If this happens every single game, wouldn't you say it was rigged?

R

Raz123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wasted 5$ in two minutes. First game on site today.
Capt.jpg

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm assuming this went in on the flop - a quick look at a PLO8 calculator shows you had 42% equity three-ways. Profitable spot, but not a slam dunk... you went down to 28% on that turn card.

I wouldn't call that a bad beat as you are more likely to lose than win in both scenarios, but you will triple up getting it in on the flop some of the time.

If this was a small pot until the turn you got freerolled by the low and need to let go of these hands when half the pot is locked up and there are so many draws to beat you.

Better luck! :D

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Need more info, I agree with Doug, it's not a bad beat from the little info supplied.

:dontknow:

M

Maurits92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you don't have the 100% chance to win there's always a chance to lose. Unfortunate it happened twice in a row, that's for sure!

laifstaile

laifstaile

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is hi/lo

so what u expect....nuts low drawer is not going no where...
villain got lucky with river...and u missed your boat...

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
This is Omaha, friend, here you can find players,who are exposed with any 4 cards and they get hit, and this can happen several times in a row, this is a very volatile game.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But it doesn't happen "every time",,, does it (Arcade)Ray? :lollypop:

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is Omaha, friend, here you can find players,who are exposed with any 4 cards and they get hit, and this can happen several times in a row, this is a very volatile game.
completely agree with this comment in Omaha this is common you had bad luck but it was not a badbeat either. It would be nice to know how the bets were on the preflop, flop and turn to be able to do a better analysis of the hand

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in my opinion this and more than normal mainly in Omaha this situation happens frequently!

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Capt.jpg

I'm not sure it's fair. PokerStars is checked for fair play. If you don't like it there, play with another operator. I really liked the Ipoker network when it included the parimatchpoker room, unfortunately now it has a little daughter pokermatch in Alliance with pokerdom, like, or maybe with some network. I didn't like the game. Other rooms in the ipoker network were not allowed to register, they write that my country is not allowed. I don't know if it's possible now in 2020. I haven't tried to register for 3 years. That's why I sometimes play freerolls at PokerStars.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just because you lose a hand, does not mean, its rigged. And why would pokerstars even bother to favour someone else over you in a 5$ tournament? They are going to pay out the price money, whoever cash in these things, so to them its just the same.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Capt.jpg
Played a $5 Omaha game today on 888 and lost twice in two big pots with AAXX versus one isolated opponent by getting it all in preflop the second defeat busted me on the bubble sucks being 70% favourite but hey that is Omaha,
Unless you have the nuts on the river the maths and variance can be brutal.
https://gyazo.com/1122d23d536ff35f0f9b0f581c5d4394
Screenshot 1

Last edited:
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Of course it is rigged!

Your hand is not as great as you might think. I would not even consider it a beat it is more of a flip.

On the flop where you have the most equity you will win half the pot 4/10 times and scoop (win the whole pot) 2/10 times, this means 4/10 you loose the pot. So it is pretty common to loose a pot like this.

I consider your hand a one way get you trouble kind of hand. I mostly try to avoid these and when I play them early I proceed with caution. Remember you got no low so you can only win half the pot if 3 small cards come on board..

I think you need to invest some time in studying the game of Omaha H/L. It is a much different game then Holdem or even Omaha hi.

2020 09 27 012905

2020 09 27 012940

2020 09 27 013015

Last edited:
PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
100% correct the poker room makes their money from the rake and they do not care who wins or looses.

It is not Pokerstars pictured though it is a Chico Network site most likely Betonline
Just because you lose a hand, does not mean, its rigged. And why would PokerStars even bother to favour someone else over you in a 5$ tournament? They are going to pay out the price money, whoever cash in these things, so to them its just the same.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think omaha is a game with many possibilities and depending on how the pre-flop, flop and turn bets went. I think it's a normal hand. The problem is that when we win a hand in which we are at a disadvantage, we celebrate and when we lose we start with theories.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
100% correct, the poker room makes money from the rake and they don't care who wins or loses.

It is not pictured Pokerstars, although it is a Chico Network website, most likely Betonline

I totally agree with your comment.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A4 is not as good as A3 and A2. And the fact that 4 pocket cards of the same suit is also bad...

P.S. oh, you had hand with KK... One way hand is no good too )))

Last edited:
Top 10 Games