Must have a huge leak in game

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so this morning im playing the 2500GTD freebuy for first hour it seem all my best hands were holding and even put a couple bad beats on where i thought i had best hand. got up to 20k and was in top 15 for a while then it was like everything changed as it typically does during second hour on.
Then the 3 outers came out in force. Felt like i was making the right/good calls on smaller allins Ak losing to AJ etc... This went on for next hour altho i slowed down on playing what i felt was better hands cause i just kept losing to 3 outers to the point of come bubble time i was in deep trouble. With 8k i was probably not going to make it ITM and hit a behind hit against K7 with QJ suited which took me back up to 13k.
Sadly that was short lived after getting into the money i tried opening up my range some(not much but...) got back down to 7k after trying to play some suited cards for blinds and people was pushing so i folded and got down to 7k when i get JJ blinds were 500 1k so i raise to 3k one of the bigger stacks who had been pushing some raised allin. After thinking and being committed i called and he shows QQ no help and im out with a min cash

So im wanting to ask if my middle game is lacking or is it just bad luck to be ahead so often and losing to 3 outers. Im talking Ak to A10 raising and calling allins only to see K10 10 7 etc and the 3 outers hitting.
Should i be tightening up and only playing AA thru JJ at this point or should i get aggressive and start raising with mediocre hands to increase stack.

Some of you have seen me play and my range is usually pretty tight so i guess i know im going to see more behind beats put on me but how can i avoid them. Usually have a good gut feel for when im ahead preflop but preflop doesnt mean much when u lose to 3 outers. I can go back and look and just shake my head cause i dont see what im doing wrong. Cant just be that unlucky can i?

I know i rant at tables on occasions when i am bad beated or feel like im way ahead but as much as i bitch im a +365% ROI player in tunrys. Just not getting the bigger finishes that these 3 outers seem to be keeping me from.
Do i need to post some example hands etc? but looking for advice please and thank you!!

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes we have bad luck.!! Brother calm and then you are going to reward, letters that you have to smile.!!!

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
we play freerolls & micro stakes
maybe just relax, no take it too serious... try have FUN
poker at this level no life & death... we no need win monies so can pay the rent?
enjoy the game... no forget it mostly about get good luck
no worrie it so much else you go crazy think of bad beaters
relax, enjoy HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
hugs

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so this morning im playing the 2500GTD freebuy for first hour it seem all my best hands were holding and even put a couple bad beats on where i thought i had best hand. got up to 20k and was in top 15 for a while then it was like everything changed as it typically does during second hour on.
Then the 3 outers came out in force. Felt like i was making the right/good calls on smaller allins Ak losing to AJ etc... This went on for next hour altho i slowed down on playing what i felt was better hands cause i just kept losing to 3 outers to the point of come bubble time i was in deep trouble. With 8k i was probably not going to make it ITM and hit a behind hit against K7 with QJ suited which took me back up to 13k.
Sadly that was short lived after getting into the money i tried opening up my range some(not much but...) got back down to 7k after trying to play some suited cards for blinds and people was pushing so i folded and got down to 7k when i get JJ blinds were 500 1k so i raise to 3k one of the bigger stacks who had been pushing some raised allin. After thinking and being committed i called and he shows QQ no help and im out with a min cash

So im wanting to ask if my middle game is lacking or is it just bad luck to be ahead so often and losing to 3 outers. Im talking Ak to A10 raising and calling allins only to see K10 10 7 etc and the 3 outers hitting.
Should i be tightening up and only playing AA thru JJ at this point or should i get aggressive and start raising with mediocre hands to increase stack.

Some of you have seen me play and my range is usually pretty tight so i guess i know im going to see more behind beats put on me but how can i avoid them. Usually have a good gut feel for when im ahead preflop but preflop doesnt mean much when u lose to 3 outers. I can go back and look and just shake my head cause i dont see what im doing wrong. Cant just be that unlucky can i?

I know i rant at tables on occasions when i am bad beated or feel like im way ahead but as much as i bitch im a +365% ROI player in tunrys. Just not getting the bigger finishes that these 3 outers seem to be keeping me from.
Do i need to post some example hands etc? but looking for advice please and thank you!!

The tighter you play in comparison to your opponents, the higher the ratio of bad beats to won hands, and that does not make you unlucky, because you are selecting for bad beats with your play. Besides, you have a +365% ROI which is objective proof that overall you are not being unlucky.

So if you want to minimize the bad beats, all you need to do is play the whole range of hands and become the one who gives bad beats to others, but expect your ROI to go down.

In poker, as in life, you can't have a cake and eat it :)

Top 10 Games