I need help, I got hacked

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, my email account got hacked. It was the one I used to register in poker rooms. I cannot access it and I cannot reset the email password. Can the poker rooms change my email address to a new one and how should I contact them?
Thank you in advance.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't see how that can be a big deal. To log in to the poker sites, your username or phone number would do. And you can easily recover your email account using the additional information you have given them for the recovery purpose (A different email address, phone #, secret Q&A ...). Good luck to you.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would try Live support first if that is available---if that doesn't work I would create another email account and contact support that way explaining the problem.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how that can be a big deal. To log in to the poker sites, your username or phone number would do. And you can easily recover your email account using the additional information you have given them for the recovery purpose (A different email address, phone #, secret Q&A ...). Good luck to you.

maybe the hacker already changed the password for the poker rooms?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
maybe the hacker already changed the password for the poker rooms?

Probably not unless they saved there password in the emails or used the same password.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably not unless they saved there password in the emails or used the same password.

If someone has access to ur Email he can simply go to the pokersite and request a new password which will then be sent to that Email. OP needs to hope the hacker is not into poker and needs some time.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If someone has access to ur Email he can simply go to the pokersite and request a new password which will then be sent to that Email. OP needs to hope the hacker is not into poker and needs some time.

Oh dam, I was not thinking about that. Your correct.

oldgrinder63

oldgrinder63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my email account got hacked. It was the one I used to register in poker rooms. I cannot access it and I cannot reset the email password. Can the poker rooms change my email address to a new one and how should I contact them?
Thank you in advance.

I would try and contact via live chat if possible, I also use many email accounts but on my main email account where I conduct my banking, etc etc I have a strong password, but most importantly I have a recovery phone number in there so even if it did get hacked I can change out the password, gmail is the best imo in protecting there email users and they always give you the option to have recovery back up in case you get hacked or forget your password.

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try and contact via live chat if possible, I also use many email accounts but on my main email account where I conduct my banking, etc etc I have a strong password, but most importantly I have a recovery phone number in there so even if it did get hacked I can change out the password, gmail is the best imo in protecting there email users and they always give you the option to have recovery back up in case you get hacked or forget your password.

I think this is a great tip.

I've already thought about the subject.
I have switched to 2 factor authentication wherever possible.
There are several options:
- Authenticator App
- App of the application
- Mobil-phone-SMS

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What a nightmare!

Speak to support and try to get everything recovered/secured asap.

Wish you the best of luck.. :(

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
To be honest, I don't understand what the problem is.
how can email hacking affect the use of poker rooms?
we need more details.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
make a request to freeze your poker account with the pokerroom support service, providing a photo of yourself with your identity document as proof, then contact the mail client support service and restore your mail. I hope everything will be fine, good luck!

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, you need to contact the support of the room and immediately. Explain clearly the whole situation and probably answer their questions about the account. After correcting the situation, do not forget to contact the support service - will there be any unnecessary checks on their part in the future? For the situation to be finally improved. And register yourself a mail with a binding to a mobile phone. This is a nice feature to help recover a stolen account.

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you in advance.

In such situations, immediately write to the support service of the poker room and ask them to block the account. After explaining the situation and sending, if necessary, documents, ask them to change your email address and in the future, be sure to install all possible methods of protecting both your account and your email address, such as Two-Factor Authentication and Google Authenticator. Eliminate the problems of the future in the present.