I wonder why the speed of games changes at Global Poker?

T

Takeaway911

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm brand new here but have been playing online poker since the days of Bugsys Club. So here my thing, and this is related directly to/about Global Poker tournaments, why is it that the speed of the game increases so much as the tourney progresses? I've taken note that this happens when I have a very comfortable chip lead, and then, bam it happens, I'm out! Does this happen to others? I mean it seems like that little timer only gives about 2-3 tops to bet before it's over, and this only happens rite before second break and then so on. What are your thoughts?

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the whole point of playing poker so that the game does not drag out too much

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm brand new here but have been playing online poker since the days of Bugsys Club. So here my thing, and this is related directly to/about Global Poker tournaments, why is it that the speed of the game increases so much as the tourney progresses? I've taken note that this happens when I have a very comfortable chip lead, and then, bam it happens, I'm out! Does this happen to others? I mean it seems like that little timer only gives about 2-3 tops to bet before it's over, and this only happens rite before second break and then so on. What are your thoughts?
Unless it's some kind of weird tournament format, the blind levels should remain the same.

Are you referring to your timeback? Maybe you are only allotted so much time to act, and that gets shorter and shorter as the game goes on? I do know that in most other sites your time bank gets depleted. But that is time that is over and beyond your normal time to act that you get for every hand. I've never played on Global, so I don't know; hopefully someone else will have a better answer for you.

Top 10 Games