Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chris08 said:
Hello,
So can any pokerroom.com user tell me if I need to click a seat then sit in? That text that is at the bottom of the window?
Yes, first click a chair, then verify how much you're bringing to the table, then click SIT IN. I'm busy the next few days, but when I have a minute, I'll look you up.

C

Chris08

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, would really like to play with someone to see if it works. But as I am thinking right now, it's not going to work since i cant take a seat. Maybe that table was full?

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys I have been working with chris on this problem.. Chris needs to know of the sites that post the text et-cetra in the chat area? Chris can read that as well.. I know there are some sites that have this.. Just need to find out which ones they are.. Any help is also appreciated.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As I said before, Poker Room shows the cards in text in the chat, as well as allowing you to use the F-keys to fold, call, raise.

Poker.com also shows cards in text in the chat. You also have the ability to go to a full screen while playing. They do not appear to have the F-key feature.

Also, any of the Prima sites (royal vegas, Dream Poker, PokerTime, etc.) all show the cards in text in the chat. They do not have the F-key function either, I'm afraid.

I'm really glad you're helping Chris out with this Twizz. I hope you can help get him to the tables soon!

Edit: If I find anymore sites that show text, F-keys, etc. I will post here.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but he had a problem with pokerroom, we just tried UB but it had a flaw. He needs text in chat for his hole cards. He did like UB and the interface, even got to a table to play. He just didn't know what his hole cards were.

So now I suggest he write to some of the poker pro's with his problem. Maybe they can help influence a few sites to impliment text for the cards and stuff.

B

blindAdrenaline

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,
I am also a blind poker player, and I have been trying for a while to find a online poker site that will work with my screenreader.
I am also a programmer and Jaws script writer, and I have tried for quite a while to make party poker work with my screenreader.
Unfortunately, I have had teh same problem with reading the hole cards, though I can read the dealer chat fine.
I will take a look at pokerroom.com and see what I can make out.
As it stands, does poker room show your hole cards only as graphics?
If so, it may be possible to have all 52 graphics individually labeled to have them read, but I'm not sure about this.
Chris, if you are a member of all in play, send me an email, as I have an idea you might be interested in involving a few bucks of action.
Later taters,
Che
che@tridigitalbb.com

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made progress with Chris the other day.. Titan has exactly what he wants. It does his hole cards in text in the chat box but the downside was his screen reader doesn't work well at all or should I say very compatable with Titan.

Good news was I found what he wanted but news was that the site didn't work well with his programs.

NotoriousDeano

NotoriousDeano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeh, ive emailed pokerstars with afew of my ideas for improvements and they been great.