No micro MTTs on GGPoker after 14:05

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's nothing on Sunday from 14:05 to 22:10. Seems a bit strange. Anyone else have this same on their client?

I guess i'm forced to play higher buy-ins this afternoon then... :p:p:p

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its because there are many big tournaments on sunday. they want the servers to work properly and games to run flawlessly. without disconnections and other problems.

Ur games will come back dont worry.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Yes, it's very frustrating, all other poker rooms offer tournaments from $1 to $10 but not GG. So I end up playing at Stars and 888.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeh, just got a reply from GGPoker saying they dont have the server capacity to run smaller tournaments right now so i'm the same stuck playing at Stars atm.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea a know it is a bit frustrating but there are a lot on other platforms

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
micro mtt is not profitable for the rooms
pokerstars also refused micro limits

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
micro mtt is not profitable for the rooms
pokerstars also refused micro limits

There are lots of microstakes (<5$) MTTs on PokerStars. Also while its true, that each player in a microstakes MTT contribute less rake than each player in a mid or high stakes MTT, the fields are often much larger, so micro limits are not totally insignificant in generating income for a poker site.

On PokerStars for instance the 2 pm CET 27$ "big" has a guaranty of 2.500$, the 3 pm 4$ "big" 3.000$ and the 4 pm 44$ "big" 4.000$. So the microstakes event actually generate just as much revenue for PokerStars as the similar mid stakes events, which run an hour earlier or later. As this is even without taking into account, that the rake for the 4,4$ game is 20% higher, which is kind of unique to PokerStars.

I

IanP304

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had noticed this as well, GG seem to have micro MTTs from Monday to Saturday but on Sundays not so much. I thought it might have something to do with the double guarantee thing they do on Sundays which is also double the buyin .... but looking at other replies to this thread its to do with server capacity, although this doesn't seem to be an issue other days of the week? Odd.