just a quick poker rant ....

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From someone who just played a 10 hour session with only 4 hours of sleep the previous day (which should tell you how good the game eventually became) (and now i have only 7 hours of sleep in 2 days...i'm beat)

Despite the fact i played 10 hours and left 500$ ahead, i have to rant about something...

Donk players who manage to get a lot of money in front of them and go on a VERY lucky streak, calling every big raise from any seat with any two cards, seems to catch anything.... this happened to me last night. I sat down at 1/2 no limit table, bought in for the max... and three seats to my right was a dude with more than 1,000$ in front of him. I get jacks, and make a big raise. 22$ preflop. he calls, and i get no overs. I bet big (50$) and he says all in. i think for a minute and he calls for hte clock (an asshole) and i finally fold. He laughs and shows me 72o. No pair. backdoor draws only. This goes on every hand nearly. Finally he breaks one guy, and the guy rebuys and plays him on a grudge raising any ace and pushing him. the two of them exchange money and the guy keeps rebuying adn doing the same thing. It totally screws up real poker. The only time i can play is when i have aces, and i have to push preflop with them to get any real value. (which never happened). I sat at this table for 2 hours, down nearly 300$ at my lowest. Finally, he called for a rack and played one hand which I flopped two pair. I let him agressively bet into me and i called him down. I won 100$ back from him when he flipped over bottom pair and siad "i felt like donating to you"

After the donk left the game actually played VERY well. I went from down 300$ to up 500$. After buying in for 400$ total, i cashed out at 881$. Of course it helps when someone calls your flopped set of quad 7s, with his underpocket 6s, down to the river, then actually RAISES a bet made on the river... and when you flop middle set against bottom set.... but even without it I think i would have left well ahead.

AAAAAAAAANYways, i just hate that kind of play. I play poker for fun (and money) but mostly fun, and this guy completely ruined the game imo.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just the nature of the beast. part of poker is adaptation, when the game changes you have to, too. you cant cry foul when someone plays poker their way i guess.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what exactly is a flopped set of quads?

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you have 77 and the flop comes 77x

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just the nature of the beast. part of poker is adaptation, when the game changes you have to, too. you cant cry foul when someone plays poker their way i guess.

yeah, i know. I just hate it when they play that way...seriously..

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I know you have heard this a thousand times & are well aware of it but, donks with money getting lucky now & then keeps them coming back & in the long run, (and if you are playing 10 hour sessions you are in it for the long run), they will pay you off.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played at a few tables with donkeys like that and its very profitable if you shut off chat and concentrate on his betting patterns, believe it or not he does have a betting pattern that your unaware of when your paying more attention to what he types.
Believe me, try it the next time you meet a donkey like you describe above and a betting pattern will emerge.

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played at a few tables with donkeys like that and its very profitable if you shut off chat and concentrate on his betting patterns, believe it or not he does have a betting pattern that your unaware of when your paying more attention to what he types.
Believe me, try it the next time you meet a donkey like you describe above and a betting pattern will emerge.

this was live. haha :p

A

anarchy31337

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm done with poker...
My pain:
ME - KsTs,
OP - AA

heads up.
I limp, he min raises.
I call.
flop: KTJ
he min raises, I 3 bet, he 4 bets.
I'm all in.
turn: 2
river: Q

:(

A few hands later, me desperate for a win.
Different table, 9 handed. 6 limpers.

ME - AA
I go all in pre just wanting everybody to fold because I was desperate to win a hand.

1 Caller
OP: KcQc

He flops a K and rivers a Q for 2 pairs.
My aces don't improve.

SO FED UP WITH POKER

muckaveli

muckaveli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO, everything about the previous post is wrong..

Your quitting poker because of some bad cards?

You played the cards right...the outcome just wasnt in your favor...

You stated you go all in with AA preflop just wanting everyone to fold...you just want to win a hand....how sick is that..

What site was this on?

iDONK

Reptar7

Reptar7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am feeling like the OP right now as I played really well last session, yet dropped $5 at 2nl. First, I had QQ overs with 50 cents in the pot and shoved $2 with a flush draw on the board. I got a caller who flipped over a very low flush draw. The river gave him the flush. Then I and several other players were talking about how he was bad, and he challenged me to heads up. I went and played him for like 2 hours, yet ended up down a buyin. I lost 3 big hands to him. I raised pre and flopped top two, he had flopped a str8. I called a raise pre with 44 and hit a set. He had QQ and top set. And we raced my AK vs his 66 and he flopped a set. Just very sickening. I played so well, yet dropped $5. What was even worse was that the guy was losing everything he took off me to other regs. He gave around $12 to one guy. So I lost all this money to him that I will never see again.

2nl is easy money tho, so it won't stop me from playing. I get discouraged more about how hard it is to cash out.

C

coelho2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the game and yet, whenever we are in decline, there is the hand that gives us immense joy.