Nice poker rooms/software for casual players

T

t0b4cc0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

Id like to know what do you think are the best/good rooms for casual players. I mean those who havepeople playing for fun, without HUDs on maybe 1 or 2 tables just like I do.

Im currently on pokerstars and some people told me that its a bit tough there and that its stupid that I dont use HUD. But i enjoy the thrill of the game and I hoped that there are other sites that ban huds. Now Ive heared about a few but then they allow some HUDs again and so on. Idk

greetings!

BoyNamedSude

BoyNamedSude

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are comfy on Stars, stay there... You will find both casual and skilled players on various tables, and will always have some sort of competition... That's what the game is about... Many alternative sites, have few players, and few games... so you will generally have to take what you get... Stars offers a wide choice of games and playing options as far as seriousness...
For pure fun and excitement, play 10,000PM Knock-out...
For pure skill, play micro-stakes non-hyper games...

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure 888,cash games are soft,i play micro stackes i am not sure how much i can help you but give it a try.If you wanna make big money with a few bucks for sure play on stars.but if you wanna pay on a sunday night a mtt with not that many players try 888 or party.

T

t0b4cc0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
id be happy to learn a bit of poker and maybe not loose too much in the long run
i want to play nlhe mostly and im not really interested in tournament play

i just dont like the idea of being taken advantage of by people caring enough about numbers to play with huds

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a pretty casual player, small stakes and freerolls. I mostly just play for fun. I play at 888, but I think they do allow HUDs? :)

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
id be happy to learn a bit of poker and maybe not loose too much in the long run
i want to play nlhe mostly and im not really interested in tournament play

i just dont like the idea of being taken advantage of by people caring enough about numbers to play with huds

Games will probably be the softest at 888poker 2nl tables (1cent/2cent blinds), where you buyin for $2 giving you 100bb's. 2nl on any of the sites will be a good place to start.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

There will always be serious players (regulars), who are trying to improve their game and win, even at a limit as low as 2NL. And per definition these players "care about numbers", because at the end of the day poker is a math based game. So either you also learn to "care about numbers", or you will end up losing to those players, who do.

Does it matter, if regulars can use a HUD? To some extend it does, but probably not as much, as you think. So in my opinion if you are happy at Stars, then just stay there. They have great software, and they rake the 2NL game much lower than any other poker site, which make it easier to win.

Their new 4 table cap has also helped a lot to create loser games, because you no longer see mass multi tabling nits playing 14 tables of 2NL at the same time. These guys hardly even needed a HUD, because their strategy was basically just to wait for pocket aces or a set, and then try to stack someone to build their bankroll 2 dollars at the time.

Disclaimer: I mainly play at 888 poker now at limits like 10-20NL, but I used to play at Stars and have still played the majority of my life time poker hands there.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me pokerstars remains best just because of the big number of players and stakes suitable for everyone (from cents to high rollers). I do not think that so many players use HUDs on pokerstars especially on the low levels and sometimes using HUD if you don't know how to process that information can cause even worse play than not using a hud. Software of stars is also great so for me it is still good platform for casual players like me.