I'll have to quit poker

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm from Ukraine.Mariupol.Yesterday I wanted to register in a pokerstars tournament, but I received a message that it is no longer possible to play for money in my region. Apparently, this is due to the war. I don’t play anywhere except pokerstars, so I’ll have to leave poker forever. Good luck to everyone.

B

bj999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm from Ukraine.Mariupol.Yesterday I wanted to register in a pokerstars tournament, but I received a message that it is no longer possible to play for money in my region. Apparently, this is due to the war. I don’t play anywhere except pokerstars, so I’ll have to leave poker forever. Good luck to everyone.
Sorry bud. I hope it gets better fast

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wish you nothing but the best, poker online at

If you can access americas card room(ACR) or Black Chip Poker(both run by WPN(winning poker network). You can join without a deposit, and participate in cardschat free-rolls, when you gain permission).
People everywhere are very concerned about Ukraine. It seems like extra punishment that you can't play poker online to take your mind off the present situation.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
prayers for all Ukrainians. stay safe.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's strange that yesterday I registered at Pokerstars on our freerolls without any problems. But when I saw Russian players at my table, I wrote for everyone that (I protest and will not play at the same table with Russian occupiers). I left the game.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The war in Ukraine is a very sad situation, but presumably the situation will stabilise in one way or another relatively soon, and then PokerStars will probably resume operations. So "leaving poker forever" should not be nessesary, but its quite understandible, if you have other things on your mind right now like the safety of your family, the future of your country etc.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
It's strange that yesterday I registered at Pokerstars on our freerolls without any problems. But when I saw Russian players at my table, I wrote for everyone that (I protest and will not play at the same table with Russian occupiers). I left the game.

Maybe you should have actually tried to take them out at all costs :hmmmm2:

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand how you feel but Russian poker players and probably most Russian citizens
do not agree with this war. but none have a choice.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you all very much. It's really a terrible situation and right now it's not about poker to think about. Right now the windows of my apartment are shaking from explosions. There was no access to the Internet for two days.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing on PokerStars right now, and as usual the tables are full of russian players. Thats not going to stop me from playing, because they are not personally responsible for the decisions of their government. But it does feel rather unfair, that ukrainean players are now banned from playing on Stars but not russian players.

So I really wish, PokerStars would ban russians as well, until this war is over. It would be in line with the onging sanctions against Russia, and frankly everyone is Russia should spend their time making revolution now rather than playing poker. What the russian government has done here is completely unacceptable, and Russia should become a paria in the international community, until all russian soldiers have been pulled out of Ukraine.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck my friend,hope that everything will be fine and war finish bro.I also quited poker before because I was going to work in UK for bigger money but I have started to play it again because I am not really good enought paid in my country now.

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stay safe. Hoping for peace in your area. Stay strong

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

When I die. I love poker. Favorite is live poker, mostly at our weekly home game. Anywhere between 10 to 30ish players. Enjoy playing online, daily if I want to. When your retired you have plenty of time on your hands.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I wish all Ukrainians a lot of strength and that this war will be over as soon as possible.

C

Clutchdenier

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are more important things in life than poker and money. It will pass.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing on PokerStars right now, and as usual the tables are full of russian players. Thats not going to stop me from playing, because they are not personally responsible for the decisions of their government. But it does feel rather unfair, that ukrainean players are now banned from playing on Stars but not russian players.

So I really wish, PokerStars would ban russians as well, until this war is over. It would be in line with the onging sanctions against Russia, and frankly everyone is Russia should spend their time making revolution now rather than playing poker. What the russian government has done here is completely unacceptable, and Russia should become a paria in the international community, until all russian soldiers have been pulled out of Ukraine.

Sad part is probably the money speaks in this case. As an Ukrainian you never know when your loose your ability to play poker because of the circumstances, and I think it would be way too much work to process the cases and return money (also it can be misuse as well from some players).

On the other hand Russia is still one of the biggest poker nations, and the income would be drastically down if poker sites would not cooperate with them.

In my view (which is does not matter) poker is a mental game, so it can heal mentally and turn your attention away from the bad things in the world. And of course an income to people as well, a virtual workplace.
We are lucky to reach a point where most of the people don't want to get into a war-situation, but there's still a big room for people not to pick those weapons and turn into something not violent. We will see. Until that, big love for those who are involved in.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if it is just some regions of The Ukraine that cant play on pokerstars because I still see a lot of players playing for money on pokerstars. A freeroll satellite right now with a total of over 5000 players registered has aprox 300 players from Ukraine registered.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its wierd that op is saying he only plays on pokerstars. i could swear i played agaist him also on 888 poker.

or is kreator like a famous word in the ukraine? what does it mean does someone know?

anyway i wish you good luck op, terrible situation and i hope there will be soon a solution between russia and the ukraine but i kind of doubt it unfortunately :(

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have met many players from Ukraine in freeroll tournaments, do not give up.

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see Ukrainian players on 888poker. If you have the desire to still play, I think it will be possible there.
Anyway, stay safe!

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand how you feel but Russian poker players and probably don't want to play with them. But if you want to play poker you will find them in poker sites.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you all very much. It's really a terrible situation and right now it's not about poker to think about. Right now the windows of my apartment are shaking from explosions. There was no access to the Internet for two days.

Hope you will be safe throughout this.