looking for new poker room

G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all - this is a question to some of our more experienced online players and I apologize for this thread perhaps being in the wrong area and perhaps others containing similar information.

I just wanted to ask peoples opinions, particularly those in Australia, of what site you would suggest to play sit and go's and tourneys?

I started another thread called "cashing out" about Titan Poker, which has taken a new twist, and to cut a long story short withdrawing $7000 from them has now cost me $85 in fees, $400 in the exchange rate from the time I wanted to cash out until now, and having recieved a cheque and trying to bank it here in Australia, it will now take anotherr 4-6 WEEKS to clear, as it has to be sent back to germany, negotiated back to Australian dollars and returned, for the second time, to Australia. what an age we live in!

As a result, on principal, i will never play at TITAN again, and was looking for somewhere new to play, bearing i mind i live in Australia and would like to get some money back at some stage.

Hope this doesn't sound whiney, but we are talking about a lot of money and the only apology from the online support, who suggested I use bank draft express as the quickest (lol) method, was "i understand how u feel":mad:

Thanks in advance

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in Melbourne - haven't cashed out of any sites personally, but know a few people that have done it successfully by cheque (including one from Titan, now that I think about it).

I think your problem is with the bank's procedures, and they'll be the same for any site (and pretty much any bank, now that I think about it). Wherever the cheque comes from, there's always going to be delays in the foreign exchange process, because banks are like that, and the cheque will always need to be returned to the host bank for verification. Because Australia doesn't allow poker sites to be hosted locally, that host bank will always be half a world away. And the bank will always charge you a ton of fees on the transaction, because that's what banks do.

The only variable that the poker site actually has any influence over is how quickly they get the cheque to you in the first place. And maybe where they choose their host bank to be - though wherever they choose it'll likely make sod all difference to us :eek:

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
CAKE POKER BEST SITE EVER

G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Oz,

As our dollar heads towards parity by the day, i lose more and more money. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's up to $400 difference already - and now I've got another 4-6 weeks to wait.

My point is a warning I guess to newer players - if you ever want some money back, have an exit stragety.

I clearly didn't read the fine print (although I have been told a few different stories by their online support) and am now paying for it.

i havent played with them since and still dont know where to play now, if at all.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dunno, you seem to play higher stakes as you are taking out 7k?

I play low lvls and play pokerstars (<-- Fak you)... but if I play another poker site... it will be full tilt poker. Id put in like $400 or something to get another $400 bonus.. wouldnt take toooo long to unlock.

Tired of PS kinda, hopefully tilt will be better ;D

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As our dollar heads towards parity by the day, i lose more and more money. It doesn't sound like a big deal, but it's up to $400 difference already - and now I've got another 4-6 weeks to wait.

Oh it sucks, no doubt about it - I'm just saying, it's your bank that's causing the delay, not the poker site.

By the way, were the $85 and $400 fees charged by Titan, or the bank? My understanding has always been that since we're playing in US dollars, the cheque would be for US dollars and converting it back to our currency of choice was our problem, as were the associated fees.

Anywho, the only way you could get around it is to find a site that pays out by EFT or direct deposit. I haven't come across any yet. I had a look into ePassporte and the like, but it doesn't seem like it's set up to work for Australians, and what with the mess with them in the US I didn't want to rely on any of them anyway.

Remember that online poker in Australia occupies a massive legal grey area too - we're probably lucky if we can get anything back off the sites :rolleyes: