xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all,

So, I bought a new iMac and it is SWEET...BUT...I cannot get Stars to work. It opens but then tells me there is a newer version available and goes to the connecting to server screen and gets stuck. It works just fine on my Mac Book so I have no clue what the problem would be. I have followed all of the trouble shooting steps on the website and emailed tech support...but still no resolution to the problem. Any advice for the talented CC community would be appreciated.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
having this exact same issue. can't figure it out for anything.

Me either and it's been almost 2 weeks and support has not answered my email. I have been playing on my Macbook Pro, so I know their software runs on Mac and I have no issues running it.

Last edited by a moderator:
nikolaevich87

nikolaevich87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mark, check if the stars App has permission to install software? this permission can be obtained in the settings, maybe it will help ...

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play on pokerstars on an iMac all the time Mark. The only suggestion I have is to check that you're not using the software downloaded from pokerstars.com. That would install software which tries to access the pay site which you're not allowed to access from the US. If that's what's happened try downloading the software from pokerstars.net.

That said I have a different problem in that I cannot access the pokerstars.com website in a web browser without using a VPN. I'm in canada and play using the pay software on the pay site all the time (without using a VPN), but cannot access the website.

I've contacted Pokerstars and my ISP and have not found a solution, other than using a VPN. Pokerstars.com is the ONLY website in the world (that I know of) that I can't access.

Last edited:
Mac Poker