Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

Something that obviously will not change for my opinion or my complaint is the fact that the poker rooms disconnect you if you have not had activity for a certain period of time. Even many times this happens when one is enrolled in a tournament.
I do not know the reasons why the rooms do this (I suppose it will be for safety or to relieve unnecessary traffic) but sometimes it bothers me a lot, especially when I am doing marathon freerolls on different platforms.
Mine is only catharsis because, as I said at the beginning of the post, nothing will change because I want it.

Anyway, thanks for putting up with my rookie nonsense.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Drives me crazy as well. Just glad only a couple sites do it, and not the main ones I play on.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The problem is not the inactivity disconnection imo , whch happens for security reasons , or to show on the lobby the true active number of players on the platform , for bots , or whatever other reason .
The great problem for me is that when this occurs , despite having checked the option '' remember password '' , when I disconnect due to inactivity and I click the log in button , it doesn't remember anymore the password , I have to type it (my very long password lol) again , or copy paste it from a notepad file from the documents menu , really extremelly boring routine .....

At least when I minimize the lobby , when the time comes 5 mins before the inactivity logout the lobby is maximised , so I can see it and click on the lobby and the time clock resets . But if it's not minimised , most of the times I don't see this message (cause it doesn't steal focus on the screen from other programms or Apps running that moment , the lobby doesn't come to the foreground)

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The great problem for me is that when this occurs , despite having checked the option '' remember password '' , when I disconnect due to inactivity and I click the log in button , it doesn't remember anymore the password , I have to type it (my very long password lol) again

Same here. I don't mind being logged out due to inactivity, but all my passwords are also long and complicated.

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here. I don't mind being logged out due to inactivity, but all my passwords are also long and complicated.
What prevents you from writing passwords on a piece of paper and there are no problems

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is strange that it annoys you and disturbs you. I turn off the room software if I do not play. In all likelihood, they so reduce the load on the server.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What used to really annoy me wasn't the timeout in itself, but the unregistration to tournaments that went with it, LOL.

Thankfully I found the option to untick this deregistration and most sites allow you to adjust how long until you get logged out automatically..

Instead of retyping a really long password manually, could you not just close & reopen the platform for autofill?

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
What prevents you from writing passwords on a piece of paper and there are no problems

Nothing. In fact it's a necessity. But that piece of paper is nowhere near my computer. Try remembering something like "Q0f#m4S)5oc8dM". It's also not that easy to enter when in a hurry.

Good luck with your online security.

PS The above quoted password is fictitious.

Last edited:
V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also had a similar case (I'm a little late for the tournament), open, and I see that I have left - I could not believe that in 10 minutes I ate the blinds! Then I learned that within 5 minutes of all inactive players are removed, I believe that it is not pravilno-- you never know what can happen and if the connection is lost?