Incredible hands and rows of bad beats at Pokerstars

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi folks, I'd like to hear what you think about the satellite tournaments at pokerstars. I think the idea is really great, but I currently have a really big misunderstanding with the hands and the distribution of cards at Pokerstars. In the satellite tournaments and turbo sit and go tournaments in particular, unbelievable hand constellations take place. Although I currently play an extremely tight push range as a short stack and watching and analyzing my opponents accurately, I haven't really managed to play a single time in the prize money area - not just today. Here is a small selection of hands and what happen on the board that look like "unreal". I know about the variance, losing streaks and down swings and that the best hand preflop is not always the best hand on the river.

Still, I wonder if it makes sense to play at Pokerstars or if it is a waste of time, money and energy when such "incredible hands" and bad beats become standard. There are ALWAYS 3 or 4 players with good hands involved in such a push situation. I'm not talking about the happening of a single bad beat, but about the series and, above all, the unbelievable meeting of the hands at Pokerstars tables.

Another not unimportant note: I do not make ongoing deposits but try to increase my small bankroll via strict risk management - so I'm a rather bad customer of Pokerstars.

What do you think? :eek: By the way ... Hero is "URBRÖSEL".

Attachments

• 1. Hand - 1 Game Hyper-Sat to $ 1.10 BIG 2.jpg
    1. Hand - 1 Game Hyper-Sat to $ 1.10 BIG 2.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 1. Hand - 1 Game Hyper-Sat to $ 1.10 BIG 3.jpg
    1. Hand - 1 Game Hyper-Sat to $ 1.10 BIG 3.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Unbeleavable hand 3.jpg
    Unbeleavable hand 3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Call PA mit 15 BB - 2.jpg
    Call PA mit 15 BB - 2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Call PA mit 15 BB - 1.jpg
    Call PA mit 15 BB - 1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 142
CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Stars Variance

Hi folks, I'd like to hear what you think about the satellite tournaments at Pokerstars. I think the idea is really great, but I currently have a really big misunderstanding with the hands and the distribution of cards at Pokerstars. In the satellite tournaments and turbo sit and go tournaments in particular, unbelievable hand constellations take place. Although I currently play an extremely tight push range as a short stack and watching and analyzing my opponents accurately, I haven't really managed to play a single time in the prize money area - not just today. Here is a small selection of hands and what happen on the board that look like "unreal". I know about the variance, losing streaks and down swings and that the best hand preflop is not always the best hand on the river.

Still, I wonder if it makes sense to play at Pokerstars or if it is a waste of time, money and energy when such "incredible hands" and bad beats become standard. There are ALWAYS 3 or 4 players with good hands involved in such a push situation. I'm not talking about the happening of a single bad beat, but about the series and, above all, the unbelievable meeting of the hands at Pokerstars tables.

Another not unimportant note: I do not make ongoing deposits but try to increase my small bankroll via strict risk management - so I'm a rather bad customer of Pokerstars.

Hi, I fully understand your concerns as I have experienced the same issue, repeatedly at poker stars. It seems that I can play multiple SitN Go tourneys and do ok. ITM then it is like someone turned a switch and no matter which cards, how tight or loose or passive or aggressive I play I will regularly get knocked out of tourneys with Premium hands. This goes on for three or four tourneys then I start to win again for a short period of time then again someone turns the switch and I can't win for a period of time. This cycle repeats and repeats over and over. So my response is as I recognize the turning point of my win ability I quit playing for a day or two then it seems I can do ok for a while...I guess it is PokerStars way of getting players to play and INVEST $$$. I have been playing on PokerStars for over 10 years.:):):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is nothing strange about those hands at all. When you are all-in preflop in a 4-way pot, you are only going to win 1 out of 4 on average give or take. So losing 3 in a row, if that is, what happened, is totally normal. Depending on stacks sizes, and who went in first, its not even like, your opponents in those hands stacked off particularly light. Maybe there were a few questionable calls or pushes, but thats to be expected, when you are playing for pennies.

Actually in the first one, where you had AQs, it seems like, stacks were 200BB deep, and then you are making a big mistake as well. AQs is not a hand, you want to get all in preflop for that many blinds, and especially not against multible opponents. Two of them had better hands, so you were in terrible shape, and in that hand you were actually one of the "fish", who stacked off incorrectly.

The main issue however is, you are playing turbo and hyper turbo games, where stacks then to get very short, and then there are going to be a lot of all-in preflop situations, including a decent amount that goes multiway. And its just not a format, which allow skill edges to really show. So if you want to play "real poker", then move to cash games or regular speed tournaments instead. Even the 10 min blind interval SnGs gives you quite a lot more play already.

And get this silly idea out of your head, that the games are somehow rigged, and that PokerStars care, if you make regular deposits or withdraw or whatever. They are not risking their entire multi million dollar business to rig the deck in your 1,1$ satellites. They dont care, who win or lose in those. They only care to keep the gravy train running and collect the rake money.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday, Febr. 21, 2021. 6 BB short stack - just shove with the best hand for "centuries" ... :eek:

Attachments

• 6 BB - PA m. KQ (1).jpg
    6 BB - PA m. KQ (1).jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 6 BB - PA m. KQ (2).jpg
    6 BB - PA m. KQ (2).jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 96
Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday, Febr. 21, 2021. 1st hand in a Sunday Storm satellite. Everybody plays loose like hell. Would you fold an open ended straight draw and two overs when 3 players push all-in in front of you on the flop??? :eek: And this happen all the time ...

Attachments

• JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (2).jpg
    JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (2).jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 88
  • JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (3).jpg
    JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (3).jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 89
  • JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (4).jpg
    JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (4).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 87
  • JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (1).jpg
    JT - Floped OESD & 2 OC (1).jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sunday, Febr. 21, 2021. Hero is on the SB and really get a cheap flop ... okay just a little peace on the flop with middle pair but still with potential at 4th and 5th street and it is also cheap.

WOW - straightflush-draw on the turn (this hand is unfoldable right now).

Okay, on the river I am not losing with an overpair against another opponents trips this time (like usual) and yes, it is a possible straight or a full house out there. Sure, I am not holding the nuts but ... I can´t fold either, can I? :eek:

The problem is not losing a single bad beat or a tournament - frustration creeps up after another ... and another ... and another ... and another lost tournament and hand histories which seem "unreal" in some way.

Attachments

• 86s (1).jpg
    86s (1).jpg
    16 KB · Views: 76
  • 86s (2).jpg
    86s (2).jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 86s (3).jpg
    86s (3).jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 75
  • 86s (4).jpg
    86s (4).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 74
  • 86s (5).jpg
    86s (5).jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 73
Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is nothing strange about those hands at all. When you are all-in preflop in a 4-way pot, you are only going to win 1 out of 4 on average give or take. So losing 3 in a row, if that is, what happened, is totally normal. Depending on stacks sizes, and who went in first, its not even like, your opponents in those hands stacked off particularly light. Maybe there were a few questionable calls or pushes, but thats to be expected, when you are playing for pennies.

Actually in the first one, where you had AQs, it seems like, stacks were 200BB deep, and then you are making a big mistake as well. AQs is not a hand, you want to get all in preflop for that many blinds, and especially not against multible opponents. Two of them had better hands, so you were in terrible shape, and in that hand you were actually one of the "fish", who stacked off incorrectly.

The main issue however is, you are playing turbo and hyper turbo games, where stacks then to get very short, and then there are going to be a lot of all-in preflop situations, including a decent amount that goes multiway. And its just not a format, which allow skill edges to really show. So if you want to play "real poker", then move to cash games or regular speed tournaments instead. Even the 10 min blind interval SnGs gives you quite a lot more play already.

And get this silly idea out of your head, that the games are somehow rigged, and that PokerStars care, if you make regular deposits or withdraw or whatever. They are not risking their entire multi million dollar business to rig the deck in your 1,1$ satellites. They dont care, who win or lose in those. They only care to keep the gravy train running and collect the rake money.

It's true - the call with AQs is not really high-quality poker in that case ... guess it is
a sign of frustration and helplessness against super-extreme-loose players. What I tried to explain ... in this satellite tournaments with really low budget buy-ins it seems the cards and boards are always generate action and players are not bluffing at all ... the cards which are dealt in combination with the board make all that moves plausible. I never saw this at other poker rooms in this frequency. And I never saw running with an overpair against trips on the flop and got busted that often like in this tournament.

I don't want to imply anything about Pokerstars ... but you shouldn't always blindly rely on a brand name, which often causes discussion and appears conspicuous. And that's exactly what I'm trying to address here.

Nevertheless you are absolutely right - micro stacks and hyper turbo tournaments especially in combination are certainly not "high level poker". And when you play these levels and extremely fast tournaments you should know what you are getting into - you need a very thick skin and the frustration can be huge. On the other hand, you can of course earn the buy-in for higher tournaments for very little money.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I fully understand your concerns as I have experienced the same issue, repeatedly at Poker Stars. It seems that I can play multiple SitN Go tourneys and do ok. ITM then it is like someone turned a switch and no matter which cards, how tight or loose or passive or aggressive I play I will regularly get knocked out of tourneys with Premium hands. This goes on for three or four tourneys then I start to win again for a short period of time then again someone turns the switch and I can't win for a period of time. This cycle repeats and repeats over and over. So my response is as I recognize the turning point of my win ability I quit playing for a day or two then it seems I can do ok for a while...I guess it is PokerStars way of getting players to play and INVEST $$$. I have been playing on PokerStars for over 10 years.:):):)

Hello, thank you for your evaluation and sharing your similar experiences you have had. I'll keep an eye on the win cycles - maybe I'll be able to handle situations like this better. From a financial perspective, this current phase of the losing streak is not the problem, but rather the psychological component. It is like the proverbial drop that hollowed out the stone.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's true - the call with AQs is not really high-quality poker in that case ... guess it is a sign of frustration and helplessness against super-extreme-loose players.

Yes you are tilting. I recommend taking a break and spend the time to think about, what your goals are with poker, and how you approach the game. And right away the word "satellites" spring to my mind. Its ok to play these sometimes, I have also started to do that myself. But they should not make up more than 5-10% of the games, you play, and you should not spend more than a fraction of a percent of your bankroll on a satellite.

So if you have a small bankroll like 100$, then forget these 1,1$ satellites and start grinding the 1$ 45-man and 180-man instead, or even just some 1,1$ MTTs. If you have a slightly larger bankroll like 300$, then play the 3,5$ SnGs and some 2,2$ MTTs, and only throw in an occational 1,1$ satellite to the Sunday Storm or something similar. Building up a poker bankroll from scratch is a slow process, so forget that dream about a single large win, which changes everything.

What I tried to explain ... in this satellite tournaments with really low budget buy-ins it seems the cards and boards are always generate action and players are not bluffing at all ... the cards which are dealt in combination with the board make all that moves plausible.

Not in any of those hands, you shared. In the 3 all-in preflop hands, half the hands involved should have been folded. A7o or A3o are not hands, that should call or overjam, when someone else has already moved in. At least not for those 15BB or whatever, each player seemed to have.

And in the hand, where you flopped an OESD, stacks were apparently 200BB deep, and it was a limped pot. Yet 3 guys moved all in on the flop with just top pair, which is an absolutely crazy overplay. In any game with just slightly more reasonable players that hand would have resulted in A9 winning two streets of betting and no more.

Then you shared a hand, where you got coolered by hitting two pair on the river, but your opponent already had a straight. In that hand everyone played more standard, but as a result stacks did also not go in. You lost a chunk of your chips, but you were still in the tournament, and coolers like this are just part of poker. There is nothing weird or unusual about one player having trips and another a straight and even less so in a multiway pot.

I never saw this at other poker rooms in this frequency.

The same have been said a million times about any poker room since the beginning of online poker. Its always the exact room, where the tilted player is right now, that must be rigged, since he is losing.

Nevertheless you are absolutely right - micro stacks and hyper turbo tournaments especially in combination are certainly not "high level poker". And when you play these levels and extremely fast tournaments you should know what you are getting into - you need a very thick skin and the frustration can be huge.

Exactly. The normal SnGs on Stars can actually be a bit of a nitty affair sometimes, including the 1$ 45-man and 180-man. so if you are tilting and tired of "crazy action", playing those might actually help calm you down. You are not going to win life changing money of course, but winning 5$ or 10$ in a session is better than winning nothing.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys for the good advices. Yes, I need to get away from poker for some time to recover.

It would be nice if we could live in freedom and travel or just go shopping - unfortunately that is denied to the many citizens in some countries of Europe. And then it looks like this is now standard. If I think about it, the deprivation of liberty due to the current health situation is a fact that is also incredible mentally stressful for me (and any other person I met in the last months) and does not contribute to a balanced basic attitude which is definitely a disadvantage for good poker.

Well, who would have thought that we live in a time when you can't even buy a lightbulb in the hardware store for months if it is broken because the government decides that it is better to close the hardware store because of a virus pandemic. Well, we citizens get what we vote for politically ...

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is an example that just happened, 3rd hand in Tourney. and when I got AA UTG. I knew it would be bad..

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624O6fXMq

Hi CDNMAN 42, an interesting hand. As far as I can tell you did everything right - but so did your opponent with ATs. The hand is played correctly by both of you in my opinion. Your opponent actually gets the better hand (> 50% because of 15 outs) against a possible overpair on the flop with a flush draw, gutshot-straightdraw and an overcard. This is of course tragic and frustrating when you always lose with overpair to a draw that only happens every third time. However, your opponent was lucky to get the flush draw exactly when he plays against an overpair and then his draw arrives on the river. Don't be discouraged - keep playing that way.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is an example that just happened, 3rd hand in Tourney. and when I got AA UTG. I knew it would be bad..

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624O6fXMq

That hand is obviously a bit of a cooler, but we always want to focus on the part, we control, which is our own decisions. And I certainly think, some better decions could have been made in this hand.

Preflop
This is the first blind level, so stacks are still 75BB deep. With such deep stacks I dont like min-raising. You are inviting a multiway pot, where the risk of getting your aces cracked goes up dramatically. I would make it 3BB to thin the field and simply charge them more to see a flop with whatever, they have.

Flop
5 people saw the flop, and this is a very dangerous situation for an overpair. Its somewhat unlikely, anyone has a 3, but its certainly not impossible, especially when you gave big blind a almost free look at the flop. He can have almost any two cards, and the other guys can also have at least A3, 33 or 44.

There is actually even an argument to check here and see, what develops, before you start to put more chips in the pot. If people have hands like KT or QJ, they are essentially drawing dead, so there is little value in betting and getting those hands to fold. If they catch up and turn top pair, thats actually great, because now you can get paid.

C-betting is not bad though, and when you face a call and a small raise, its also ok to give that action. However when the caller now comes over the top for a back-raise, and the raiser gives this action, you need to let those aces go. You are good here maybe 20% of the time, and when you are behind, you are drawing very thin. Knowing when to let an overpair go is part of, what separate experienced poker players from beginners.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think, it is a waste of time on ps. And not because of the similar situations. (All 3 what you have posted was 4 way allin, so anything can happen. Sometimes, I play the very micro satellites in other rooms, where is countless rebuys, or freezout, but hyper, and starts often. I count on it, don't care, even play for it, too, as you must build a good stack before the last phase, that you could go there, as chipleader on the table, so it is almost like a benefit to reach the sat prize)

However the river 1-3 falls, the 2 way pre-flop allins with 80-20 to me chance, the backdoor flush and straight etc. The runs, 'bad beats' with combinations like these makes it totally pointless playing there, as sometimes it keeps going like this for weeks. And never turned to my direction, not even on satellites, where i play much wilder range, but it happens against me again and again....

So for me ps only for CC freerolls and fun, as I counted the variances of few runs like this, and it should happen once in a lifetime, not in every month. (I have found similar ones on other sites, too, but on this one, it was the craziest.) I cannot take that site, RNG seriously at all, even the look like of the platform, it is for fun, nothing else, so only waste of money + they don't have real reward program, and charging the highest fees on the market....

In my opinion, any room is better than that one. If you like sats, I would recommend you the partypoker (they have plenty very micro sats), at least I've played plenty sats there, back in time, that looked like more or less okay to me for months.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, it is a waste of time on ps. And not because of the similar situations. (All 3 what you have posted was 4 way allin, so anything can happen. Sometimes, I play the very micro satellites in other rooms, where is countless rebuys, or freezout, but hyper, and starts often. I count on it, don't care, even play for it, too, as you must build a good stack before the last phase, that you could go there, as chipleader on the table, so it is almost like a benefit to reach the sat prize)

However the river 1-3 falls, the 2 way pre-flop allins with 80-20 to me chance, the backdoor flush and straight etc. The runs, 'bad beats' with combinations like these makes it totally pointless playing there, as sometimes it keeps going like this for weeks. And never turned to my direction, not even on satellites, where i play much wilder range, but it happens against me again and again....

So for me ps only for CC freerolls and fun, as I counted the variances of few runs like this, and it should happen once in a lifetime, not in every month. (I have found similar ones on other sites, too, but on this one, it was the craziest.) I cannot take that site, RNG seriously at all, even the look like of the platform, it is for fun, nothing else, so only waste of money + they don't have real reward program, and charging the highest fees on the market....

In my opinion, any room is better than that one. If you like sats, I would recommend you the partypoker (they have plenty very micro sats), at least I've played plenty sats there, back in time, that looked like more or less okay to me for months.

Hi Adi8877, thanks for your evaluation Yes, I agree with you that things are pretty wild on PS in the micro stacks. I think there are quite a few recreational players who just want maximum action and entertainment after a long day at work - and that is undoubtedly offered to them. I am also thinking about playing less buy-in tournaments at PS because it makes no sense to play on the lower levels to build up your bankroll, instead using the opportunity to use freerolls to maybe cash a few times. Thanks for your reference to party poker - I'll take a closer look at other poker rooms in general. Thank you again, have a good time and good luck at the poker tables. :)

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That hand is obviously a bit of a cooler, but we always want to focus on the part, we control, which is our own decisions. And I certainly think, some better decions could have been made in this hand.

Preflop
This is the first blind level, so stacks are still 75BB deep. With such deep stacks I dont like min-raising. You are inviting a multiway pot, where the risk of getting your aces cracked goes up dramatically. I would make it 3BB to thin the field and simply charge them more to see a flop with whatever, they have.

Flop
5 people saw the flop, and this is a very dangerous situation for an overpair. Its somewhat unlikely, anyone has a 3, but its certainly not impossible, especially when you gave big blind a almost free look at the flop. He can have almost any two cards, and the other guys can also have at least A3, 33 or 44.

There is actually even an argument to check here and see, what develops, before you start to put more chips in the pot. If people have hands like KT or QJ, they are essentially drawing dead, so there is little value in betting and getting those hands to fold. If they catch up and turn top pair, thats actually great, because now you can get paid.

C-betting is not bad though, and when you face a call and a small raise, its also ok to give that action. However when the caller now comes over the top for a back-raise, and the raiser gives this action, you need to let those aces go. You are good here maybe 20% of the time, and when you are behind, you are drawing very thin. Knowing when to let an overpair go is part of, what separate experienced poker players from beginners.

Hi fundiver122, it's an interesting point of view. You're right, the open raise could be made a little higher at the early level.

But what I notice again in this hand (and please don't accuse me of believing in manipulated software) - there are 3 hands that are practically impossible to fold on the flop.

For CDNMAN42: It is relatively unlikely, if possible, that the opponent will receive trips.

For GEESTAR21624: It is even less likely that someone will flop a better hand than Trips. We're not talking about the best hand on the river, but actually the best hand on the flop. Now it gets interesting ... CDNMAN42 will consider: How often does it happen that someone receives trips on the flop? Isn't it a very good flop for an overpair to have another pair on the flop because of the rarity of trips? And yet the trips of GEESTAR 21624 are even surpassed by the full house of Shizoook. What is the probability that the best overpair against trips against a full house happens on the flop in the same hand? Now it gets even more interesting ... how many such game situations occur in a given period of time?

The question that arises in my opinion is not that such a game situation cannot occur, but the frequency of such "unbelievable" game situations. Of course there is variance and streaks of bad luck and a non-linear probability distribution, but there are also statistical values ​​that are meaningful over a longer period of time. I think that what players with a static background are really completely tilted is the low probability of "unbelievable" game situations which then suddenly occur more frequently combined with their own high probability of winning in a single hand which does not occur. What do you think?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But what I notice again in this hand (and please don't accuse me of believing in manipulated software) - there are 3 hands that are practically impossible to fold on the flop.

Yes but this will obviously happen from time to time. And the thing is, if they all have the KT or QJ type hands, that missed completely, then they will just fold. And because you only won a small pot and did not see their hands, you quickly forget about it.

Also its not "practically impossible" to fold AA on the flop with that action and stack depth. In fact, this is, how nits made a ton of money mass multi tabling micro stakes cash games 10+ years ago. They just sat there all day long and waited for a set, and then they stacked someone, who could not fold a top pair or overpair type hand.

Whenever two guys are all in against each other already, you need to remember, that you still get to see their hands, even you fold. So you get cheap information, and if they both have something retarded, then take a note on it and come after them in future hands. Yes it sucks to lose a quarter of your chips making an incorrect fold, but it sucks way more to lose all your chips making an incorrect call.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
However, the variance is already too high on the PS.

Good luck.

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I completely agree with the above analysis of starting hands. And would add that PStars is gradually increasing the speed of the SnG (as well as ante), persuading users to such game with family pots. The benefit for the room is in a rake squeezing for the same time unit :)hahaha:the official tagline, of course, is a sweet blablabla), a minus for regular players is in increasing of random luck share in favorit formats.
It is not a matter of a dealing cards algorithm, I am sure, at least not at PStars.
I wish to support the thread starter and say Good Luck. Hope it will help a little.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I experience this kind of bad beats each day, sometimes on POKERSTARS but much more often on 888.
I personnaly noticed 2 facts:
- Of course it happens very very often when you play hyperturbo or turbo tournaments, because of the urgent need of increasing stack.. and of the kind of players you face there.
- This also frequently happens in normal or regular speed tournaments, especially when you get close to the bubble and just AFTER the bubble (tables cleaning ?).
Of course I know that in these particular moments the variance will be increased by the fact that big stacks will push or call all in holding medium hands and even win.
But the fact is: it is good for the room to accelerate the tournament or SNG, because of rake.
I don't think POKERSTARS is really rigged but IMO it would be technically possible .

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and just AFTER the bubble (tables cleaning ?).

After the bubble the number of eliminations will tend to go up, because people, who played conservatively to make it into the money, will now try to increase their stack, so they can make a deep run. This is called "post bubble bustout bonanza", and you see it in live tournaments as well as online.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After the bubble the number of eliminations will tend to go up, because people, who played conservatively to make it into the money, will now try to increase their stack, so they can make a deep run. This is called "post bubble bustout bonanza", and you see it in live tournaments as well as online.

Hi fundiver199, I've seen this phenomenon several times but I didn't know there is a special term for it. Thanks for your expertise. :)

PokerStars Reviews: Français, Nederlands, Deutsch, Dansk, Italiano, Español, Polski, Norsk, Português, Svenska - PokerStars Mobile - Deutsch Mobile - PS Casino Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands