How often do you change your poker room passwords?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Assuming you use a different password for each poker site, and you are not using 2FA how often do you feel you need to change your password to remain safe?

Lets take it up a notch and say you recently discovered that someone was attempting to hack other accounts of yours, what extra measures would you take?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
how often? rarely, because my passwords are too strong lol

... but if someone don't use 2FA... I think he should change the pw, maybe at least 1 time in a 2 months period

...extra measures would be, add PIN, change the password lol, add RSA token, add SMS security verification, I think there's no much more to do about.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Among other things I think, it depends on, how much money you keep tugged away on the site. The larger amount, the more vigilant you need to be about security obviously ;)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Assuming you use a different password for each poker site, and you are not using 2FA how often do you feel you need to change your password to remain safe?

Lets take it up a notch and say you recently discovered that someone was attempting to hack other accounts of yours, what extra measures would you take?

Nah i pretty much use same (or identical) password in pretty much all sites and forums i am using so how often i feel urge to change them? Never.
Also if i discover that someone was attempting to hack my accounts then it is never wrong to try to hack their accounts in return :cool:

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Never) as a rule, if you do not talk left and right and do not download unnecessary programs, then I think you will never be hacked

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah i pretty much use same (or identical) password in pretty much all sites and forums i am using so how often i feel urge to change them? Never.
Also if i discover that someone was attempting to hack my accounts then it is never wrong to try to hack their accounts in return :cool:

Change the PW reg. Maybe every other month

Not worried about someone “hacking my account” and I doubt anyone here should seriously fear that happening.

Why?

I know what I keep in my account. We’re talking enough money to cover bus tickets for two weeks.

And hearing alllllll the talk in this place about “building bankrolls through the awesome CC freerolls”......I don’t believe 95 percent of the players here would have much more than that on any one site at any particular moment.

Last edited:
H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never have and i had prob 4 or 5 hundos on the most from winning a tourny. I have to worry bout my brothers getn on there more than anything. Jus keep changing em if yr worried about it. Good luck and crush them tables.:D

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I change passwords if necessary - if there was a hacking attempt, forgot the password, or poker room support recommended changing the password. if everything is ok, then do not change passwords. for each poker room - its own password, it seems to me that it is more correct than the same password for all poker sites.