NLOP

O

OLDSKHOOL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I WONDER IF MIKE SEXTON REALIZES THAT THE poker site NLOP (which he promotes) is cheating the public out of a realistic poker experience by suppling a higher than a realistic amount of monster hands to entice people to join up for their VIP membership, and NLOP ended my VIP statis 2 wks earily. i'm not some ranting "loser", to the contrary, i have won $110.00 in the last 3 wks.. (which i never expect to collect ) i joined because i "thought",(my mistake), NLOP was different from the other sites that have honesty issues. within 1 1/2 weeks,when i realized that NLOP was just another FULLTILT copy! i changed my membership statis to basic so that my CC account wouldn't get charged for another month. ( i won't play on unrealistic poker site)and although i paid for a full month, NLOP reduced my statis back to the basic membership even though i still had about 2 weeks left on my original month VIP membership. this is STEALING!!! plan and simple! DOES MR. SEXTON KNOW? DOES MR. SEXTON CARE?

O

OLDSKHOOL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
update: since i started this thread.. they have reinstated my vip statis... and as for my other complaints... try them if you want .. but you will find that they are just like fulltilt (a suckout site)

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why? Why? Why do I stop and read this stuff?

Oh-never mind, just forgot I'm a idiot.

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLOP is definitely a strange site. They used to have a really loud sound effect when someone got knocked out. Real loud boom boom:eek: boom sound that was extremely annoying. They finally eliminated it. And by the way, it is nothing like Full Tilt.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NLOP? what does that stand 4?
Im not arsed about small crappy sites that are tryin to make a boom in the poker market. But they dont stand a chance as every1 is comfy with the top dog sites :) ZIIIING!!!

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NLOP? what does that stand 4?
Im not arsed about small crappy sites that are tryin to make a boom in the poker market. But they dont stand a chance as every1 is comfy with the top dog sites :) ZIIIING!!!

NLOP stands for "National League Of Poker. It's legal in the US because there are no cash games, only tournaments. It's free to join but paying "VIP" members get access to better tourneys, etc... Mike Sexton is the spokesperson, and you have to watch an annoying video (thankfully, it's short) of him trying to get you to become a VIP member...

B

bilgert

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back in the day, NLOP used to be a pretty decent site. They were a small company based out of Framingham, MA trying to make a name for themselves. They actually had contracts with Milwaukee's Best Light and with Kenny Rogers (he was promoting a sports betting set) and were a publicly traded company on NASDAQ (pinksheets)

It was actually the first place I cut my poker teeth (I was too afraid at the time to deposit real money into FTP, poker stars). Everything was completely free when I first joined and there was no VIP type club- but there were a lot of ads you had to sit through during the breaks.

The tourneys were kind of donkaments, and the blind structures for 1 table Sit-N-Gos were really slow, but it helped me understand the importance of position, reading opponents etc. Over the course of about 2 years I won probably about $150 in free rolls, a bunch of keychains, a shirt, a few dvds and final tabled a monster tournament where the first prize was a seat at a $1500 wsop event.

Anyway, when they went to the VIP deal and hired Sexton as the spokesperson is where they went downhill. They went to a more elaborate software, which slowed the games down considerably and the blind structures were changed so that it limited play considerably. Also, the state I live in does not allow me to upgrade to VIP status and that really limits the number of tournaments I can play.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I think the company is comprised of decent folks, but they just don't have the $$$ or exposure to compete with the big boys. I did see Sexton sporting an NLOP shirt on a couple of interviews and at a fairly recent Poker After Dark episode though.

K

kal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NLOP is joke

NLOP is a joke. The software is slow, it always freezes up, and everytime you log on it will download adware and spyware to your computer. As far as the poker goes, it is the most unrealistic site there is. It rewards poor play. Quality hands that are played well will lose over the long run, while garbage hands played by donks will suck out and win over the long run. Plus there are way too many straight flushes, 4 of kinds and full houses.

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the info. I had seen NLOP advertised and thought about joining. Glad I decided to see what fellow chatters had to say about it first. I think I will stay away from it.

Also, thanks to Cardschat for providing us with the platform to share information!