you will play another hand even though there are only 9 players left and even worse, the other table will start another hand as well...ridiculous. Play should be hand-for-hand when 10 handed to ensure that no new hands start when there is a knockout and 9 or less players are left.

Thanks
Doug
Fivefor on Replay Poker

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all!

We're excited to launch this new support thread for all things Replay Poker.

Replay is the home of free, recreational poker for serious poker players. If you haven't signed up with us yet, learn a bit about what makes us different from other social poker sites.

Please use this thread to ask us any support-related issues, such as technical help, feedback on our features, or questions about our poker room or promotions. Including your Replay username will allow us to assist you more quickly.

We look forward to assisting you here on the CardsChat forum!

Is there a way in settings so that the game comes to the front when it is your turn?

I time out too often.

Thanks.

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, so lets get this thread rolling with a few issues I'd like to raise and get feedback on:

1. When antes start, the amount shown to be in the Pot on the table is incorrect as it doesn't include the ante preflop. This is simple math - please fix.

2. Your hand replayer is abysmal. It should start out showing the end of the hand and not play back in real time. Player should be able to click forward through the action on each player quickly. PLEASE fix this. It is so bad I just don't use it while playing in a game because it just takes wayyyyy too long to review a hand.

3. You can enter chat when someone is All-in - there is absolutely no way you should be allowed to do that.

4. Table does not open when the tournament starts...ridiculous. This needs fixing as well.

5. Break times are not the same for all players...not everyone gets a full 5 minutes...only the first table done the last hand of the level before the break gets the full 5 minutes. Everyone should get a minimum 5 minute break. Please fix as there have been times when I only get like 3 minutes of break time.

6. When you are 1 player before the final table and then someone goes out, sometimes you will play another hand even though there are only 9 players left and even worse, the other table will start another hand as well...ridiculous. Play should be hand-for-hand when 10 handed to ensure that no new hands start when there is a knockout and 9 or less players are left.

Thanks
Doug
Fivefor on Replay Poker

Hi Doug!

Thank you for your questions.

1. Antes are not part of the pot before the flop, so we don't add them to the pot size.

2. The hand replays have a known failing and we are designing a much better interface.

3. Chat is intended to be like that. Replay has a strong sense of community and a clear chat moderation system. We take the view, and we will warn and moderate offenders if it happens frequently and give our sensible players a chance to chat when they want.

4. When your seat is ready, you will receive a pop-up in the top-right corner of the site letting you know that the game is starting. You can click from there to open your table and start playing. We cannot force an automatic pop-up of the table, because of browser restrictions. Please be sure that your volume is up and that the box is not checked next to the option "disable sounds" here: https://www.replaypoker.com/settings

5. Synchronized breaks and regular breaks at 5 minutes to every hour are in the pipeline.

6. We merge tables as soon as a hand on the table to be removed ends. The other table (the eventual Final Table) could play multiple hands.

I hope the responses above help, but please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi Doug!

Thank you for your questions.

1. Antes are not part of the pot before the flop, so we don't add them to the pot size.

2. The hand replays have a known failing and we are designing a much better interface.

3. Chat is intended to be like that. Replay has a strong sense of community and a clear chat moderation system. We take the view, and we will warn and moderate offenders if it happens frequently and give our sensible players a chance to chat when they want.

4. When your seat is ready, you will receive a pop-up in the top-right corner of the site letting you know that the game is starting. You can click from there to open your table and start playing. We cannot force an automatic pop-up of the table, because of browser restrictions. Please be sure that your volume is up and that the box is not checked next to the option "disable sounds" here: https://www.replaypoker.com/settings

5. Synchronized breaks and regular breaks at 5 minutes to every hour are in the pipeline.

6. We merge tables as soon as a hand on the table to be removed ends. The other table (the eventual Final Table) could play multiple hands.

I hope the responses above help, but please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Hi Kristine

Thanks for your reply to my questions. Some are helpful and some not so much. My feedback to your responses is below:

1. This is ridiculous. Of course antes are part of the pot pre-flop - the chips are sitting in the middle of the table where the pot is located and ante chips are awarded to the player who wins the pot whether the hand goes to a flop or not. I mean really, your response here is just silly and you clearly don't play poker.

2. Glad to hear a fix is in the works.

3. OK, but just so you know, no other serious poker site allows chat when a player is all-in.

4. OK, so this will never be fixed unless you move away from a browser based application...got it.

5. Glad to hear this is being addressed as well.

6. No, this is flat out incorrect. I was watching the final 2 tables of one of our league games this week when play was 10 handed and 5 players on both tables. The table that ended up being removed played another hand after one of the players on it was eliminated. The other table also played another hand before the players from the table being removed joined them. Neither table should have played another hand once the 10th placed player was eliminated from the tournament.

Thanks
Doug
Fivefor on Replay

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had an instance during a CC League game at Replay where I was all in and at risk versus one opponent.

On the turn and going to the river they had a set and I was dead to the gutshot straight draw.

The river was not dealt (at least it was not visible to myself or opponent) and the pot was shipped over to me.

Whatever the cause of this, obviously it was in my favour but if I was in the opponent's position it would be rather unsatisfactory.

Is this something that has been reported or observed by others? What caused this please? Is it just a display glitch and a river was dealt but not visible?

Most importantly has it been fixed?

I'm sure you will get a reasonable amount of rather frank feedback (perhaps even bordering on curt at times) from areas of our community but hopefully you will perceive the inherent value in such feedback and let any less than harmonious tones drift off happily into the ether of the cosmos after having extracted the precious contents.

Thank you for hosting our leagues, events and providing people with more places to play our beloved game!

Kind Regards,

Hi Tracid,

It appears to be a visual glitch, so sorry about that. If this happens again, please notate the Hand ID number and send it to us so we can review it. We have an issue where a player is moved before the end of the hand which we are trying to fix, but what you experienced appears to be different.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a way in settings so that the game comes to the front when it is your turn?

I time out too often.

Thanks.

Hi Poker_Mike,

When you're playing at a table, there should be a small "ding" to notify you that it's your turn. Please be sure your volume is up and that the box is not checked next to the option "disable sounds" here: https://www.replaypoker.com/settings

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Last edited:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Kristine

Thanks for your reply to my questions. Some are helpful and some not so much. My feedback to your responses is below:

1. This is ridiculous. Of course antes are part of the pot pre-flop - the chips are sitting in the middle of the table where the pot is located and ante chips are awarded to the player who wins the pot whether the hand goes to a flop or not. I mean really, your response here is just silly and you clearly don't play poker.

2. Glad to hear a fix is in the works.

3. OK, but just so you know, no other serious poker site allows chat when a player is all-in.

4. OK, so this will never be fixed unless you move away from a browser based application...got it.

5. Glad to hear this is being addressed as well.

6. No, this is flat out incorrect. I was watching the final 2 tables of one of our league games this week when play was 10 handed and 5 players on both tables. The table that ended up being removed played another hand after one of the players on it was eliminated. The other table also played another hand before the players from the table being removed joined them. Neither table should have played another hand once the 10th placed player was eliminated from the tournament.

Thanks
Doug
Fivefor on Replay
Hi Doug. You have had some good questions here, and I personally know that Replay folks are happy to get yours and other members' feedback and questions, but your tone here leaves a lot to be desired. Replay folks are here to help us, answer questions, and take our feedback back to their site to improve the Replay experience when and where they can. You can give constructive feedback and criticism without resorting to belittling people who are our invited guests here.

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I registered
but i don't understand, is this a play money game? Or can you make real money?

Hi Maxmustdie,

Replay Poker is strictly a play-money poker site, so we don't offer any cash games or real money poker.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Had an instance during a CC League game at Replay where I was all in and at risk versus one opponent.

On the turn and going to the river they had a set and I was dead to the gutshot straight draw.

The river was not dealt (at least it was not visible to myself or opponent) and the pot was shipped over to me.

Whatever the cause of this, obviously it was in my favour but if I was in the opponent's position it would be rather unsatisfactory.

Is this something that has been reported or observed by others? What caused this please? Is it just a display glitch and a river was dealt but not visible?

Most importantly has it been fixed?

I'm sure you will get a reasonable amount of rather frank feedback (perhaps even bordering on curt at times) from areas of our community but hopefully you will perceive the inherent value in such feedback and let any less than harmonious tones drift off happily into the ether of the cosmos after having extracted the precious contents.

Thank you for hosting our leagues, events and providing people with more places to play our beloved game!

Kind Regards,

Yep, the hand disappearing before being played out is probably my most frustrating thing about Replay too.
Because this is a play money site I'm not too expectant of the the standards involved. However I was quite frustrated at times but now understand what to expect.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Apologies to ReplayKristine

Hi Doug. You have had some good questions here, and I personally know that Replay folks are happy to get yours and other members' feedback and questions, but your tone here leaves a lot to be desired. Replay folks are here to help us, answer questions, and take our feedback back to their site to improve the Replay experience when and where they can. You can give constructive feedback and criticism without resorting to belittling people who are our invited guests here.

Tammy

OK, I can be big enough to admit that my response post had a bit more of all that you've described here than it probably should have. So, with that said, my apologies to ReplayKristine for responding to her feedback with a tone that can surely come across as somewhat condescending or belittling to her. I will do my best to provide future feedback and constructive criticisms here in this thread with much improved civility.

Regards
Doug/Fivefor on Replay.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
The chat has been closed for 2 days during the Cardschat Team League games (Thursday and Friday).
Watching the chat during the game, I noticed that the players were texting. But viewers cannot write - their messages are not published. Check if something has happened in the settings and it is the audience chat that is disabled? Please fix it.
Thank you in advance.:)

J

Jamminmorris

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Morris

An app would probably be a lot more user friendly and then inside the app u could have a practise lobby with free chat inside the lobby so players of all levels are able to chat. It could then be used for tutoring between members and general practise, maybe more so for newer players with smaller bank rolls. If it's not for real money I don't believe a gambling licence is needed and people should be polite to one another reducing the need for a moderator. :D

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Tammy

OK, I can be big enough to admit that my response post had a bit more of all that you've described here than it probably should have. So, with that said, my apologies to ReplayKristine for responding to her feedback with a tone that can surely come across as somewhat condescending or belittling to her. I will do my best to provide future feedback and constructive criticisms here in this thread with much improved civility.

Regards
Doug/Fivefor on Replay.

Thank you, Doug for your message. To address your outstanding questions, our Poker Room Manager just confirmed that antes are not part of the pot before the flop.

He also confirmed regarding your question #6 that this has been investigated before and final table/s should be working as intended. In the scenario you described, it looks like the system decided to break the table you were on, so the other table continued playing because they are the intended Final table - the tables should be merged eventually to have that one Final table.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
The chat has been closed for 2 days during the Cardschat Team League games (Thursday and Friday).
Watching the chat during the game, I noticed that the players were texting. But viewers cannot write - their messages are not published. Check if something has happened in the settings and it is the audience chat that is disabled? Please fix it.
Thank you in advance.:)

Hi Chica_bonita,

We disabled chat for spectators in tournaments as a temporary measure taken to help curtail a persistent troll in the chats. We plan to remove this measure and allow chat again from spectators sometime next week, hopefully.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hi Chica_bonita,

We disabled chat for spectators in tournaments as a temporary measure taken to help curtail a persistent troll in the chats. We plan to remove this measure and allow chat again from spectators sometime next week, hopefully.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine
Thanks for the clarification! At least now we understand what's going on. It will happen very soon.
Just a question: wouldn't it be easier to block the chat to this person? Why should everyone be inconvenienced because of one person?

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the clarification! At least now we understand what's going on. It will happen very soon.
Just a question: wouldn't it be easier to block the chat to this person? Why should everyone be inconvenienced because of one person?

Hi Chica_bonita,

That's what our team has been doing. We have been banning their accounts and several IP addresses for about a week now, but some people have more time in their hands as they're able to create accounts within minutes of being banned, and our players have been affected by this. This particular troll is savvier than most, and just to prevent unnecessary manpower in monitoring the troll, our Team decided to temporarily suspend chat for spectators.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hi Chica_bonita,

That's what our team has been doing. We have been banning their accounts and several IP addresses for about a week now, but some people have more time in their hands as they're able to create accounts within minutes of being banned, and our players have been affected by this. This particular troll is savvier than most, and just to prevent unnecessary manpower in monitoring the troll, our Team decided to temporarily suspend chat for spectators.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine
I understand your problem. But why not put a limit - 1 player 1 account. Ban for re-registration?

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I haven't spent enough time on Replay to have any problems, but it is nice to know there is a support thread here. :)

R

ReplayKristine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand your problem. But why not put a limit - 1 player 1 account. Ban for re-registration?

Hi Chica-bonita,

We have that in place. For the usual player, they're unable to register another account, once they're banned, but this player is very savvy. They have access to multiple VPNs allowing them to appear to be residing in different countries across the globe so they're being undetected. We have to put a temporary measure while our Team works on a more permanent one.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hi Chica-bonita,
We have that in place. For the usual player, they're unable to register another account, once they're banned, but this player is very savvy. They have access to multiple VPNs allowing them to appear to be residing in different countries across the globe so they're being undetected. We have to put a temporary measure while our Team works on a more permanent one.
Cheers,
ReplayKristine
As far as I know, vpn changes IP, but you can see that the device from which a person logs in is the same?
Well, I guess I'm just digging. I am glad that this problem is in plain sight and I hope that soon we will be able to cheer our players again during the game!
Thanks.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thank you, Doug for your message. To address your outstanding questions, our Poker Room Manager just confirmed that antes are not part of the pot before the flop.

He also confirmed regarding your question #6 that this has been investigated before and final table/s should be working as intended. In the scenario you described, it looks like the system decided to break the table you were on, so the other table continued playing because they are the intended Final table - the tables should be merged eventually to have that one Final table.

Cheers,
ReplayKristine

Hi Kristine

You are welcome. And thanks for your update.

Regarding antes not being part of the pot total calculation I guess I'm just lost as to why the decision was made not to include antes as part of that total being displayed on the table. I just can't think of a possible reason or the logic behind this decision. The problem is that by not including it in the pot total being displayed on the table, it makes bet sizing more difficult because the player now has to manually calculate the total first before deciding how much, lets say, a half pot bet is supposed to be. And if the ante is not part of the pot before the flop, what changes to make it part of the pot after the flop? The ante will be awarded to the winner of the hand regardless of whether or not a flop occurs which, by definition, makes it part of the pot that the player wins. I have to say I am really curious about the rationale behind this decision if it being done intentionally as you are telling me it is.

Regarding #6, what my example was trying to tell you was that if your software is supposed to merge tables as soon as a hand on the table to be removed ends then that is not what actually happens. The tournament I was watching was down to 10 players split over 2 tables and I had both tables open at the same time and both tables had 5 players. Table A and Table B are both playing a hand with 5 players. Table A's hand ends first and results in eliminating a player into 10th place. Table B is still playing their hand. Table A is the table that is going to be removed but instead of being removed and joining Table B, it continues to play another hand. Table A now is playing another hand with 4 players. The hand on Table B now ends and because Table A has started another hand, it too starts another hand instead of waiting for the hand on Table A to finish first. Table B now plays another hand with 5 players. Table A's hand now ends and the 4 players on that table now join Table B.

Basically the problem is that Replay's software does not do any Hand-for-hand play at the point where you are 1 player away from the Final Table. If your software did H4H play then this problem would not happen. As much as you all want to believe or tell us that your software is working or should be working as intended, the experience of us players is that it does not work as you describe the way it should be working. Not sure what else I can tell you.

Thanks
Doug/Fivefor

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well Doug asked most of the questions and has been correct every time :)

but I got a funny one, when you are playing in a game and the notice in lower corner comes up stating your next game is starting and to click it to open, it changes the game you were in to the new game. then you must go back to the
lobby, click leagues, pick the league and reopen it and choose the game you were already playing.

very happy to have you here listening to our complaints in the interest of getting the site working better for all of us to enjoy. thank you :)