Intertops fraud or lucky guy?

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This week I played a SnG for 4 participants on intertops. Together with another player we were waiting for the last 2 players to sign up. We had to wait at least 10 minutes. Suddenly 2 players registered within a few seconds of each other. That's suspicious, to say the least. During the tournament, one of these players appeared to be very good at estimating whether to fold, raise or call. At one point I had AK with a nice stack and went all-in. He also went all-in with a 4 and a 9. Then you are an incredible donk or you know more ..... And of course ... no A or K but a 4 appeared and i lost. Of course I cannot prove anything of fraud but I thought it was worthwhile to report this here. Could there be others with similar experiences?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would two players signing up to a SnG in short succession indicate, that they somehow know, which cards are going to come on the board? Something which by the way has never been proved to happen in online poker, and would be much more difficult to achieve than getting information about the other players hole cards like "Potripper" back in the days. To be honest you are dramatically overthinking this, and I advice you to focus your energy and attention on improving your game :)

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play intertops. I wish I could help. Sorry. Good luck at the tables my friend

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I've played at Intertops lately, but only at cash tables. Haven't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I have this "feeling" after playing for a few days there, that the software "feels" more random than others. So, it's been a good experience for me.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just take notes on both players and see if it happens again. Lots of players do crazy things, I am shocked every day when I see players play hands with players that are sitting out, so players calling shoves with 9 hi seems par for the course. It is pretty cool that you got enough players for a sng to run there.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have been playing the intertops freerolls, and I have not had any problems. I think the Intertops and ACR algorithms are more realistic than pokerstars and 888.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Honestly, I don't see anything unusual, this is called "bad beat" and it happens all the time everywhere!

try not to go all in unnecessarily, as you will be able to better assess the situation!

PS: I just commented in another post that the most dangerous hand to play is AK, you will have the feeling of having won before the flop!

GL

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This week I played a SnG for 4 participants on Intertops. Together with another player we were waiting for the last 2 players to sign up. We had to wait at least 10 minutes. Suddenly 2 players registered within a few seconds of each other. That's suspicious, to say the least. During the tournament, one of these players appeared to be very good at estimating whether to fold, raise or call. At one point I had AK with a nice stack and went all-in. He also went all-in with a 4 and a 9. Then you are an incredible donk or you know more ..... And of course ... no A or K but a 4 appeared and i lost. Of course I cannot prove anything of fraud but I thought it was worthwhile to report this here. Could there be others with similar experiences?
there is nothing unusual in this, recently my A K lost 8 4, at the late stage of the tournament, even if we assume that they knew which cards were in their hands, then he answered your all-in of a deliberately losing situation, so he also knew which 5 cards would open on the flop, turn...

runson

runson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no rule for equity. Any two cards can win or lose. Better hand wins more often. It happen. Accord to stack size those 72 whatever miracle calls are part of the gameplay.