How do you deal with Bad Losers or Trash talkers

Z

zippo38

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest you just ignore them. 1 of the features I like at Paradise is the Ignore Player Chat. It really helps sometimes.

B

BDMK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very simple-you must not ever allow anyone to distract you from focusing on your game by getting you upset.
which is why i seldom ever even chat at all while playing, save for the most perfunctory, occasional 'nh', 'ty' or 'gg' and 'gl'.
that's it. don't get sucked into the chit-chat vortex, it's not worth it. if you really want to be friends, you can always chat after the game/tourney is over.

J

johndoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
angry peopel

who cares if other people get mad you have their money. One amusing route is to encourage their anger which typically causes them to play worse and continue the vicious cycle towards losing and being on tilt. Of course the kinder and probobly more mature thing to do is just ignore them but thats not nearly as much fun.

B

beatrix

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd usually try and get them even more agitated
that way the don't play the game properly, they just try and take your money and you can take them to the cleaners

M

methos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Early on I thought I had to put up with it. OK, I'm female, it's a guy thing. Then, I got a table where someone had gotten knocked out by a bad beat, I took his chair, he was hanging around being obnoxious. Said he was going to couch me. I put up with him for a while, and when he finally got on my nerves and I told him I was turning off observer chat, he still hung around. Bothered the other players. Followed me around for days. Said he'd couched me into winning and I'd turned on him (like I'd listened toanything he said). I mentioned it to a coulpe people I was friendly with, they came to the tables I'd be at (cuz as soon as I logged in, he'd show up at my table) and told him to bug off. He started following a couple of them around too. Finally I decided it was absurd and complained to support. He backed off the next day. THAT"S when I realized I didn't have to put up with a lot of nonsense. This is a public place. It's not a frat party or something. So, when someone starts getting out of line, I warn, then I complain. Yes, that's right, I snitch. I sooooo never wanted to go there, but there's no reason to let some butthead who doesn't know how to behave in public ruin your play. Complain. I warn them, tell them I'm offended, point out if they can't deal with losing they really shouldn't be playing, but in the long run, I complain. And they lose their chat, and nobody has to put up with their childish behavior for at least a little while, so much the better. Sometimes they lose it for good. And we're all that much better off.

J

jayb0ne

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
don't respond, that will give them the satisfaction they need to not commit suicide, and that would be bad.

jeterkid925

jeterkid925

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love when People trash talk, it makes me laugh, I do it if I get busted in a tourny and I go all in with aces and some jerk off calls with 2 9 and wins, but other then that, I never trash talk.

J

Jurveliciouw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I deal with them the same way that I deal with super aggressive players at the tables. Don't let them get in your head. These are the types of players that profit from making you make a move or call something that you wouldnt normally. THey get you on tilt so just take a couple deep breathes and don't let it bother you. Hope this helps

S

sublimer21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just reading this thread makes me want to go join a ring table and start talking sh*t to everyone in there!!!!!
:rock:

J

jsussman11

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what i do

i just ignore them and try and knock them out

B

birdman2004

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just laugh at some of the stupid things some players write when they get beat. i find it entertaining.

D

dfresh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
trash talkers

The thing that I hate is when some player calls a big bet with a crap hand and luck out to win and then they talk trash. This is about the only time that I find myself talking trash back at them. They have no respect for themselves or the game. If somebody lucks out and catches one on the river and says sorry or doesnt say anything than I have much more respect for them.:tee:

T

Traynor126

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i just ignore them because their probaly just tryin to spoil the game so i jus agree with them in a sarcastic way!lol

M

mikekac

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There shouldnt be trash tlak in poker its the luck of the cards most of the time ... i got trash tlaked when i lost a hand and had 100 chips left hour latter i had 100,000 chips for real and i didnt say a thing back

P

PaisanDom

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to encourage them and get them to keep talking crap. If they lose their temper they are not playing as good as the should be.

I also like to talk crap to make people think I'm on tilt, when I never am.

RedHatLady

RedHatLady

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is easy for me.........I absolutely love the mute button.

If they start talking trash. I just tell them

"Growup and find a site suited to their age. You are now muted". Do not ask what their respone has been because I do not know I muted them.

:party:

G

greatkeep10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to beat trash talking players is with your cards. Dont listen to them. Ignoring them is the best option. A trash talking player who says a rude comment will only become more pissed when they are not answered. Therefore, they get loose and play horrible hands. This is when you can take them out. Then you trash talk back.

~~Shelynn~~

~~Shelynn~~

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Trash Talk"

:wavey: I was playing at Party Poker at the free tourney that has max. of 2000,thrilled to death I made it to final table and it was the 2 of us left,it was awful, I was cussed,etc, and told a woman's place is in the kitchen but there was several that were very suportive. I let them get to me and ended up in 2nd place but still was very proud of that. I have now learned to tune them out and the best is "OFF". Think it shows how dumb they are. Another gripe I have is the all in player ,you know the one that bluffs his way in, No Skills,just stupidity. Guess I'm stupid because I usually fold. How about an input on this for me. Thanks All . "Good Luck and Good Cards", hope to see you at a table some time soon.:wavey: :cool:

M

maderj241

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best way to beat trash talking players is with your cards.............greatkeep10 said that up there and I just have to agree, in fact, I just had this happen, had a guy very ticked because I called the big blind and after flopping top pair with a king over card, I raised, he went all in with more chips than me and got upset when his top two pair got beat after my king paired up. Started talking trash. I waited out till I had another good hand and raised over top of him and took him and 2 others out in the same hand. The trash talking ceased after the table was closed and I moved to a new table

D

danl2005

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't ever instigate the trash, but I often find it entertaining. some people do it to get you off your game, but I usually tighten up. If it bothers me, I mute the player and ignore.

M

martythebo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol sometimes i thinks to see them guys lose it

brings a bit of fun to the game it times lol

P

PaisanDom

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's part of the game, if it offends you, you're free to turn off the chat. It is usefull to get people playing off their game. If the trash talk makes you play worse then they are the better player and it is working correctly.

D

disquinox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm overly nice to them, they usualy shut up, often go on tilt and sometimes go away!

I

imafin4u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it has its benifits

Whiners stick out like sore thumbs, they will type how they've been cheated, rivered, claim they got the same hole cards five times in a row, site is rigged. Then they win a couple of hands and yelp as expected they are quiet as a mouse, well until they make a bad play. At which point they start up the typing machine again and the blame game.

Ignor that type of person or better yet, when he's down(close to tilt) feel free to send him or her up and over the ledge. Maybe simply type "You deserved it" or "Do you always play this bad?". Trust me, end the type at that, dont say no more. Allow the player to rant and rave in the room, the other eight calm players will smell his tilt scent. That player most often than not will be gone in the next couple of hands. As he tilts the allin button becomes common place in instead of the fold button.

I am always saying something to someone with the motive to tilt him or her off their game.

G

GQJohnE

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself am not a trash talker. I do tend to get annoyed by it (tilt). I just try to end there game.