How do you deal with Bad Losers or Trash talkers

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it when I get cursed out or someone starts talking trash. I just go over the top with them. If they call me a c*ck sucker I would go " Honey not for nothing but to suck yours I would need my gramma's glasses to find it" Stuff like that just shuts them up. It puts spice in the play and usually they get really pissed, make stupid plays and I wind up with their chips and them off the table.

goldfinger1217

goldfinger1217

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
outraged

I have the same problem all the time .I had a guy fallow me all the way through a tourny the week before last talking trash after I knocked him out.This guy was offering advice to other players on how to play hands against me and all.The only thing I could think to do was turn my chat off.:thefinger

R

rayzor1748

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holly5199 said:
I was wondering how others deal with this. I have found that it seems to happen alot more when you play online then if you are playing face to face. I have been cussed out ( in code of course) many times for winning a hand when the other player thinks they had the table beat. I just ignore them but i was wondering if anyone else has a better way to do it.
simply disable the player chat if it becomes too obnoxious.... or better yet knock that player out of the tourney !!!

5starscotty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ignore them ..then put them on tilt..

I want anyone off the table who i can get rid off...i would ignore them especially if that is your demeanor(spelled right?)..try and match up one on one with them and let the shit fly..put them on tilt...crack em get off the table...live game scenario only...:stickyman

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore them the best I can. Was playing in the Noble Maui SNGs last week and ended up at a table 3 times in a row with an a$$hole named kidpoker24. Whined and got abusive about every time he lost a hand. Actually called a player a "stupid piece of sh|t" for calling his/her all-in with a pair of jacks. Folks like that are very hard for me to ignore - I will focus on trying my best to take them out...

B

Berserk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It sucks when people trash talk i think it is wrong. But cant you block the chat?

V

VegasGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2 things to keep in mind.....If players are getting mad at you on a regular basis...You are probably plaing weak hands and getting lucky.

The other is some do this to get you talking and figue you out a little bit. Or get you upset so you don't play well.

Best to just keep your mouth shut or agree with them if you did give them a bad beat.

A

allinguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore them and then they usually get stupid and try to bluff you out of a pot and it is pretty funny when you beet them again..lol

Devilpoker78

Devilpoker78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trash talkers and cussers are good, money wise. When someone starts talking that they are usually on tilt. Usually I'll just keep quiet or if im in a bad mood or annoyed ill just provoke them abit, not by cussing back but just by laughing or saying "thanks for the cash". Sometimes I get really mad when someone makes a terrbile call and gets lucky, but I guess its just part of gambling. Usually I just wait for another chance to get back at them but if im in a bad mood sometimes I'll say something. I have a very bad temper.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i hardley ever talk to anyone while im playing poker. i never respond to people who talk trash,thats what they want some one to argue with.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ah, yes, everyone's favorite...the trash talker. I used to let them get under my skin, but now I just think it's hysterical; kinda like a soap opera, so I have to admit that at times I do find pleasure in baiting them along. I can usually come up with a better burn after any of their insults, so they soon shut-up for lack of anything else to say! ha ha. But, *sigh*, I suppose the adult thing to do would be to just ignore them :boring:, but where's the fun in that?! It can be so entertaining.

The one time someone really ticked me off though, was when I was playing at Paradise, had a great hand (the nuts), and got disconnected! ARGH!! When I finally got back online this creep kept calling me a cheat; as if I deliberately disconnected myself so as not to have to add more to the pot. That really p'd me off. Don't call me a liar or a cheat--for I am far from either. A little strange, perhaps, but certainly no cheat. But the sweet thing was that I took that jerk out soon enough....aaaahhh revenge is sweet.

But the one thing I cannot stand are the poker "pros" who come to the table spouting all their statistics, and telling everyone how they should have played their hands...irritating.

T

THEDAWGPOUND19

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
dealing with trash talkers is easy holly. you take all of their money and send them home broke!!! that usually shuts them up!

R

rascal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
get the nuts and hit em where it hurts

D

darkhorse30

Freeroll #3 Winner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just stick to my game and take their chips when i can

M

maderj241

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THEDAWGPOUND19 said:
dealing with trash talkers is easy holly. you take all of their money and send them home broke!!! that usually shuts them up!
That's usually true. What craps me up is when they continue to talk trash long AFTER you've taken them out. Last week I had this guy go all in against me in the big blind. I had A4 suited...not the best hand sure, but I had already paid 300 for the big blind and calling his all-in (only other person betting) cost me around 1000, i think. I was the chipleader in a MTT so, I figured, no big deal, call it and see what happens, win or lose it wouldn't mean much to me. So, I call....he has AQ suited, my suit hits flush, I win. The guy hounded the table and even followed me to the next table afterwards to tell me and everyone else how BAD of a player I was. I couldn't believe it. Had other people telling him to shut up and finally admin shows up and disables his chat. I went on to win that one.. not much $125 for first, paid the car insurance and back to freeroll pirating for me.

H

HollyGo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mader,

That happened to me the other day too. This guy followed me to different tables for about an hour after he was out of the tournament. It was totally creepy. In that instance, maybe this is a chick thing, I reported him and the card room sent me an email saying they checked the logs and had indeed suspended his account. That was a pretty extreme case however. Ick!

B

bsavy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if they are really ignoring me i just block chat from that player, then you dont have to put up with it, or you can always go to a different table