Im getting very depressed (not about variance or bad luck)

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I put $35 in my everygame account I has them when they were intertops

(Playing tournament poker)
Got up to $100ish and played horrible down to $4 and I went to look in the mirror and tell my self to straighten up. I did. I got up to about $115

I feel like I have gotten alot better than I used to be. And discipline and patience used to lack more. But then...

I for some reason end up on trustpilot and seeing almost every freaking person say everygame won't let them withdraw.

I tried to ignore it and was doing good but it was in th back of my mind. I went on tilt a little and I'm at $80 and I'm wondering if it's just play money.

I had $20 I put on betonline. I recently had some bad beats and from what I've seen they have a sketchy history but have "cleaned up"
I don't trust the rng all the way and playing there sounds a little sketchy but I have withdrew before so that's all I have. I'm in America the land of the free sometimes

I went from last week thinking if I really focus hard and play at my bankroll I could after all these years make something of this. I know $4 wasn't a legit bankroll at the time. Now it is.

But this week I'm depressed. I'm thinking all the hours grinding on these tournaments was wasted if I can't withdraw.

And my only choice is to play on a site that I can only hope is now legit but may just be a suck out (not to mention there are very little $1.10 tournaments and $20 isn't really a legit bankroll either)

I'm going to try to focus and build a bankroll up on there and hope for the best I guess. My Id is expired so I can't withdraw on everygame rn anyway and who knows about the future.

Why can't it just be poker. I've studied. I've learned. I've lost. For the first time a couple weeks ago I felt like something clicked on and I thought this can be your job if you focus. I've really been on my A game

And now maybe it was just hours of play money.

I'm sick of hearing about pokerstars and all these sites advertised all over pokersites and then shut out so many people. It's not on them but.

I in no way think I'm better than someone like Daniel Negreanu but I'm also a grinder and I'm always getting better.
But I could literally learn everything about the game and be better than him and I still couldn't make a dime if I'm playing on sites that won't pay or have a screwed up rng in their favor

(And it is a legit concern. There are plenty of poker sites that don't exist anymore that have cheated. An apparently still some around that just change their name and don't pay out)

Please please please someone tell me I'm wrong. Please tell me I haven't studied this game and actually gotten somewhere with it just to only not even be able to use the skill cause my country represents fake freedom.

I need someone to tell me that some mad dude wrote 100s of reviews slandering everygame and it isn't really true.

And one more question. Why in the hell don't we have a sample history of all sites saying the percentages

Example
Intertops pocket A's do win about 80% of the time shown from data taken over the last 5 years

Betonline - 80%

Americas card room - 25% ( heard alot of bad about them lol)

It's hard to believe no one has a sample of some of these sites to make sure the percentages are coming out accurate. Or does such a thing exist?

Thank you for letting me rant and any comments will be helpful.

I'm really trying guys but how can I play comfortably when I have so much in my head about not even getting paid if I win?

It's just hard. I feel like I've wasted my time and it hurts because I have improved alot but that may not even matter

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard of a poker site not paying out in recent memory.

I think you should understand though that Poker should be played as a pass time or just here and there for fun probably not a career or way to make money.

Only like sub 10% of people even generate a profit, and then an even smaller slice of that number generate a profit which respects their invested time.

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never heard of a Poker Site not paying out in recent memory.

I think you should understand though that Poker should be played as a pass time or just here and there for fun probably not a career or way to make money.

Only like sub 10% of people even generate a profit, and then an even smaller slice of that number generate a profit which respects their invested time.
I appreciate your comments but I highly disagree.

If you have the dedication and make it a goal I firmly believe you can make it a career.

There are lots of people who have it wasn't easy but I've been studying for a long time.
Daniel Negreanu has a poker class
Lots of the are out there (not all legit of course)
To teach people how to get their start.

It is a possibility and keep in mind that if yhe poker greats of today thought of It only as a pass time event most wouldn't be where they are today.

Imo it's just the wrong attitude to have. If you think of it that way that is how it will stay for you.

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it's happened to me, it feels like you don't know how to play poker.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate your comments but I highly disagree.

If you have the dedication and make it a goal I firmly believe you can make it a career.

There are lots of people who have it wasn't easy but I've been studying for a long time.
Daniel Negreanu has a poker class
Lots of the are out there (not all legit of course)
To teach people how to get their start.

It is a possibility and keep in mind that if yhe poker greats of today thought of It only as a pass time event most wouldn't be where they are today.

Imo it's just the wrong attitude to have. If you think of it that way that is how it will stay for you.
Let me explain something to you, my primary income is from Poker. I am not someone who is a losing player or doesn't know how to study or grind.

That said, these guys create training courses because they obviously don't like playing Poker. They rather train other people how to play Poker so they don't have play as much themselves. That really says something about the 'Poker Dream'.

A lot of these guys say that anyone can learn how to be a 'winning' player. I'm not sure I agree, because the huge portions of these guys EV come from something that logic and math can't explain that well. It basically chalks up to gut instinct.

Some people have it, other's don't.

Either way, here are my red flags which tell me that you almost certainly don't have the skill set to be successful in this field (at least right now).

-your hinting at the fact you don't feel like the RNG might be on point
-you are worried that sites won't pay you out if you win
-you are playing for very low sums of money thinking that you can make a living off of it (you can't, you can train in microstakes but at the end of the day you won't make more than a few hundred a month playing at these stakes).
-you are getting depressed over a hundred dollars when in this career you are basically required to swing thousands of dollars up and down just to get a decent wage
-you have stated you started playing 'bad', you can't do that as a 'winning' player, you basically always need to be playing good as your profit margins are very thin, you need to be mentally on point at basically all times. It takes very few mistakes to go from a 'winning' to a 'losing' player.

This career/lifestyle does not seem like a good fit for you. I am just going to come out and say that. I performed very well in card/strategy games my entire life. I have gotten to Masters in SC2, I went to the provincials for chess, I decimated my peers in various TCG's, and I have somehow managed to make a good chunk of change playing Poker.

Now what I am saying to you might sound mean, and might sound heart breaking if you are hoping for a big pay day in relation to Poker, but I am telling you, you are far far from the goal, you might never hit the goal, and there are way better things in life than to dick around with this card game, ESPECIALLY if it makes you feel depressed.

You might (and probably don't), have the aptitude for this. Not many people do. If you aren't having a good time, find something else to invest your time in. It's not worth the stress, trust me.

Last edited:
Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You may lose money, but the experience you gained will stay with you forever. Put aside doubts and just do what brings you pleasure. Life is too short to waste it on anxiety and depression.

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me explain something to you, my primary income is from Poker. I am not someone who is a losing player or doesn't know how to study or grind.

That said, these guys create training courses because they obviously don't like playing Poker. They rather train other people how to play Poker so they don't have play as much themselves. That really says something about the 'Poker Dream'.

A lot of these guys say that anyone can learn how to be a 'winning' player. I'm not sure I agree, because the huge portions of these guys EV come from something that logic and math can't explain that well. It basically chalks up to gut instinct.

Some people have it, other's don't.

Either way, here are my red flags which tell me that you almost certainly don't have the skill set to be successful in this field (at least right now).

-your hinting at the fact you don't feel like the RNG might be on point
-you are worried that sites won't pay you out if you win
-you are playing for very low sums of money thinking that you can make a living off of it (you can't, you can train in microstakes but at the end of the day you won't make more than a few hundred a month playing at these stakes).
-you are getting depressed over a hundred dollars when in this career you are basically required to swing thousands of dollars up and down just to get a decent wage
-you have stated you started playing 'bad', you can't do that as a 'winning' player, you basically always need to be playing good as your profit margins are very thin, you need to be mentally on point at basically all times. It takes very few mistakes to go from a 'winning' to a 'losing' player.

This career/lifestyle does not seem like a good fit for you. I am just going to come out and say that. I performed very well in card/strategy games my entire life. I have gotten to Masters in SC2, I went to the provincials for chess, I decimated my peers in various TCG's, and I have somehow managed to make a good chunk of change playing Poker.

Now what I am saying to you might sound mean, and might sound heart breaking if you are hoping for a big pay day in relation to Poker, but I am telling you, you are far far from the goal, you might never hit the goal, and there are way better things in life than to dick around with this card game, ESPECIALLY if it makes you feel depressed.

You might (and probably don't), have the aptitude for this. Not many people do. If you aren't having a good time, find something else to invest your time in. It's not worth the stress, trust me.
Think of what you are saying which is basically

I did it but you probably can't . What an egotistical thing to say lol

To be fair you don't know me or anything about me.

- I stated I don't know about the RNG because they have done crooked things in the past (this is documented and well known so excuse me for worrying lol) and yes lots of poker sites have been accused of cheating

- almost every review on trustpilot said they couldn't get their money out so yea that worries me a bit again excuse me for taking rh information I have and thinking their might be something to it

- Chris Ferguson made $10000 on only freerolls and Microstakes. Don't tell me it can't be done especially by me who you don't know. If he had your attitude he wouldn't/couldn't have

- we all have to start somewhere I'll play with what I have it's the only choice I have (see above)

- climbing from $4 to $100 just to find out you may not be able to withdraw is depressing.
I took the small amount I had and turned it into a.banroll excuse me if it isn't big enough for your liking lmao

-congratulations on your achievements but they do not reflect whether I can make it or not

-I already won my first tournament on betonline. Just a bankroll builder Still have a small bankroll. Doesn't matter and your opinion thankfully doesn't dictate my life. Slow building is better than no building

-don't tell me something can't be done when it has be proven it is possible. I'm glad you apparently got to start out with lots of money since you're so against Microstakes but tournaments not everyone is in that situation

- I asked more for your opinion on the sites not my poker career or yours

Thanks

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may lose money, but the experience you gained will stay with you forever. Put aside doubts and just do what brings you pleasure. Life is too short to waste it on anxiety and depression.
True I mean it's a hard situation rn but all I can do is grind. Thankfully I had a decent enough state of mind to win a small bankroll builder tourny so. Keep grinding

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of what you are saying which is basically

I did it but you probably can't . What an egotistical thing to say lol

To be fair you don't know me or anything about me.

- I stated I don't know about the RNG because they have done crooked things in the past (this is documented and well known so excuse me for worrying lol) and yes lots of poker sites have been accused of cheating

- almost every review on trustpilot said they couldn't get their money out so yea that worries me a bit again excuse me for taking rh information I have and thinking their might be something to it

- Chris Ferguson made $10000 on only freerolls and Microstakes. Don't tell me it can't be done especially by me who you don't know. If he had your attitude he wouldn't/couldn't have

- we all have to start somewhere I'll play with what I have it's the only choice I have (see above)

- climbing from $4 to $100 just to find out you may not be able to withdraw is depressing.
I took the small amount I had and turned it into a.banroll excuse me if it isn't big enough for your liking lmao

-congratulations on your achievements but they do not reflect whether I can make it or not

-I already won my first tournament on betonline. Just a bankroll builder Still have a small bankroll. Doesn't matter and your opinion thankfully doesn't dictate my life. Slow building is better than no building

-don't tell me something can't be done when it has be proven it is possible. I'm glad you apparently got to start out with lots of money since you're so against Microstakes but tournaments not everyone is in that situation

- I asked more for your opinion on the sites not my poker career or yours

Thanks
I am going to address most of your points because I think it is important you realize what you are doing is essentially a waste of time and will likely only cost you money and frustration.

1) No Poker Site has ever been proven to alter the RNG to accommodate fish or juice up pots.

2) The fact that this worries you shows that you are inexperienced and are fresh enough into this where you can just cut your losses and find a new hobby/passion/job to sink your time into.

3) Chris Ferguson is a world class player and it still took him almost 2 years to complete that challenge, for most people this is not a realistic goal. I'm reading that it took him 7 months to get $6.50.

4) The amount isn't the issue, it's your expectations to the amount. If you stated you were playing micro stakes as a proof of concept to see if you were capable of winning and then using your results to justify trying to hit up a higher stake and grind a decently hourly, I would say that's not a bad idea. However that's not what your saying. Your expectations are inevitably going to set you up for disappointment.

5) Winning a random tournament doesn't mean much on it's own.

6) I never started with a lot of money and ended up making a bank roll training on micro stakes. But the purpose was to train, not to make a good hourly.

Lastly it's not that I believe I am superior to anyone, it's that I understand I have a certain skill set that other people don't have. I read your post, I don't think you have the correct skill set. I identify this by your lack of knowledge and misunderstanding of how the game works. Someone who is well educated and knows the in and outs of Poker doesn't come on and say they think the money is play money because trust pilot says some random site isn't paying a guy out.

A person who knows what they are doing doesn't come on and say they don't entirely trust the RNG of the sites

A person who knows what they are doing doesn't lose a bunch of money, look in the mirror, tells them to smarten up at 4$ and then proceeds to get incredibly lucky and get up to $104. Tournament Poker doesn't work that way lol. Cash games don't either. You can't just look in the mirror and all of a sudden start running good.

This isn't a terrible idea, but the whole picture you are painting, is of someone who doesn't really understand the game, or is even attacking the game in a way of logic or understanding. You're just a guy saying random guy things. You do not have the skill set as of now to be a winning player for any meaningful amount of money.

Also you may never have that skill set, people are born with different skills and different abilities.

However, I am not telling you that you cannot achieve profitability with Poker, all I am telling you is that if the game is making you feel depressed, or the sites, or whatever, then to consider doing something else with your time.

Having expectations and attaching how you feel internally to a game that is heavily influenced on sheer luck, is not good.

Last edited:
Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going do a follow up post to help you decide whether you are truly ready as well to be successful at poker as well.

Do I think of my play in ranges or in specific hands?
Am I getting the best possible rake back deal?
Do I understand what my optimal pre-flop ranges should look like and how to exploit non-optimal ranges?
Do I understand what a players stats look if they are playing optimally and how to exploit non-optimal stats (VPIP, 3bet, 4bet, PFR, FCB, CB, Donk, W$$D. Afq)?
Do I have a good system of marking players and taking notes?
Do my betting sizes make sense and fit into a solid range construction?
Do I make decisions based on what hands I block/unblock?
Do I know how to use tools like ProPoker tools or equity calculators to explore if I made the correct decision in a spot?
Do I understand concepts like pot odds and fold equity?

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am going to address most of your points because I think it is important you realize what you are doing is essentially a waste of time and will likely only cost you money and frustration.

1) No Poker Site has ever been proven to alter the RNG to accommodate fish or juice up pots.

2) The fact that this worries you shows that you are inexperienced and are fresh enough into this where you can just cut your losses and find a new hobby/passion/job to sink your time into.

3) Chris Ferguson is a world class player and it still took him almost 2 years to complete that challenge, for most people this is not a realistic goal. I'm reading that it took him 7 months to get $6.50.

4) The amount isn't the issue, it's your expectations to the amount. If you stated you were playing micro stakes as a proof of concept to see if you were capable of winning and then using your results to justify trying to hit up a higher stake and grind a decently hourly, I would say that's not a bad idea. However that's not what your saying. Your expectations are inevitably going to set you up for disappointment.

5) Winning a random tournament doesn't mean much on it's own.

6) I never started with a lot of money and ended up making a bank roll training on micro stakes. But the purpose was to train, not to make a good hourly.

Lastly it's not that I believe I am superior to anyone, it's that I understand I have a certain skill set that other people don't have. I read your post, I don't think you have the correct skill set. I identify this by your lack of knowledge and misunderstanding of how the game works. Someone who is well educated and knows the in and outs of Poker doesn't come on and say they think the money is play money because trust pilot says some random site isn't paying a guy out.

A person who knows what they are doing doesn't come on and say they don't entirely trust the RNG of the sites

A person who knows what they are doing doesn't lose a bunch of money, look in the mirror, tells them to smarten up at 4$ and then proceeds to get incredibly lucky and get up to $104. Tournament Poker doesn't work that way lol. Cash games don't either. You can't just look in the mirror and all of a sudden start running good.

This isn't a terrible idea, but the whole picture you are painting, is of someone who doesn't really understand the game, or is even attacking the game in a way of logic or understanding. You're just a guy saying random guy things. You do not have the skill set as of now to be a winning player for any meaningful amount of money.

Also you may never have that skill set, people are born with different skills and different abilities.

However, I am not telling you that you cannot achieve profitability with Poker, all I am telling you is that if the game is making you feel depressed, or the sites, or whatever, then to consider doing something else with your time.

Having expectations and attaching how you feel internally to a game that is heavily influenced on sheer luck, is not good.
1. Absolute poker. Ultimate Bet. Acr. All have been accused of cheating. full tilt poker didn't play payers.
Having knowledge that it does happen especially when you're trying to take it serious asking about what people think about the legitimacy of a site doesn't mean I can't play poker for a living. That is an ignorant statement on your part.
So yes. Poker sites have been proven to cheat. You're 100% wrong. And so I asked.l about these sites.

2. I'm asking because it has happened on some sites not because I'm inexperienced. Do your research dude. You're making false claims.
I built a bankroll up and I have 100s of reviews a 1 and a half star total on trustpilot for this poker site saying it won't pay out and the site hasn't responded to any if the comments.

I worked hard to build that bankroll it wasn't one tournament it was 1st place $30-$$40 tournaments. Again you didn't know you didn't ask.

3. Maybe I have something he doesn't because I got there quicker.
I'm saying this tongue in cheek but again you don't know me. Or my skill level.

4. I have lost plenty of times this isn't my first go round.
I didn't ever say once I wanted to make hourly. $4 = 3 $1.10 tournys
$100 = 90
If you're so good at poker why do you suck at math.
I never said I looked in te mirror and ran food and won a tournament.
$4 I was extremely lucky agreed. $100 is a bankroll.
I worked hard and build a bankroll out of nothing. And that is my money not the sites.
I never once said I have $100 let me go for $20 tournaments and move up. I also never said hourly quit misquoting me.
I can't afford another bankroll on a different site because my money is tight and my bankroll was my bankroll and only that.

5. I didn't win a random tournament. Again you didn't read. I just mentioned I won the first on the new site which is betonline.

6. You did it but you are telling me I can't once again. I never said I wanted hourly. My hourly would suck.

7. I never asked your opinion on my skill I asked about the sites.
You don't have one and if you did it wouldn't mean much you think no site has ever cheated lol

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. Absolute poker. Ultimate Bet. Acr. All have been accused of cheating. Full tilt poker didn't play payers.
Having knowledge that it does happen especially when you're trying to take it serious asking about what people think about the legitimacy of a site doesn't mean I can't play poker for a living. That is an ignorant statement on your part.
So yes. Poker sites have been proven to cheat. You're 100% wrong. And so I asked.l about these sites.

2. I'm asking because it has happened on some sites not because I'm inexperienced. Do your research dude. You're making false claims.
I built a bankroll up and I have 100s of reviews a 1 and a half star total on trustpilot for this poker site saying it won't pay out and the site hasn't responded to any if the comments.

I worked hard to build that bankroll it wasn't one tournament it was 1st place $30-$$40 tournaments. Again you didn't know you didn't ask.

3. Maybe I have something he doesn't because I got there quicker.
I'm saying this tongue in cheek but again you don't know me. Or my skill level.

4. I have lost plenty of times this isn't my first go round.
I didn't ever say once I wanted to make hourly. $4 = 3 $1.10 tournys
$100 = 90
If you're so good at poker why do you suck at math.
I never said I looked in te mirror and ran food and won a tournament.
$4 I was extremely lucky agreed. $100 is a bankroll.
I worked hard and build a bankroll out of nothing. And that is my money not the sites.
I never once said I have $100 let me go for $20 tournaments and move up. I also never said hourly quit misquoting me.
I can't afford another bankroll on a different site because my money is tight and my bankroll was my bankroll and only that.

5. I didn't win a random tournament. Again you didn't read. I just mentioned I won the first on the new site which is betonline.

6. You did it but you are telling me I can't once again. I never said I wanted hourly. My hourly would suck.

7. I never asked your opinion on my skill I asked about the sites.
You don't have one and if you did it wouldn't mean much you think no site has ever cheated lol
Instead of playing sub-antics, I really think the post I made after the one you are responding to, would be beneficial for you. You can consider whether you would enjoy learning those things or potentially figuring out another way to generate some extra cash and pass the time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good point. Its not all that difficult to win a few houndred dollars per month in micro and low stakes online games. But its difficult to get an hourly winrate, which can compete with the minimum salary in a western country. Which is probably why, most micro and low stakes regs are from places like Eastern Europe or South America ;)

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can cash out at everygame! but the catch is you must earn 50% rake on your freeroll winnings.
so that means playing cash games to earn your rake, difficult but definitely not impossible, I have done it many times.

betonline was very easy to cash out with bitcoin. you need a bitcoin wallet for most sites these days. JMO good luck

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good 'read', & excellent winning 'instincts' imo ;)
I don't know why your encouraging the guy is obviously susceptible to depression and is getting 'very depressed' over not knowing if he can cash out $100. Imagine how he's going to feel if he grinds 40 hours and ends up negative.

This is not a good career choice or hobby for the OP at this moment in time.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know why your encouraging the guy is obviously susceptible to depression and is getting 'very depressed' over not knowing if he can cash out $100. Imagine how he's going to feel if he grinds 40 hours and ends up negative.

This is not a good career choice or hobby for the OP at this moment in time.
if you read his post you would know that destroying his dream true or false will not help him.
he can do it!!! and he will have some 40 hours of grinding and end up in the negative, that is part of the
struggles of anyone attempting to be serious about poker, it's a brutal game but ANYONE can do it.

plus he found out (from me) that he can cash out ;)

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you read his post you would know that destroying his dream true or false will not help him.
he can do it!!! and he will have some 40 hours of grinding and end up in the negative, that is part of the
struggles of anyone attempting to be serious about poker, it's a brutal game but ANYONE can do it.

plus he found out (from me) that he can cash out ;)
I am just being realistic. I don't think anyone can be a winning player. Lots of people try with coaches and all this BS and continue to fail. People have aptitudes and skills for different things. I couldn't do lots of jobs or hobbies other people excel at.

Could gambling addict be a professional Poker Player? Loses a few buy-ins starts shaking and spewing off a bunch of money?

I posted previously as well a list of things I would ask myself to see if I am truly ready to have a shot at being a profitable gambler. If he went through the list and checked off yes to all of the questions, maybe he can win. If he doesn't really understand the questions than he's probably destined to lose.

Yes I think it's mean to destroy someones 'dream', but I think it's even meaner to allow somebody to waste a bunch of time, fail, and then get 'very depressed', rinse and repeat, and never even get anything out of it other than heart break.

If there wasn't depression tied into this post, I wouldn't comment on it or maybe even encourage him or try to help, but when the barrier to feeling 'very depressed', appears to be so low, I'm sorry but this does not seem like something they should pursue.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am just being realistic. I don't think anyone can be a winning player. Lots of people try with coaches and all this BS and continue to fail. People have aptitudes and skills for different things. I couldn't do lots of jobs or hobbies other people excel at.

Could gambling addict be a professional Poker Player? Loses a few buy-ins starts shaking and spewing off a bunch of money?

I posted previously as well a list of things I would ask myself to see if I am truly ready to have a shot at being a profitable gambler. If he went through the list and checked off yes to all of the questions, maybe he can win. If he doesn't really understand the questions than he's probably destined to lose.

Yes I think it's mean to destroy someones 'dream', but I think it's even meaner to allow somebody to waste a bunch of time, fail, and then get 'very depressed', rinse and repeat, and never even get anything out of it other than heart break.

If there wasn't depression tied into this post, I wouldn't comment on it or maybe even encourage him or try to help, but when the barrier to feeling 'very depressed', appears to be so low, I'm sorry but this does not seem like something they should pursue.
well I'm sorry your Mommie didn't tell you that "you can be anything you want to be".
of course, the struggles and the amount of effort are different for each individual.

I also don't think the OP is talking about serious depression, he is young and that's just his way of explaining how bad
he feels about working so hard to earn $100 and then not being able to collect it.
but now he has found out that he can cash out so no more depression.:giggle:

I understand you were trying to help I just disagree :love:

oh and as far as winning players go, not one person has ever lost a penny in CCs freerolls
and 1,000s have won money, how can they not be winning players?

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I never had problems cashing out on 888Poker and PokerStars if that helps you in anyway.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Generally speking, i think its right way aproach and right way to speak about poker as a profession, when its told how difficult it is, and how few actually manage to do that.
But this protecting aspect..yes, i have asked couple times when playing heads up and my opponent reloading 1000d for the twelfth time that i you sure or wanna take a break. ;):p

There are lots of profitable players also who dosnt understand that they are not that good what they think, and its gonna be reality check also for them at som point.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Who am I to express any kind of opinion, what I do is analyze my defeats and my achievements, what I have and what I have already received online, departed from the Freerolls, do not mirror me in anyone, my are tests, judge who wants