Lesson Learned

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I logged into Jokerstars tonight and noticed that my free $5.00 was going to expire very soon. I decided to just swing for the fences and registered for the $3.30 ($30K guarantee) tournament.

Holy crap. I have NEVER played with a worse bunch of people in my LIFE!! Because of the magic of unlimited re-buys, they were donking at hands I would never see played in even a freeroll! Oh well, free money in, free money out. Next time I'll remember there is a time limit on the grant.

Unbelieveable. As this was my first, and probably the LAST time I'll play this level of tournament, I have learned my lesson... avoid donk-a-ment rebuy tournaments unless you have a huge bankroll to rebuy about 10 times (or until you hit it lucky in your donk-off).

I'm serious. The $.50 tournament tonight was better played.

K4Lic0

K4Lic0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know exactly what you mean, I played in the $6k guarantee on FT earlier tonight and the SAME kinda play screwed me over as well.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a REBUY
in the rebuy period u have to accumulate a huge stack and u will see it in any rebuy tournament even the 100r$
next sunday watch a random table during the rebuy period u will see a very similar game {how do u think the chip leader has 30K chips in 15 minutes}

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is a REBUY
in the rebuy period u have to accumulate a huge stack and u will see it in any rebuy tournament even the 100r$
next sunday watch a random table during the rebuy period u will see a very similar game {how do u think the chip leader has 30K chips in 15 minutes}

That's why this thread was titled: "Lesson Learned". :cool:
I don't plan to repeat the experience anytime soon.

JRaD

JRaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuys are fun when you can rebuy as much as you want, but when you buy in with your roll... lol it's no so much fun... you raise 3 x BB and someone will push guaranteed

L

lottomode777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best deal for the money since you only get one rake yet you get a deepstack tournament and play for a bigger prize pool. If you play with one buy in, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into. You just wait out for premium hands in the first hour and stack off the gamblers, or gamble up early in multiway pots with any raggy hands if you're card dead. Build a deep stack so you can play a deepstack tournament after the break with even less players.