How do you deal with Bad Losers or Trash talkers

H

holly5199

Guest
I was wondering how others deal with this. I have found that it seems to happen alot more when you play online then if you are playing face to face. I have been cussed out ( in code of course) many times for winning a hand when the other player thinks they had the table beat. I just ignore them but i was wondering if anyone else has a better way to do it.
 
JAMILE1

JAMILE1

Cardschat Elite
I usually just ignore it and it has happened quite a few times while playing online and at times I have just played right into it and started cursing back in code or with spaces lol it mainly happens to me at pacific poker lots of poor losers but for the most part I just try and take all there money and say bubbye loser
 
sorcerer_

sorcerer_

Guest
well .. not to good .. actually, today I found myself talking trash to someone that came at the table and started braging about how good his game is and making commnets on the game and how players should have played
And I got annoyed and picked up on him ... he was out quite soon although he had the most chips at the table

I usually don't talk trash ... mostly I don't even talk at all, only If I see good play
 
R

rocknsurf04

Guest
The best thing to do w/ people like that, is to ignore them and keep playing and beat them and take their money. LOL Then they will really get mad! HAHA!!
 
H

hotrod13

Guest
If argue with them they just keep it up and scroll up and down the chat screen, just get good cards and take em out:boxing:
 
MicheleW

MicheleW

Rock Star
Hi - I find this funny because I got two people yelling at me the other night ... different poker sites tho. One got upset because I went all in with J/10 suited. I was low on chips and probably could only go around two more times with blinds, so I had a feeling I'd win this hand and went in (womens intuition ya know). And I won the whole pot. This guy was livid. He cussed me out, then apparently looked at my profile and found out I was a woman. He came back and said "she's a girl! ... figures" like I'm stupid or something. I just wrote "sore loser" and he shut up.

The other time, the guy just called me every filthy name in the book - thought I was a guy that time. I couldn't believe how bad he was. I again wrote "sore loser" and he shut up. So that's what I do. I never continue the arguement.
 
jeterkid925

jeterkid925

Guest
MicheleW said:
Hi - I find this funny because I got two people yelling at me the other night ... different poker sites tho. One got upset because I went all in with J/10 suited. I was low on chips and probably could only go around two more times with blinds, so I had a feeling I'd win this hand and went in (womens intuition ya know). And I won the whole pot. This guy was livid. He cussed me out, then apparently looked at my profile and found out I was a woman. He came back and said "she's a girl! ... figures" like I'm stupid or something. I just wrote "sore loser" and he shut up.

The other time, the guy just called me every filthy name in the book - thought I was a guy that time. I couldn't believe how bad he was. I again wrote "sore loser" and he shut up. So that's what I do. I never continue the arguement.
I argue when I get rivered, I do it all the time, I moan and complian, but wwhen people complian to me, I tell them to get a life.
 
D

dbo69

Rising Star
if there is a bad loser at my table or a trash talker i just ignore it most of the times but if i am in a bad mood i will probably say something back to them
 
D

dsmn8

Guest
Personally, i love the trash talkers. And the key is to keep them going. Let's face you don't get much info playing poker online, so any info is good info. I like to see if I can stir them up even more, so they start pushing more than they should. That said, you have to be careful not to fall into the trap you trying to lay for them. What I mean by this is: if you get them going manic, betting when they shouldn't, cause their trash talkers, you don't want to try and beat them out of a hand. They will probably call you on anything, so play it a little tight and slam them when hold the winner. I especially like a real slow play on a big hand, so they can tie their own noose.
 
X

xdmanx007

Legend
I personally don't talk too much trash but when I raise 4x blind raise preflop with queens I get called by 7,3 off and I lose I must explain to that no good SUCK OUT piece of shit how I feel about them. I can not keep that stuff bottled up inside I would end up in a padded room drooling all over myself screaming 7,3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW this just happened to me at party poker. How play like that can be rewarded is beyond my ability to comprehend! When I lose money to hands like that when I fire hard before the flop I seriously want to go find that player tie them up and take runny dump in their mouth!! ARGH!!!!!!!!
 
S

sublimer21

Enthusiast
When people talk trash I usually make fun of them everytime they lose a hand. I am notorious for not shutting up in a poker room. I enjoy that almost more than actually playing poker. sometimes I just fold everything and criticize the person who talks trash. They usually don't stick around long.

Sometimes I am the trash talker, but never because somebody called me with crappy cards. I figure its just like flipping a coin no matter how good your starting hand is. I call with crappy cards quite often and it has been very profitable. The flop does not always come A K J but most of the pre flop callers are holding just that and will call a lot of bets without any face cards showing on the table. When they pay to see my cards after the river, they get pissed and I just smile. I figure a lot of them are bitching about people like me in forums like this everywhere! I mean, I don't call all in bets with a 7 5 or something, but I will call a dollar or 2 to see a flop. 5 out of 10 times I fold it, 2-3 times I legitimately win it, another 2-3 times I steal it. :party:
 
BatistaJJ

BatistaJJ

Guest
High Maintenance said:
I find if you've already been chatting to a few other players, they will jump in to your defence. With enough back lash, the "JERK" usually leaves the table!!

lol, thats the best way always play with your mates or make new friends then the idiots that annoy will leave, but also you can mute the person so you dont see what he says i do that if it happens in tournys cause you need to concentrate instead of thinking up imature replies although smetimes it cane be fun to reply if its a free game.
 
T

thecat35

Guest
trash

i believe for some people talking trash is a good way of putting your opponent off,and i believe it should be allowed as long as it does not get out of hand.things are said in most games played but its for you to rise above it and take all there chips.never let it get to you
 
Q

qsilver1

Guest
this is the one thing that makes playing on line better then playing in person. on line you can block them on paradise you can i believe you can block them on the other sites also. unfor in real life you dont have that mute button. i think i still like playing in person better tho when players go tilt i cant help but laugh and nine times out of ten they will start laughing. if they dont i tell them the atm is down the road get back quick lol good luck all
 
Dennis C

Dennis C

Guest
I don't let people get under my skin. I usually wait till I have a folder then start typing. Some people will pay more attention to the smack your talking than the game and get cracked. Then type: (BUH-BYE @ FAH-Q)
It makes em even madder:mad: .
 
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
qsilver1 said:
this is the one thing that makes playing on line better then playing in person. on line you can block them on paradise you can i believe you can block them on the other sites also. unfor in real life you dont have that mute button. i think i still like playing in person better tho when players go tilt i cant help but laugh and nine times out of ten they will start laughing. if they dont i tell them the atm is down the road get back quick lol good luck all
Yes this way you can come across rude when a participant to the game says NH and you don't say TY. Never amazes me when it comes to sportsmanship how people can get rude on both ends of the spectrum.
 
jmj69

jmj69

Guest
I try not to get caught up in trash talking. If I'm playing a tourney I just mute the whole table.
 
Q

qsilver1

Guest
twizzybop said:
Yes this way you can come across rude when a participant to the game says NH and you don't say TY. Never amazes me when it comes to sportsmanship how people can get rude on both ends of the spectrum.
twizzy i meant block the person that is being unruly and swearing at you about the way you played or the fact they lost. in the real game usally i would say take a walk to the card thrower that just cant believe his jedi mind trick failed on the deck of cards the dealer had. sometimes the people i play with in real games get upset but it is usally short lived and they end up laughing at them selfs. good luck all.
 
P

policy_maker

Guest
I usually don't chat. I turn it off and play silent. In between hands i will be playing freecell, or something of that sort.
 
B

Blimp

Guest
I've played a great deal of online poker in the past year. I've found that you almost never see cheap insults and complaints in the higher stakes games. Only in the free rolls, $1, $5 and $10 tournaments and low stakes table games.

That should tell you something, i.e. these people either grow out of it with experience or simply beat their brains out against their wallets. This realization helps me put their lame attacks in perspective.

GL,
Blimp
 
onebigblue

onebigblue

Guest
if im playing live i usually smile and say nothing . but a little later i ll make a country bumpkin bet and use a false tell. then when the time is right i nail the sucka using my false tell and then i finish with a smile and his money
 
J

JohnnyGringo

Rising Star
I tend to bait the loud mouths and try to get them more on tilt in order to affect their play. People really don't play as well when they're steaming. They tend to play as though they have something to prove, which causes overbetting with marginal hands.

You can call me any name in the book, as long as you don't call me late for supper.
 
A

acepokerace

Guest
holly5199 said:
I was wondering how others deal with this. I have found that it seems to happen alot more when you play online then if you are playing face to face. I have been cussed out ( in code of course) many times for winning a hand when the other player thinks they had the table beat. I just ignore them but i was wondering if anyone else has a better way to do it.
i believe most poker sites have a silent button to block other chat, that is if you are at a table with a foul mouth idiot wrapped in moron you can simply block their chat and go on with a nice game
 
Top