Next Generation of Poker Sites

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just got back from a rather pleasant live session. Was chatting to this guy I havent seen before who described a site which is reaching completion, which sounded interesting. Here is what he said :-

1) Your hole cards on your screen are face down (simulating live play). You can look at them as much as you want, but when you do the other players at the table can see you bending them up.

2) There are a number of animated actions, tossing chips in, sliding them in etc, that you can chose from.

3) If you are going to fold a hand at any point heads up you can show it. (Table image type shit)

4) You can say a selection of phrases (just from their stock of phrases) to your opponent. I doubt they include calling someone a f'ing muppet as they hit their gut draw though!

Anyway, If it happens, and he certainly didnt sound like an arse with a story to tell, then it could be worth looking out for.

Welly

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeh; I tried one of the betas for one of those 3D sites; the bloody thing took 5 mins just to get to 1% downloaded, so I ditched it. I just don't see the purpose of having an online site being 'so realistic'. If I want live play, I go and play a live game.

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds interesting. Have you also heard of the new poker table with video screens. You sit at your table at home I think and you can see your opponents on the screens. It also has the feature like you are lifting your hole cards also. Its is supposed to simulate live poker, but with no opponents sitting in front of you except for a picture of the player instead. I believe I saw this in one of the newer "Candadian Poker Player Magazine"

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's PKR that's being referred to, I think... I'm not sure it really adds anything.
If you've any sense, you look at your cards, make a note of them in notepad or something, and then never look at them again... then take advantage of the information you can get off the other players while the 'feature' gives them none about you.

Welly

Welly

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose you can use it to your advantage BY looking. IE by misrepresenting a non-memorable hand.

I know that when i'm playing live, and I'm sat on the stone cold nuts, then maybe a few pauses and looks (at the cards) dont go amiss, before flat calling, hoping they launch on the next card.

Welly

M

mischman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds cool, what are some of thes names of these sites?