New CC member, where is best to play these days?

V

VenomX1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this forum,

Over this past few weeks my passion for poker has reignited and I've been searching through different sites to play online and checking out YouTube to find the best poker site out there at the minute.

Played mostly on pokerstars about 15 years ago but would I be correct to say GGpoker is now the place to play?

Last edited by a moderator:
COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello! Welcome to us, you have made a wise choice! Here you will find everything you need! As for the poker rooms, I only play on PS, it has all the games that I like. Good luck and see you at the game table!

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Played mostly on Pokerstars about 15 years ago but would I be correct to say GGpoker is now the place to play?
You are wrong. There are many poker rooms that are great for playing. Each room has its advantages and disadvantages. It all depends on what you are looking for. Regular MTTs with a small number of players? Go to unibet for example. Big MTT? Go to PokerStars, GGPoker or party poker. And if you are a cash player, GGPoker is not very profitable as GGPoker also takes a rake pre-flop.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello
I hae accounts on PS, 888, GG.
I find them interesting all... the easiest seems to be GG, the hardest PS
So it depends what are you looking for :-D

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its more about where you are living and playing than what is the best site out there. I would look at what available and then look and ask whats best to play. Its not always easy too. Where I would like to play I cant and that maybe your problem as well. Best of luck to you.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings, welcome to the forum. I've usually played at pokerstar and I've felt good there! good tournaments and the cash tables have a good rhythm

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends of what do you want to play, if cash games or MTT's and how much do you want to invest. If you are a micro-small stakes cash games player, I would suggest to play in 888poker because of their promotions, if small-medium stakes I prefer BCP because of their rakeback. If it's MTT's I still prefer PokerStars.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are a new CardsChat member, you get a bronze level. If you plan to build a bankroll with the help of freerolls, then you'd better focus in this case on poker rooms where there are more games for the bronze level.

V

VenomX1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you everyone, it seems pokerstars would be the first stop but they have blocked my account and i can't open a new one as details are tied to the blocked account. I have sent maybe 5 online messages to the the chat service and honestly think it's a dead end. I am taking it slowly to ease back in and want to enjoy my playing rather than dive in at the deep end. I also seen one of you posted a link to sharpen ones skills, it's much appreciated.

Hope to beat you all soon haha:p

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depends on where you live. Any questions regarding the best places to play online should always give a location to get correct answers. Honestly, any answers to your question would have to just be lucky to be correct because it's impossible to answer without knowing your location. Maybe I missed something but I was unable to determine where you are and what sites would be available.

B

bbiase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello and welcome! My favorite formats have been microstakes multi-table sit and go's and MTT, and PokerStars always has had the On Demand 18-45 format that I enjoy. In terms of field, I have found 888 and partypoker the softest.