Juicy Stakes poker - Oct 2020

C

CS017

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've recently tested out juicy stakes over the past few months, playing long days of tournaments, and all levels of cash games hold em/Omaha from .02/.04 through 10/20.

I first loved the site and enjoyed the low key aspect of just picking one of maybe 10 tables that are going on during peak hours.

After tracking about 20,000 hands or so, there was a huge anomaly in respect to variance.

As we all know, variance is inevitable and will eventually happen, none of us are immune.

A typical rolled AA to KK happens...but while reviewing the variance in my data....it is (in my opinion, but I'm following a healthy piece of data) there is a blatant algorithm running deviation patterns on variance...being this...your next hand has an insanely high probability of winning.

if you're on the receiving end of variance...you will most likely immediately get dealt a very good hand next round...out of 20kish hands, it's almost at a 90% confidence interval...

To test this theory, I played a lot of micro stakes....re-re-raising J5 off out of position...to find my opponent flops out 2nd best at a high interval, WITHIN that window of my inevitable volatility of variance....they'll have AJ against J5 and J5 flops two in a rainbow board...

When I collected the data, I would dump the hand if possible as its unethical regardless if its micro or nose bleeds.

I absolutely do not want this to be true....but the data is screaming "follow this pattern in our software and you win"....

I'll be leaving juicy stakes but has anyone else had similar situations, theories, etc? I'm interested to hear any and all feedback. Thanks for your time.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have data such as yourself. But what irked me about Juicy Stakes is their policy regarding the freeroll winnings. They require you to overturn 50% of freeroll winnings as rake. However, Juicy Stakes uses the ‘Dealt Rake’ model which means that any player will be included in the rake calculation for any hand that the player has been dealt cards in. So, if you play 6-max table, you are expected to rake 300% instead of 50%. I would personally stay away from that website due to low concurrent online players.

C

CS017

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good to know and thank you for the feedback. I was unaware of their rake policies on free rolls- atrocious

I knew that their rake for games like a 6-max is high and they try to counter with their rakeback system but it doesnt even seem to put a dent in the total.

I also play about 2-5 tables at a time and started to notice players who make decisions at the exact same time at different tables...could be lag, software issues, a number of things....but I will say I hadn't seen it before on the more popular mainstream sites.

O

otela11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played tournaments there, not bad