Inactive Players

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do these poker sites allow inactive players to stay at the table ( also called table sitters) They slow the game down because they activate the clock I've also witnessed the site giving them a winning hand it's ridiculous. Let the sites you play at know you want a change

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. 888 is horrible for this. A lot of people join a freeroll especially and then sit out and often end up min cashing. Their hands are live even though they sit out once they are all in. I’ve seen them win several times when they’ve been all in. Frustrating as heck especially when on bubble. On the flip side, it’s great early when you’re the only live player at the table. This has happened to me before and built a huge stack without playing a hand!

If they’re sitting out, the time clock only activates once so no big deal. Some players use the clock as a weapon especially when close to bubble and they just had their big blind. Hoping to delay enough to make the money. I’ve got no problem with that and do use it myself.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi there.I´ve only seen that on 888..But I have nothing against that because sometimes I´ve been ITM without playing.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there.I´ve only seen that on 888..But I have nothing against that because sometimes I´ve been ITM without playing.

The site I'm playing on is ACR the sitters activate the clock there and slows the game and needs to be changed I sent a post to the rep for them so I'll see if I get a response Don't play 888

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often see this one on the ACR when a player registered for the tournament, but at the beginning of the tournament he is absent or even forgot that he should play there[emoji2957][emoji2957][emoji2957]

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This has happened as long as I can remember, and at times that has been me for whatever reason .... I don't care honestly, I don't even care if I am removed unless I am ITM then it should play out as it does ... I just don't really allow myself to get that worked up over something so trivial at the poker table, if I think it's right or wrong ... it's like peeps burning their clock down every hand ... I just don't care ...

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A player sitting out can only have a winning hand if opponent fails to raise the hand. :fight:

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting out players are the best opponents you can have in MTT :D Of course it may be irritating, but you wont lose anything vs them, only win

Last edited:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
A player sitting out can only have a winning hand if opponent fails to raise the hand. :fight:

Sitting out players are the best opponents you can have in MTT :D Of course it may be irritating, but you wont lose anything vs them, only win

888poker disagrees with both of your statements though :rolleyes:

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Simply shouldn't be allowed. If you're inactive for over an hour you should get booted ..

J

Julez97

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure why but I really dislike it. IMO they should just time out, and not have any time bank after missing a full orbit. It can also severely affect the fairness of the game. I played a tournament a few weeks ago where I was at a table with 6 people sitting out to my left. So I basically had permanent position and was able to raise basically all my hands profitably vs the 2 guys to my right. I built up a crazy stack and went really deep just because so many where sitting out. There isin't much you can do about it once the game starts, but maybe these guys should get penalized if they consistently do this.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least in pokerstars problem is only with the first hand as these sitout players use all their time for decision as well as their time bank. After that they are automatically marked as sitout so that they do not slow down the game and blinded out eventually. I have never seen such player to be able to cash in pokerstars mtt maybe due to the huge fields.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For all the time in my opinion only in the mpn network it was so that after the start of the tournament for 5 minutes if the player is not active, the list was cleaned.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Pokerstars if you are inactive because it leaves you like that and sometimes it is also not a matter of not wanting to play, in my case it is that I start to have connection failures and it is to be expected something like this in online poker tables

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do these poker sites allow inactive players to stay at the table ( also called table sitters) They slow the game down because they activate the clock I've also witnessed the site giving them a winning hand it's ridiculous. Let the sites you play at know you want a change
Players must abide by generally accepted rules of conduct and decency. Players are also required to follow standard poker etiquette. At their discretion, employees of poker rooms can punish players, ranging from an oral warning to disqualification from one or all live tournaments and cash games

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are wrong. There is no better than a non-playing player. For the chips of the non-playing player will be with the players.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The inactive players really don't bother me, but I know that are some poker rooms that after the first 10 minutes in freerolls if you are inactive you are removed from the tournament.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That is because they have already registered, maybe they had a problem with the internet. On sites like PokerStars inactive players get their hands folded

D

doom

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
For all the time in my opinion only in the mpn network it was so that after the start of the tournament for 5 minutes if the player is not active, the list was cleaned.
rip mpn was ma favor network :(

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No matter how absurd this situation looks, these players in the tournament have the same rights as active players, no matter how they behave at the poker table. Therefore, it is useless to demand that the pokerroom does not treat players equally.:)

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is because they have already registered, maybe they had a problem with the internet. On sites like PokerStars inactive players get their hands folded

I don’t think that they belong to the game, or they have a bad connection with the network. victory and participation are simply not important to them

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's just part of freerolls and micro stakes online poker. At some point you except it for what it is and leverage your skills to take the free chips. You could also try and move up in stakes and the problem is typically solved.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don’t think that they belong to the game, or they have a bad connection with the network. victory and participation are simply not important to them
You are also right about that. But I say this because it happens to me, on many occasions during a tournament I have had problems with the internet. Of course, in my country it happens more often :(