Im getting very depressed (not about variance or bad luck)

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also don't think the OP is talking about serious depression, he is young and that's just his way of explaining how bad
I don't know if you missed it, but he posted that he is 'very depressed', and the whole post was extremely mellow-dramatic.

Also your post is very cute. Reminded me of when I used to help my little sister in the 3rd grade get through her English homework. :love:

Last edited:
jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if you missed it, but he posted that he is 'very depressed', and the whole post was extremely mellow-dramatic.

Also your post is very cute. Reminded me of when I used to help my little sister in 3rd grade get through her English homework. :love:
I read it but that's why I said young.
I strive for cuteness and if I can help just one 3rd grader it will all be worth it :love:

ps... you're coming up on a year here and your profile is still bare.
break down and share a little and if you play poker somewhere please include any poker site usernames.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ps... you're coming up on a year here and your profile is still bare.
break down and share a little and if you play poker somewhere please include any poker site usernames.
Nah. You have fun losing money and trolling ok.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are lots of profitable players also who dosnt understand that they are not that good what they think, and its gonna be reality check also for them at som point.
I was reading a article the other day and apparently psychologists came to the conclusion that people of low intelligence like jaymfc (aka upay4myweed on GG and yomomma420 on replay), actually believe they are good at things when they aren't. However people of high intelligence often believe that they are bad at things they are actually good at.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Come play some freerolls and we will teach you how to play!
I was reading a article the other day and apparently psychologists came to the conclusion that people of low intelligence like jaymfc (aka upay4myweed on GG and yomomma420 on replay), actually believe they are good at things when they aren't. However people of high intelligence often believe that they are bad at things they are actually good at.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play betonline and love heads up!
You can choose the bet!

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can choose the bet!
If you want to play put a couple hundred on ACR and we can play PLO25 heads up if you want and probably both bleed money to the rake.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have plenty money on ACR! Time and place?

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah. You have fun losing money and trolling ok.
lol I thought we were getting along good and then you start calling me rude names o_O
did you not comprehend the FREEROLL part?
now I'm depressed :cautious:
they may have had me in mind when they wrote that :confused:
I have never claimed to be smart or good at poker. I actually think I'm terrible and that's why I still play freerolls :eek:
OMG does that mean I'm smart? whoda thunk it (y)
oh and yo momma pays for my weed :ROFLMAO:
lol, if only I didn't live in Ontario :(.
You can choose the bet!
be careful, you may be talking to a highly intelligent poker pro.
why else would he be here if he doesn't play freerolls and already knows everything about poker?

If you want to play put a couple hundred on ACR and we can play PLO25 heads up if you want and probably both bleed money to the rake.
we have some free games if you just want to show your skills ScreenHunter 8174 Jan 04 1512

Have plenty money on ACR! Time and place?
don't feed the trolls, he will get back to you :ROFLMAO:
I really did think we got along great with different opinions till you started calling names so you could be right about low intelligence :mad:

Last edited:
Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You and Perry just dance around the line and take jabs and try to bait people and get under their skin in various ways. I will play Perry, doesn't really prove anything, will be funny if I win. As a professional gambler he should know that playing a few hands of heads up doesn't really mean anything. He should also know how brutal the rake is when you play heads up Poker on the lower stakes. Even if he was better than me at PLO (probably isn't), he would still be losing money and time to the rake.

It's just a ridiculous proposition. But I will play him next time I deposit on ACR because I have a feeling, Perry might not be as good as he thinks he is. The last few times I have played people like this, they have lost and raged out in chat, and I laughed so hard at my computer. The one kid started calling me the F word and probably got banned lol. It's so classic.

If trying to annoy people is how you get your kicks in life, so be it dude. I don't care. It's like whatever dude.

The only reason I even commented on this post was to try and help someone steer away from a hobby that is very likely to cause him to be miserable. I don't even understand why you and Perry are obviously mad lol.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You have it wrong! I’m not mad at all! Come play in the CC freerolls! Have some fun!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You and Perry just dance around the line and take jabs and try to bait people and get under their skin in various ways. I will play Perry, doesn't really prove anything, will be funny if I win. As a professional gambler he should know that playing a few hands of heads up doesn't really mean anything. He should also know how brutal the rake is when you play heads up Poker on the lower stakes. Even if he was better than me at PLO (probably isn't), he would still be losing money and time to the rake.

It's just a ridiculous proposition. But I will play him next time I deposit on ACR because I have a feeling, Perry might not be as good as he thinks he is. The last few times I have played people like this, they have lost and raged out in chat, and I laughed so hard at my computer. The one kid started calling me the F word and probably got banned lol. It's so classic.

If trying to annoy people is how you get your kicks in life, so be it dude. I don't care. It's like whatever dude.

The only reason I even commented on this post was to try and help someone steer away from a hobby that is very likely to cause him to be miserable. I don't even understand why you and Perry are obviously mad lol.
well as I explained, I had no idea we were arguing until you started calling me names.
I stated that I understand you were trying to help and that we just had different opinions,
so I had no clue I was a troll of low intelligence until you pointed it out.

I agree that playing HU won't prove anything, you were just being so rude he wanted to punish you (I assume).
perry is a very good poker player but have I explained to you that we are in a freeroll forum!
may I ask without offense what we have to offer that has kept you here this long?

your first post to OP was annoying but I never got annoyed or angry, just gave my opinion period.
I'm sorry you were offended, it was not my intention.
you called me a low-intelligence troll and that's when I felt the need to prove you right.
I hold no hard feelings and would like to see you join us anytime.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread as devolved quite a bit lol.

My advice to OP would be if you're no longer having fun playing poker for whatever reason, take a few week break. If after coming back you're still not enjoying yourself it might be best to walk away for a longer period or maybe even all together as it's meant to be fun.

If you want to do things to mitigate risk of being denied a withdrawal, try withdrawing a small portion of your $ and see if it goes through. Also if you are unsure about the trustworthiness of a site, you don't need to keep all your bankroll on that site. I'm not sure what options are available to you as an American but I use an e-wallet as well as crypto to hold the portion of my bankroll I don't want to risk putting on a sketch site. About half of my money I have ear marked as my bankroll for US friendly sites is in crypto.

But I would say I don't believe RNGs are rigged to make bigger pots. The ultimate bet scandal was pretty scummy but it originated from the top, and it was used to scam high rollers. I don't think it's something you need to worry about at 200NL or $55s and $109s, I would be more worried about people having Pio or GTO Wiz open to be honest

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I put $35 in my everygame account I has them when they were intertops

(Playing tournament poker)
Got up to $100ish and played horrible down to $4 and I went to look in the mirror and tell my self to straighten up. I did. I got up to about $115

I feel like I have gotten alot better than I used to be. And discipline and patience used to lack more. But then...

I for some reason end up on trustpilot and seeing almost every freaking person say everygame won't let them withdraw.

I tried to ignore it and was doing good but it was in th back of my mind. I went on tilt a little and I'm at $80 and I'm wondering if it's just play money.

I had $20 I put on betonline. I recently had some bad beats and from what I've seen they have a sketchy history but have "cleaned up"
I don't trust the rng all the way and playing there sounds a little sketchy but I have withdrew before so that's all I have. I'm in America the land of the free sometimes

I went from last week thinking if I really focus hard and play at my bankroll I could after all these years make something of this. I know $4 wasn't a legit bankroll at the time. Now it is.

But this week I'm depressed. I'm thinking all the hours grinding on these tournaments was wasted if I can't withdraw.

And my only choice is to play on a site that I can only hope is now legit but may just be a suck out (not to mention there are very little $1.10 tournaments and $20 isn't really a legit bankroll either)

I'm going to try to focus and build a bankroll up on there and hope for the best I guess. My Id is expired so I can't withdraw on everygame rn anyway and who knows about the future.

Why can't it just be poker. I've studied. I've learned. I've lost. For the first time a couple weeks ago I felt like something clicked on and I thought this can be your job if you focus. I've really been on my A game

And now maybe it was just hours of play money.

I'm sick of hearing about pokerstars and all these sites advertised all over pokersites and then shut out so many people. It's not on them but.

I in no way think I'm better than someone like Daniel Negreanu but I'm also a grinder and I'm always getting better.
But I could literally learn everything about the game and be better than him and I still couldn't make a dime if I'm playing on sites that won't pay or have a screwed up rng in their favor

(And it is a legit concern. There are plenty of poker sites that don't exist anymore that have cheated. An apparently still some around that just change their name and don't pay out)

Please please please someone tell me I'm wrong. Please tell me I haven't studied this game and actually gotten somewhere with it just to only not even be able to use the skill cause my country represents fake freedom.

I need someone to tell me that some mad dude wrote 100s of reviews slandering everygame and it isn't really true.

And one more question. Why in the hell don't we have a sample history of all sites saying the percentages

Example
Intertops pocket A's do win about 80% of the time shown from data taken over the last 5 years

Betonline - 80%

Americas card room - 25% ( heard alot of bad about them lol)

It's hard to believe no one has a sample of some of these sites to make sure the percentages are coming out accurate. Or does such a thing exist?

Thank you for letting me rant and any comments will be helpful.

I'm really trying guys but how can I play comfortably when I have so much in my head about not even getting paid if I win?

It's just hard. I feel like I've wasted my time and it hurts because I have improved alot but that may not even matter
Hey bro, I think you are exaggerating or overthinking some things. Regarding whether you can live from poker, of course you can. I myself lived 4 years of it without becoming a recognized professional. Just look around, do you see someone making a living from poker? yes, then you can do it too. If you make clear what is necessary, some will say that it is talent, others effort and hard work. As in most professions, those with talent have a plus, but if you don't put in the necessary hours you won't get anywhere. Any number of hours put into effort can equal or exceed talent, that's the reality. So anyone can do it if he wants it bad enough and worked for it.

Regarding betting sites, you shouldn't jump to conclusions before trying to withdraw and find out if this site has denied your payment or not. In case you have been touched by a company of this type (which is quite rare, I would say, that in my playing career I have never seen it). You can only learn from it and start over, through CC freerolls and in more recognized rooms such as pokerstars or GGPoker.

Regarding the RNG, there is no point in worrying about this either. Think about the business model of each poker room and how they make money, and you will realize that their main source of income comes from the commissions that are charged in each tournament or cash table. This is why they don't care about influencing the result. In addition to risking their entire reputation, for what? Favor someone in particular?
I think you're looking for too many turns on the issue, instead of facing poker without excuses, knowing that it only depends on you. Isn't it true that if you fail it will be a harder blow? Well assume it. take the reins and stop looking for excuses or external culprits... because deep down that projects your own insecurity.

Good luck.

N

Nuts2727

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played at Everygame for about 2 months. I got my balance over $1000 and decide to make my first withdrawal just see how smoothly it would go. I sent in the required documents and after getting the runaround for about a week and sending the documents twice, they finally email. The email said they didn't accept players from my state any longer and my account would be closed and funds confiscated. That is exactly what they did, just kept my money and I can no longer log in. This happened about 6 months ago. I even posted on Cards Chat about it. I definitely would not recommend playing there. If you are looking for a smaller site with about the same amount of traffic as Everygame, then I would recommend SWC poker. It's literally about the same, same amount of traffic and same amount of maniacs. I have a theory that these smaller sites attract maniacs, since they always have a legit chance of winning a 30 player tournament. On any given major site that us USA players can play, I would say that in general, the players are pretty good and you get the occasional maniac at the table. At sites like Everygame and SWC, at least half the players(or more) are just straight up maniacs. You get to know the good and the bad regs pretty quickly. The rest is just a slew of maniacs.

Last edited:
W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry, but how can you, living in the USA, where the average salary is several thousand dollars, be upset about $100, it's as if I was upset about losing $5, I don't understand you guys, isn't it better to go to work and get this $ 100 in a few hours than to spend your time playing on micro limits and hoping to earn money, which should be enough for one refueling of the car and buying a couple of bottles of cola...

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played at Everygame for about 2 months. I got my balance over $1000 and decide to make my first withdrawal just see how smoothly it would go. I sent in the required documents and after getting the runaround for about a week and sending the documents twice, they finally email. The email said they didn't accept players from my state any longer and my account would be closed and funds confiscated. That is exactly what they did, just kept my money and I can no longer log in. This happened about 6 months ago. I even posted on Cards Chat about it. I definitely would not recommend playing there. If you are looking for a smaller site with about the same amount of traffic as Everygame, then I would recommend SWC poker. It's literally about the same, same amount of traffic and same amount of maniacs. I have a theory that these smaller sites attract maniacs, since they always have a legit chance of winning a 30 player tournament. On any given major site that us USA players can play, I would say that in general, the players are pretty good and you get the occasional maniac at the table. At sites like Everygame and SWC, at least half the players(or more) are just straight up maniacs. You get to know the good and the bad regs pretty quickly. The rest is just a slew of maniacs.
I'd be contacting their regulators along with your local congressman. These sites might skirt around laws and claim that the bets aren't being placed within the United States or whatever other country they are actually being placed in the Caymon Islands on a server, but in reality once they start blatantly stealing from people, they are inevitably going to get wrecked over time.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't understand people, who get depressed over little things. Life is beautiful friend, look around! You're wasting time on useless calculations and useless words here. It is better to spend this time learning poker, and you will understand how wrong you were.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
So I put $35 in my everygame account I has them when they were intertops

(Playing tournament poker)
Got up to $100ish and played horrible down to $4 and I went to look in the mirror and tell my self to straighten up. I did. I got up to about $115

I feel like I have gotten alot better than I used to be. And discipline and patience used to lack more. But then...

I for some reason end up on trustpilot and seeing almost every freaking person say everygame won't let them withdraw.

I tried to ignore it and was doing good but it was in th back of my mind. I went on tilt a little and I'm at $80 and I'm wondering if it's just play money.

I had $20 I put on betonline. I recently had some bad beats and from what I've seen they have a sketchy history but have "cleaned up"
I don't trust the rng all the way and playing there sounds a little sketchy but I have withdrew before so that's all I have. I'm in America the land of the free sometimes

I went from last week thinking if I really focus hard and play at my bankroll I could after all these years make something of this. I know $4 wasn't a legit bankroll at the time. Now it is.

But this week I'm depressed. I'm thinking all the hours grinding on these tournaments was wasted if I can't withdraw.

And my only choice is to play on a site that I can only hope is now legit but may just be a suck out (not to mention there are very little $1.10 tournaments and $20 isn't really a legit bankroll either)

I'm going to try to focus and build a bankroll up on there and hope for the best I guess. My Id is expired so I can't withdraw on everygame rn anyway and who knows about the future.

Why can't it just be poker. I've studied. I've learned. I've lost. For the first time a couple weeks ago I felt like something clicked on and I thought this can be your job if you focus. I've really been on my A game

And now maybe it was just hours of play money.

I'm sick of hearing about pokerstars and all these sites advertised all over pokersites and then shut out so many people. It's not on them but.

I in no way think I'm better than someone like Daniel Negreanu but I'm also a grinder and I'm always getting better.
But I could literally learn everything about the game and be better than him and I still couldn't make a dime if I'm playing on sites that won't pay or have a screwed up rng in their favor

(And it is a legit concern. There are plenty of poker sites that don't exist anymore that have cheated. An apparently still some around that just change their name and don't pay out)

Please please please someone tell me I'm wrong. Please tell me I haven't studied this game and actually gotten somewhere with it just to only not even be able to use the skill cause my country represents fake freedom.

I need someone to tell me that some mad dude wrote 100s of reviews slandering everygame and it isn't really true.

And one more question. Why in the hell don't we have a sample history of all sites saying the percentages

Example
Intertops pocket A's do win about 80% of the time shown from data taken over the last 5 years

Betonline - 80%

Americas card room - 25% ( heard alot of bad about them lol)

It's hard to believe no one has a sample of some of these sites to make sure the percentages are coming out accurate. Or does such a thing exist?

Thank you for letting me rant and any comments will be helpful.

I'm really trying guys but how can I play comfortably when I have so much in my head about not even getting paid if I win?

It's just hard. I feel like I've wasted my time and it hurts because I have improved alot but that may not even matter
Didn't read must of this but harsh times... You won't see good players putting up comments like this when they get bad beats....

Guess why?

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was watching a Jnandez video today where he was stating that some people are not wired correctly to be a successful Poker player. I was second guessing myself a bit with some of the backlash I got from people when I said I didn't think anybody could become a winning player.

Obviously Jnandez's word isn't set in stone, but I think it's probably good advice. Especially if someone keeps working at it and hasn't figured it out after a significant period of time.

Not saying the OP can't become a winning player, was just saying his post seemed very nooby to me and appears to be a far way away from profitability from my perspective. Mostly was just saying I don't think he should pursue something when potentially losing $100 makes him feel depressed.