Status
Not open for further replies.
PealedPockets

PealedPockets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players (me included) view freerolls as a waste of time and play like donkeys partly to annoy skinflints (like you?) who actually take these tournies seriously.
You have invested NO MONEY to sit in front of your computer for 4-5 HOURS to win A COUPLE OF DOLLARS!! (If you're lucky.)
Treat freerolls with less seriousness and you won't be so disappointed when the inevitable bad beat comes your way.

Amen

PealedPockets

PealedPockets

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would actually like to know the hand. It would help to either ultimately sympathize with you or not :) If you are mad because someone's pocket 10s beat your pocket As, or even if you had someone completely outplayed on the flop or turn, I can sympathize. However, one of the things I have been thinking about lately is how stupid some of the pros look when they act without class. I watched high stakes reruns the other night and Sammy took a $500,000 heads-up pot from one Green---. The sick thing is that Sammy had KK vs. AA preflop. He got extremely lucky. And both players just said: that's poker.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Heraclitus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I know you guys are gonna hate me for this!

On more than 1 occasion, I have admittedly let my

Daughters play in my freeroll...one is 11 the other 14.

I have taught them both to play poker (good dad huh?)

but also the evils of gambling..

I have, when ahead on chips and bored ask them to take over.

I hate just folding....i worked for those chips..so...

If you feel you are playing a 11 year old, friends you just may be...

I'm a horrible person right??

firstly, poker ain't gambling, it's a life skill...

take your daughters to the golf course and teach that too, and you will have raised two corporate CEO's that any man would pursue for marriage...

oh yeah, and arm them to the teeth so you don't have to kill any hormone chasers

DeadoneD1

DeadoneD1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
firstly, poker ain't gambling, it's a life skill...

take your daughters to the golf course and teach that too, and you will have raised two corporate CEO's that any man would pursue for marriage...

oh yeah, and arm them to the teeth so you don't have to kill any hormone chasers

I like you.. stun guns and pepper spray bro

stun guns and pepper spray

B

bruynes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls can be a waste of time, the key is to wait out all the people that dont care, they should be out in the first hour or so, after that you can play the game

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only freerolls I ever play are CC and the WAPT. The level of competition in them is VASTLY superior to yer usual online donkfests.

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker seriously weather I am at a real money table, freeroll, or a play money table. I use the play money tables as practice, and most people do not take them seriously and just go all in with nothing, I have seen the same thing with freeroll tourneys. Kind of makes me mad sometimes, because I ussually end up folding a good hand, not to get beat by a crappy hand.

W

wiggy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
quite the match anyone here gone heads up to solve thier differences

DestroyHands

DestroyHands

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no form of poker is a waste of time!!

:mad: :mad: First off to me no form of poker is awaste of time because even you wanna be superstars who have had a good run of luck can always fine tune your game because you can be beat by anyone anyday, and as far as the bad beats go guy you haven't felt bad beats until you play in real money ring games and buy in tourneys or at final tables when everything is on the line, and since its your money you take it much more harder beleive me, and guess what you won't have a lot of use complaining about donks and fish because at those stakes donks and fish don't have the heart to venture thats why you find them more in freerolls and you'll find a lot more good poker play at the real money levels.:mad: I have had days where i would win over $50 dollars at a ring table and play their for hours on end with the same players and we exchange money back and forth, now thats real action and these are no donks or fish,this is real slow-paced grudging action and not no crap off suited low cards maniac raising lucky draw outs like in a lot of freerolls, but still the freerolls get you prepared for the real action and if you can make it through the donks and fish landmines at the begginning of freerolls you'll see that towards the end the action is great and you'll actually be beaten by better hands the majority of the time, and you'll also win a lot more because real poker players who are experienced knows how to fold rather than chase gold at the end of the rainbow!!!;) Hey if you wanna play with me at aring game than you can catch me on pokerstars, bodog, UltimateBet,Poker4Ever,and Absolute, and FullTilt but i rarely do that one(tryPokerStars SitnGo's and their medium-low buy in guaranteed tourneys of $2-$10!!!), I've won over $500 altoghether in money placings!:D Good Luck to Ya!!;)

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:mad: :mad: First off to me no form of poker is awaste of time because even you wanna be superstars who have had a good run of luck can always fine tune your game because you can be beat by anyone anyday, and as far as the bad beats go guy you haven't felt bad beats until you play in real money ring games and buy in tourneys or at final tables when everything is on the line, and since its your money you take it much more harder beleive me, and guess what you won't have a lot of use complaining about donks and fish because at those stakes donks and fish don't have the heart to venture thats why you find them more in freerolls and you'll find a lot more good poker play at the real money levels.:mad: I have had days where i would win over $50 dollars at a ring table and play their for hours on end with the same players and we exchange money back and forth, now thats real action and these are no donks or fish,this is real slow-paced grudging action and not no crap off suited low cards maniac raising lucky draw outs like in a lot of freerolls, but still the freerolls get you prepared for the real action and if you can make it through the donks and fish landmines at the begginning of freerolls you'll see that towards the end the action is great and you'll actually be beaten by better hands the majority of the time, and you'll also win a lot more because real poker players who are experienced knows how to fold rather than chase gold at the end of the rainbow!!!;) Hey if you wanna play with me at aring game than you can catch me on PokerStars, Bodog, UltimateBet,Poker4Ever,and Absolute, and FullTilt but i rarely do that one(tryPokerStars SitnGo's and their medium-low buy in guaranteed tourneys of $2-$10!!!), I've won over $500 altoghether in money placings!:D Good Luck to Ya!!;)

you are right about one thing, no poker experience is a waste of time. everybody can use some fine tuning.

just because this particular thread is about a shitty freeroll experience doesn't mean that i or or many other of the posters have never played real cash games. trust me i have played many, online and brick and mortar. perhaps you have some unigue ability to pick the good tables to play on because i've encountered donks at every level i've played at. our wsop champion, jamie gold is the cream of the crop. some of them do get lucky enough to go far and even win a few. i hadn't played a freeroll in over a year, with the exception of the CC one i played last month. i only started playing them again last month out of boredom.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the warning i was going to check that out but probably not now

don't let my bad experience stop you from playing it, by all means try it out. you may find that you like it.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"
OK WAIT! if everyone knew how to play, where would ur money? also the play money is for the people who dont know how to play so dont complain about donks when ur in donkcity, finally...if u cant beat a donk, who can u beat?

umm, where would ur money, what does that mean. also play money tables are not just for people that don't know how to play. a lot of times i'll sit at a play money table a half hour before i start a tourney just to warm up, sometimes just for fun, because i started playing the game because it's fun.

i suppose you've beaten every donk that's come your way.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would actually like to know the hand. It would help to either ultimately sympathize with you or not :) If you are mad because someone's pocket 10s beat your pocket As, or even if you had someone completely outplayed on the flop or turn, I can sympathize. However, one of the things I have been thinking about lately is how stupid some of the pros look when they act without class. I watched high stakes reruns the other night and Sammy took a $500,000 heads-up pot from one Green---. The sick thing is that Sammy had KK vs. AA preflop. He got extremely lucky. And both players just said: that's poker.

it was the third hour of the tourney, i hadn't played a hand in about a half an hour except for when i could see the flop in the blinds. was getting cold cards. i patiently waited for a good hand to steal the blinds and continue waiting for a better hand. i should say that in the previous hour i had pocket K's and raised 4 times the big bet, which was 150 and got called by a player holding J6. needless the say he caught a straight and won. i took a sever hit to my stack. back to the hand. i was short stacked at the table, about 2000 grand less than the next person, got pocket jacks, went all in, (again, everybody that had an ounce of poker knowledge knew i had a hand since i hadn't played a hand in quite a while, and they all folded,) i firmly believe that is the only play i had at that point. got called by a guy holding 43 off suit. 43 off suit, he sucked out on the river for a straight.

Seraphi

Seraphi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well u can say that freerolls are a joke but i won 2 railbird 200 guarrantees
within 3 days of each other each one paid 44 bucks so that is a total of 89 dollars. Now minimum deposit on full tilt is 50 bucks and i made 80 so
something tells me those wins were not LUCK
yes there is luck involved in freerolls, its just good players need alot less

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You might get more responses if you post in a more recent thread;)

TWiTCHaH

TWiTCHaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread is very funny.. I can't believe people take the time to write a 3-4 paragraph story about how they get knocked out in a freeroll. Or about how the quality of play isn't top notch, IN A FREEROLL.

You seriously have nothing better to do? So very sad.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My theory on the original post is that he had a lot of time in the game, thought he had a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good hand - went all in - got beat. I NEVER go all in unless I know I have the nuts! Or try to buy one. Or playing against someone I know is a donk. anyway, if ya got beat, ya got beat! Happens all the time. Next time (ESPECIALLY IN A FREEROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Don't go all in. Period. Unless you know you absolutely have the nuts. Just my theory on the hand that was played and my opinion on playing in freerolls.

roland cote

roland cote

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wrote the above before finishing reading the rest of the thread. FINALLY, at the end of the thread I found I was correct. Now I don't have to be embarrased. /smiley

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, everyone knows that this thread is over a year old, right? OP's views on freerolls may have changed since then...

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's always funny to me when i go back and read some of my old posts. philthy is right though, my views on freerolls have changed a bit since i posted this thread over a year ago. lol. back then, that's all that i was playing. i havn't played a freeroll that doesn't have the cardschat name attached to it since, at least that i can remember.

malice777

malice777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in a lot of freerolls on many sites,i dont play them for the money as the payouts are usually pretty small amounts,i play them for practice and as such i treat them very seriously,after all you dont improve at anything if you dont practice well,i have won 2 1600 player freerolls and been on final tables a fair few times,the way to deal with the early donks is to keep away from them,dont get drawn in to their style of play,fold those pocket jacks if 3 players push all in and bide your time as the game settles and the donks get eliminated as they innevitably do you will see the proper game start to develop usually after the first break, if you can survive till then picking up the odd decent pot on the way you can start loosening up a bit but still be careful of the odd donk who managed to luck their way through,as you get close to the bubble tighten up a little but take advantage when possible of the low stacks who will be desperate to double up.. Does that make sense to ya??

K

krth1985

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
correct me if im wrong but isnt poker about winning? So if i raise 500 with nothing knowing that you wont call, and take the pot, that isnt poker? Have you not seen Sam Farha play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freeroll Passwords Bodog Poker - Bodog PT - Bodog ES - Bovada